Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → File sharing in Windows
File sharing in Windows
2007-07-03, 8:52 PM #1
I've got Windows XP Pro running on a system with simple file sharing turned off. I've tried to set up a local account on the system, but, when I try to open the network share it simply tells me access is denied instead of prompting me for a username.

My question is, then - can I set up the server so that it uses an account local to my client machine OR be prompted with a login so that I can use credentials local to the server? If so, how?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-07-03, 8:57 PM #2
You probably have the guest account enabled but gave it no rights to the share, resulting in the access denied message. You either need to give the guest account (on the hosting pc) rights, or disable it.

↑ Up to the top!