Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This just in: if you play video games, you're not doing homework!
This just in: if you play video games, you're not doing homework!
2007-07-04, 9:57 AM #1
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/02/health/webmd/main3009349.shtml

:eek:

You mean to tell me that if Kid A and Kid B both do activity C, but that if Kid A does activity C and activity D, he's spending less time than Kid B on homework?

No wai!!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-07-04, 10:14 AM #2
Of course! Logic, my friend!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-07-04, 10:19 AM #3
I think they're looking at this the wrong way. Clearly, the more important issue is that if you do your homework, you're not playing video games.
2007-07-04, 10:29 AM #4
Why do people waste so much time doing studies like this? I wonder what it must be like to realize that your existence is totally useless because you got some looser degree in collage because you spent the whole time partying.
2007-07-04, 11:17 AM #5
"Kids kept journal entries on a random weekday, and a random weekend.

40% of the kids didn't do the journals. They probably play videogames, but we don't know because they don't do their homework."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-07-04, 1:31 PM #6
Hrmm, replace every occurrence of 'video games' in that article with 'sports' or 'sleep' or 'doing something other than homework in their free time' and the topic is still quite feasible...

:suicide:
2007-07-04, 1:46 PM #7
Thank you CBS for this valuable lesson! I get it already! Video games are bad for you! If you play them, you won't amount to anything in life!
2007-07-04, 1:49 PM #8
INCONCIEVABLE!

...Wait. It took scientists to come up with that?

No ****ing ****. If someone's doing something, he's clearly not doing something else.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-07-04, 2:31 PM #9
Originally posted by Jep:
INCONCIEVABLE!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2007-07-04, 2:43 PM #10
I think the real question here is in what way doing one's homework affects one's score in said games.
2007-07-04, 3:52 PM #11
I think they're forgetting to include the fact that 90% of high school homework can be completed in the actual school day. Whoops.

I always had plenty of time to be a loser and play games all day and I still got all As in high school.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2007-07-04, 4:00 PM #12
Originally posted by Achelois:
I think they're forgetting to include the fact that 90% of high school homework can be completed in the actual school day. Whoops.

I always had plenty of time to be a loser and play games all day and I still got all As in high school.

Yeah me too.

Except I managed to not get As.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-07-04, 4:39 PM #13
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
Hrmm, replace every occurrence of 'video games' in that article with 'sports' or 'sleep' or 'doing something other than homework in their free time' and the topic is still quite feasible...

:suicide:

Indeed.

But, I dod (that might have been a little Freudian slip there :o) have to admit, I don't do my homework when I pay video games!
Pissed Off?
2007-07-04, 4:42 PM #14
Quote:
Video Games May Divert Kids From Homework

They just found out. :neckbeard:
Back again
2007-07-04, 5:00 PM #15
This is about as good as the "hardcore gamers buy more games than casual gamers" article I saw the other day.
2007-07-04, 6:27 PM #16
I personally never found or felt that homework was that effective.

Instead of forcing you to spend the time on it, they allow you the liberty to half *** things and you don't learn much.

It's one thing if it's a HUGE project you have to reasearch and work on, but DO THIS RANDOM SHEET OF MATH WHERE I CAN'T SEE IF YOU'RE USING A CALCULATOR OR NOT LOL just never struck me as doing much.
2007-07-04, 6:31 PM #17
I call bull****. The results of this study make no intuitive sense at all. None.

:awesome:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!