Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lucy...
Lucy...
2007-07-03, 12:23 PM #1
i was just browsing through some old photos on my comp and i found the ones from my trip to Ethiopia last year. whilst there we visited a museum there (the name escapes me...) and i got a picture of the actual fossil remains of Lucy.

anyways i just thought it was pretty neat so i wanted to post it here.

[http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/darth_alran/lucy.jpg]
:awesome:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-07-03, 12:30 PM #2
For anyone who, like me, had no ****ing idea who or what the chickenwings Lucy was : Click Here.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-07-03, 12:35 PM #3
LIES THE EARTH IS 5000 YEARS OLD ADAM WAS THE FIRST HUMAN ARGH BLARGH

*ahem*

Yeah, seen those bones before but it's neat to know you actually saw them live.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-07-03, 12:37 PM #4
I request his user title to be changed to "Watcher of the bones."
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-07-03, 12:37 PM #5
. . . in the sky with diamonds
Pissed Off?
2007-07-03, 12:38 PM #6
I'd hit it.
:master::master::master:
2007-07-03, 12:39 PM #7
I was coming in here expecting an E/N thread about how this girl named Lucy was crazy/cheated on you/stalked you, and I was going to post about how to never ever trust girls named Lucy because they are crazy as hell

Even if they are 3 million years old.
2007-07-03, 12:41 PM #8
At least this one doesn't talk a lot.
2007-07-03, 1:00 PM #9
Originally posted by stat:
I'd hit it.

ok I read that and laughed, doing so I spat Dr Pepper on my keyboard. Ill send you the cleaning bill.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2007-07-03, 1:05 PM #10
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
LIES THE EARTH IS 5000 YEARS OLD ADAM WAS THE FIRST HUMAN ARGH BLARGH

Hahah yeah, I think remains of pre-humans are the most outright convincing evidence of evolution. If god created homosapiens as we know them today, where the hell did those guys come from?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-03, 1:09 PM #11
FROM THE HANDS OF EVIL DEVIL SCIENTISTS OF COURSE
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-07-03, 1:11 PM #12
yeah, usually they have the real skeleton locked away and display a plaster one instead. but we somehow managed to be there when they had taken the skeleton out and were cleaning the vault.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-07-03, 1:58 PM #13
Were they steam-cleaning the vault?
幻術
2007-07-03, 2:57 PM #14
Originally posted by Emon:
Hahah yeah, I think remains of pre-humans are the most outright convincing evidence of evolution. If god created homosapiens as we know them today, where the hell did those guys come from?

to test us, duh. how can we prove our faith if we don't disregard some evidence?!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2007-07-03, 3:15 PM #15
Originally posted by Koobie:
Were they steam-cleaning the vault?
:D

Those are remarkably well preserved bones. Especially those vertebrae.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-07-03, 3:15 PM #16
Looks like Lucy got more than a broken nose from her last fight...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-07-03, 4:11 PM #17
yeah, gotta love leakey and his bunch. whole family has a monopoly on ancient remains in africa though. they're the only ones who claim to find them.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-07-03, 4:36 PM #18
I love Lucy

2007-07-03, 5:53 PM #19
Originally posted by Ford:
yeah, gotta love leakey and his bunch. whole family has a monopoly on ancient remains in africa though. they're the only ones who claim to find them.

I believe he also trained Diane Fossey, Jane Goodall, and some lady no one talks about who does the same thing, only with orangutans.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?

↑ Up to the top!