Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Breaking news!
Breaking news!
2007-07-06, 9:38 AM #1
So this lady in California decides not to pull over to police and drives down a highway avoiding arrest.

Now this incident is BREAKING NEWS.

It's not even a remotely interesting car chase. She's driving down the highway at an alarming speeds of 45 mph. And it appears the hot pursuit involves one police car, also going 45 mph.

And this is seen LIVE right now on CNN, MSNBC, and, of course, Fox News. Reporters are interviewing hostage negotiators, criminal psychologists, and all those experts. Because car chases are a totally new thing to happen in the country.

Sorry, I had to rant. :colbert:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-07-06, 9:39 AM #2
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaburgerboyz

:awesome:
2007-07-06, 9:51 AM #3
Maybe they're desperate for new topics.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-07-06, 10:06 AM #4
BREAKING NEWS: She decided to stop and willingly let police arrest her.

Chase is over!

Now news stations are carefully analyzing this chase, from police tactics to the condition of the road.
2007-07-06, 10:10 AM #5
Slow news day. They'll turn anything into a story as long as there are no school shootings, terrorists, or knut to report about. :suicide:
2007-07-06, 10:14 AM #6
So am I the only one who thinks that it's good that they don't have anything worse to report about?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-07-06, 10:30 AM #7
Yes. Yes, you are. Us burgerboys need constant input of violence and rape to be entertained. :awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-07-06, 10:41 AM #8
They show them because it attracts viewers (though this one was boring from what I saw). The thrill of seeing someone actually in the moment of a crime and before they are caught.

And technically this car chase is happening now. Using your rational, we would not show news on an earthquake because it has happened before. Or murders. Kidnappings. Terrorist attacks.

There would be no news.

Remember, the news only stays alive with ratings. Ratings = viewers.
2007-07-06, 11:03 AM #9
You watched it.

They won.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-06, 11:18 AM #10
What is it about Californians and low-speed car chases?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-07-06, 11:19 AM #11
Originally posted by Zell:
Yes. Yes, you are. Us burgerboys need constant input of violence and rape to be entertained. :awesome:

Wahhh! Why do they put all this bad stuff on news! They should put flowers and kittens on news so I won't be depressed!

Shut up hippy.
2007-07-06, 11:26 AM #12
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

So if Californians drive regularly, they speed. But if its a police chase, they slow down?

Actually I don't live in California so I wouldn't really know.
2007-07-06, 11:52 AM #13

When you're driving a tank, who cares if you're going slow? :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-07-06, 12:30 PM #14
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:

Link is down. Was it the killdozer?
2007-07-06, 1:06 PM #15
I hope to one day see Darth J on the news in a car chase (he lives in CA)!
2007-07-06, 1:38 PM #16
Originally posted by Rob:
Wahhh! Why do they put all this bad stuff on news! They should put flowers and kittens on news so I won't be depressed!

Shut up hippy.

You're a moron. Take one look at recent movies and television shows and tell me they aren't always trying to push the envelope because the viewers becomes desensitized to violence.. Then again, I can't say for sure, because I don't watch television and don't waste my time with all the crap Hollywood spits out, unlike your average burgerboy self. Why don't you go pick on a little girl or something and not troll here, that would get your ego trippin hardcore ;)
2007-07-06, 1:40 PM #17
Originally posted by finity5:
You're a moron. Take one look at recent movies and television shows and tell me they aren't always trying to push the envelope because the viewers becomes desensitized to violence.. Then again, I can't say for sure, because I don't watch television and don't waste my time with all the crap Hollywood spits out, unlike your average burgerboy self. Why don't you go pick on a little girl or something and not troll here, that would get your ego trippin hardcore ;)

It's called trolling. If you keep replying to them, he'll just keep doing it.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-06, 1:41 PM #18
Point taken.
2007-07-06, 1:55 PM #19
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
I hope to one day see Darth J on the news in a car chase (he lives in CA)!

Take a good, hard look at the woman.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-07-06, 9:24 PM #20

Many people in this state become incredibly stupid when they get on the road. Most people here speed more often than not.

Every day I see people weave in and out of traffic at 80 mph, only to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a car before swerving into another lane. Morons.
2007-07-06, 9:42 PM #21
Bah this is better news than seeing breaking news about Paris Hilton in jail.
Back again
2007-07-06, 10:27 PM #22
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:

If that guy at all knew what he was doing they would have had to bring in an attack helicopter or something to take it out. Man, imagine, a fully crewed tank in Atlanta or Houston or something. By the time we had anything good enough mobilized it could so much damage.
2007-07-06, 11:02 PM #23
The United States of America is one conglomerate of A.D.D. people.

Edit: PW: I'm kind of one of those people only because I can't stand going any slower than 80 MPH. I was hitting 90+ on I-15 today.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-07-06, 11:08 PM #24
Originally posted by fishstickz:
It's called trolling. If you keep replying to them, he'll just keep doing it.

I'm seriously not trolling.

Every post zell makes sounds pretty whiney.

Everyone should be happy, nice, and complacent!

BORING.
2007-07-07, 10:19 AM #25
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
The United States of America is one conglomerate of A.D.D. people.

Edit: PW: I'm kind of one of those people only because I can't stand going any slower than 80 MPH. I was hitting 90+ on I-15 today.

3/4's of the people who drive on I-15 here in Utah go over 90 MPH regularly. I drive 20 over the speed limit (65 MPH) and I still get passed like I'm standing still. Of course, that just means they're the ones getting pulled over and not me. :)
Life is beautiful.
2007-07-07, 10:26 AM #26
Originally posted by Rob:
I'm seriously not trolling.

Every post zell makes sounds pretty whiney.

Everyone should be happy, nice, and complacent!

BORING.
I think you're the only one who thought that post was "whiney".
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!