Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is this game I'm looking for Jedi Knight ??
Is this game I'm looking for Jedi Knight ??
2007-07-07, 11:46 AM #1
Hi, I'm looking for a game I played roughly 10 years ago with my neighbour. I've only seen it once or twice and played with it myself for only 5 minutes. So my memories are pretty vague but I'll try to discribe it as good as I can:

The level starts and you're outside, the sky is black and filled with stars. I also remember something like a lunar landscape, white/greyisch rocky surface on the background.
You proceed and come up to a gate of some sort of compound, the gate slides open, to the left I think, and you can go into the courtyard. To the right is some sort of vehicle, looks like a truck with a container on it. You can enter that container and close the door behind you, but there's nothing interesting there. When you go back outside, you can see a white guy walking through the gate, looks a lot like a storm trooper from star wars. Also in this level are these walking drones, walking machines with 2 feet, also white or greyisch, they also reminds me a lot of star wars. Then when you go further to the right, there's some kind of shack with somthing dark flying above it, but this parts is reallly blurry to me. I died there 2 times and we went on to play another game.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?? Preferrably the name of the game and what level this is. You can really make my day here because I've been looking for it for a really long time!
Today I tested Star Wars Dark Forces 1, and it looks similar, but it's not the right game. Do you know what this is ?
2007-07-07, 11:51 AM #2
That doesn't sound like any Jedi Knight level I can think of. It's not striking any bells for different games though.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-07-07, 11:53 AM #3
I was going to suggest Dark Forces 1, however when I read the end of your post I guess that was wrong.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-07-07, 11:57 AM #4
Have you tried the jedi knight demo? Maybe it will clarify whether or not its the right game.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-07-07, 11:59 AM #5
I tested dark forces, and used cheat codes to try all the levels. It looks pretty similar, but I didn't see any walking drones, and the level I'm looking for isn't their either ... I really have no clue. Ohw, those drones were about the same length as the troopers.
I'll try the JK demo, and see if that brings me any closer.
2007-07-07, 12:33 PM #6
There were some kind of 'drones' and similar features you explained in the fist few levels of Unreal.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-07-07, 12:45 PM #7
I played the demo of JK, looks like a fun game! It could be the right game, but the demo level is not the right one. Is there anyone that may remember somthing like I described in JK ?

I'm certain it's not unreal, because I've played that game pretty much ;)
2007-07-07, 1:49 PM #8
Sounds kinda like Unreal.
D E A T H
2007-07-07, 1:57 PM #9
It sounds like Unreal other than the part about the vehicle (there weren't any).
2007-07-07, 2:03 PM #10
Hmm...
Requiem: Avenging Angel?

I vaguely remember it. The first level is set in hell, but after that you're in (and around) a futuristic city.
k
N
2007-07-07, 3:53 PM #11
I've never played the game you described. :( Probably isn't a Star Wars game then 'cause I've played them all.

Unless it's for a game platform I never had... but I think I've played all the 3D ones so far. This a first person shooter you're describing?

2007-07-07, 3:58 PM #12
Deus Ex?

2007-07-07, 4:19 PM #13
Hmm... could be Deus Ex. Some of the stuff you're saying matches up.

Take the demo for a test spin. If that isn't it maybe it's the second game, which I think also has a demo.

2007-07-07, 6:08 PM #14
I'd lean more towards the beginning of Deus Ex, sounds similar to the beginning of the game on liberty island.

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no level like the one you are describing in DF2
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2007-07-07, 7:21 PM #15
I checked out Deus Ex, but that really isn't possible since it was released in 2000, the same with Requiem: Avenging Angel which was released in '99. Those games are too new, what I'm looking for is probably something that's been released between '93 an '97. Unreal is also not it, because I've played Unreal a lot wit my nephew, it's a total different graphical style.

Maybe I should explain more about the graphics. The game I'm looking for only has like, basic graphics, it's a pfs, but with no special effects or shadings or something like that.
Just basic textures of low quality. Think of JK on the lowest resolution, and less colorfull.
It also deffintely has those white storm trooper like guys patroling the place and some white 'attack drones' walking around with a gun.

I allready want to thank you guys, you are a big help to me because I can now cross out a few other games on my list!! I'm getting closer, I can feel it!
2007-07-07, 7:25 PM #16
hmm... so graphics more like Doom or something like that?

Duke Nukem 3d? Though I cant really remember a level as you describe (but it has been a long time since i played it)
k
N
2007-07-07, 7:38 PM #17
Yep something along those lines, but not as good as Duke.
Duke is the man dude, I've pladed Duke3D like 15 times from beginning to end!
Supperb game :D but not what I'm looking for here. Same with Doom, allthough I didn't play that one as much as DN3D.
2007-07-07, 7:42 PM #18
Maybe Strife? But I don't remember it having any vehicles...

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=1075
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strife_%28computer_game%29
幻術
2007-07-07, 8:03 PM #19
Hmm no that's not it. Strife has a massive hud, what I'm looking for doesn't.
I'm really squeezing my brain for every detail I can remember here.
2007-07-07, 8:12 PM #20
SkyNET?
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-07-07, 9:15 PM #21
Shadows of the Empire? It was available on the N64 and PC.
2007-07-07, 9:30 PM #22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Stone:_Aliens_of_Gold

Blake Stone. Maybe not...
>>untie shoes
2007-07-07, 9:41 PM #23
I would suggest looking at Shadows of the Empire.
2007-07-07, 9:47 PM #24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_-_Redemption

Perhaps
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-07, 9:48 PM #25
Originally posted by NoESC:

From how he described it I'd say you are the winner. But then again I guess it's his call.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-08, 1:26 AM #26
Holy SH*T, I think we've got a winner!! I'm gonna test SkyNET out immediately!

EDIT: Yup this the the stuff!! The demo starts right away with the right level!
A big thanks to everyone here that has tried to help me, and special thanks to NoESC who mentioned SkyNET!!

Good luck with your community! Byee
2007-07-08, 5:54 AM #27
Originally posted by NRJay:
Good luck with your community! Byee

Haha, he thinks he can just up and leave like that. Bud, your soul is ours.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-07-08, 6:42 AM #28
Don't worry the finns will bring him back.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!