Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bad Jedi Knight! BAD!
Bad Jedi Knight! BAD!
2004-07-22, 7:20 PM #1
Grah.

JK fails to load any levels at all. I can get as far as the level load screen, but after that it crashes back to the desktop. No error messages, or anything else. I've checked the folder, everything seems to be in order. For kicks, I tried shoving it in a compatability environment (this is Win2k by the way). I've rebooted. Nothing. I can't enter any levels at all.

Any ideas as to what's going on here or suggestions to try? My next step is going to be a reinstall, but I don't feel like doing it now, it can wait until tomorrow.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-22, 7:21 PM #2
That needs a re-install as far as I can tell, that or a bad mod.. or something

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-22, 7:22 PM #3
Try checking the error log to see if it is printing anything useful. I think you have to run it in devmode to get a log first though. I haven't touched Jedi Knight in ages so I forget.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-22, 7:30 PM #4
This may be the same problem I'm having.
Go into your setup/display properties (in JK) and see if you're on [mode X] If you are, try switching off of it. If it still doesn't work, try the second [mode X], then change it to what you want after you get ingame.

OT: You probably won't care, but I just realized I've been putting a >'< in want for the last week. Oops.

------------------
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

[This message has been edited by SG-fan (edited July 22, 2004).]
2004-07-22, 7:49 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG-fan:
Go into your setup/display properties (in JK) and see if you're on [mode X] If you are, try switching off of it. If it still doesn't work, try the second [mode X], then change it to what you want after you get ingame.

OT: You probably won't care, but I just realized I've been putting a >'< in want for the last week. Oops.

</font>

You mean like wan't??? WTF?

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-07-22, 7:55 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG-fan:

</font>

I LOVE you! That was it exactly... The next question is why and how the hell it switched from my 1024x768 mode down to the first [mode x] thing...

You rock.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-22, 8:25 PM #7
Something similar happened to me just a few minutes ago, except I got an error message saying "Cannot load previous display mode." I, also, don't know how it got changed.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
"Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man."

Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-23, 11:36 AM #8
I wish I could tell you how to stop it from doing that, but it's top secret. So if anyone knows, please tell me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I just keep changing it back whenever it happens. I usually get the "cannot load previous display mode" error, but on another comp it crashes to the desktop.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Raoul Duke:You mean like wan't??? WTF?</font>

Ya, I'm surprised the Grammar Nazis didn't try to rape me.

------------------
2004-07-23, 8:24 PM #9
I had that recently. A reinstall fixed it.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-07-23, 8:43 PM #10
Were the GUI screens showing up kinda tall? Because mine have been since I had that error.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
"Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man."

Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-24, 1:59 AM #11
check the Display-options....

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%

↑ Up to the top!