Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is going to be annoying...
This is going to be annoying...
2007-07-05, 5:24 PM #1
Transitioning to a new computer...ugh..almost two years worth of stuff on this one. At least it'll be faster... :P
woot!
2007-07-05, 5:58 PM #2
At least you could afford one. I desperately want a MacBook Pro :(
2007-07-05, 6:32 PM #3
Originally posted by finity5:
At least you could afford one. I desperately want a MacBook Pro :(

This cost a lot less than a MacBook Pro.. :P
woot!
2007-07-05, 6:47 PM #4
Set your old hard drive up as a slave in the new box.
Pissed Off?
2007-07-05, 9:28 PM #5
Originally posted by Avenger:

That's what I'm doing - I'm using some existing parts for the new one..but fortunately I was running two drives anyway. I'm hoping it's less of a headache than I anticipated. :)
woot!
2007-07-05, 9:28 PM #6
Originally posted by Avenger:

I don't know about him, but every time I've done solutions like that, it's inevitably left me with a horribly convoluted disorganized mess of files that are all over the effing place in the end.

.... Mostly because I go, "Ok, files are here. I can get at them. Organize later."

Then 3 months pass and I go, "Hey... I was gonna organize those..." and realize at this point it's utterly futile, incredibly time consuming, and I would've been better off doing a proper organization and backup to begin with.

Yeah.... Lessons learned the hard way.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-07-06, 8:46 AM #7
I have a 160 GB drive for my OS and programs, and a 320 GB drive for storage. All media, personal documents, etc go on the storage drive. So whenever I need to format my system, or move to a new one, the storage drive stays in tact and I just need to move small things from the OS drive (game saves, etc). Works pretty well. Also makes backups easier because everything important is in one place.

↑ Up to the top!