Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Outcast key binding question
Jedi Outcast key binding question
2007-07-09, 11:54 AM #1
Is it possible to bind two console commands to a single key? I want to bind "helpusobi 1" and "g_saberrealisticcombat 20" (in that order) to F8.

I tried the instructions given in this thread to no avail.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-07-09, 11:58 AM #2
If you want them to run at startup, put them on separate lines in autoexec.cfg in the base directory. If there isn't an autoexec.cfg, just make a text file and rename it.

Also you should be using g_dismemberprobabilities 0, I think it is, which turns up the dismemberment without increasing damage.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-09, 12:17 PM #3
Works perfectly. Thanks!
2007-07-10, 9:36 AM #4
Halp! I think I broke something.

I tried to put the following line:
seta cg_dynamicCrosshair 0

to get rid of the crosshair's jumpy effect (changing position depending on distance of objects) in the autoexec.cfg file, and now even after removing the line I don't have a crosshair in 3rd person view at all, only in 1st person! I tried rebooting my computer, switching the "draw crosshair" option off and on again and some other tricks to no avail.

In the demo version you could turn on fixed crosshair by turning off an option called Snap to grid, but this option doesn't seem to exist in the full version.
2007-07-10, 12:37 PM #5
Just put seta cg_dynamicCrosshair 1 in.

You might consider keeping the "jumpy" crosshair anyway, otherwise you'll end up shooting yourself in the face if you're close to objects.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-10, 12:48 PM #6
Thanks, actually I figured out another way to bring back the crosshair which was by changing cg_crosshairX and cg_crosshairY both to 1 in jk2config.cfg.

Edit: actually I just noticed that dynamiccrosshair must be set to 1 for the crosshair to be visible. :(

↑ Up to the top!