Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → # locate "madaventor memorial thread"
# locate "madaventor memorial thread"
2007-07-09, 2:55 PM #1
does anyone know where the MaDa memorial thread is now that we've changed BB systems? (I know we changed a long time ago...)
i have the url for the thread on the old forum system but wanted to archive the thread but haven't been able to find it with searches.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2007-07-09, 3:05 PM #2
The thread has been compromised. Unless GBK or FGR have it on their PC somewhere.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-07-09, 3:06 PM #3
=/
i had not only a print out but a saved .html file of it back in the day... unfortunately computers crashed etc.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2007-07-09, 3:18 PM #4
Try looking around here:
http://www.archive.org/index.php

They might have it...

...if you're lucky. :psyduck:
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2007-07-09, 3:55 PM #5
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/archive/index.php/t-3647.html

closest i could find... :(
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-07-09, 4:26 PM #6
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=3647

That thread still makes me sad :(
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2007-07-09, 4:35 PM #7
Wow, I remember reading that thread way back when and being really touched by his father's post, this time it actually made me cry.
2007-07-09, 4:55 PM #8
Wow, it's been four years. :(
幻術
2007-07-09, 5:03 PM #9
Originally posted by Koobie:
Wow, it's been four years. :(

Whoa...has it really?

Man...doesn't seem like that long at all...I remember briefly talking to one of his family members on AIM, after he passed away...

http://madaventor.addr.com/

His site is still up.
woot!
2007-07-09, 5:40 PM #10
Originally posted by JLee:
Whoa...has it really?

Man...doesn't seem like that long at all...I remember briefly talking to one of his family members on AIM, after he passed away...

http://madaventor.addr.com/

His site is still up.

You can also get to the site the original domain name ([url]www.thelimelite.net[/url]) Which reminds me, I need to make sure I renew the domain.

I can't believe it's been 3 and a half years. :(
2007-07-09, 5:51 PM #11
wow.

That just brought tears to my eyes.

Does anyone remember how old he was? Like 16 or 17 if I remember correctly?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-07-09, 7:12 PM #12
This is horribly off-topic so feel free to ignore it (Apologies in advance for sticking it into a thread like this)

I just found this at the end of that thread:

<some stuff from the thread>

What the ****? Seriously Yect, why didn't you ever tell me about this? >=[
Ah well -- at least it was for a good cause :)

[I hope you don't still have my login info]
一个大西瓜
2007-07-09, 10:14 PM #13
Sarn, he was 18 iirc.
http://www.madaventor.net is still up, too. Thanks to massassi hosting! ;)

i wrote a summary bit on my blog (http://iwheat.blogspot.com) this afternoon because i was thinking about this so much.

FCTuner, thanks for keeping his domain up. I still have his s/n on my iChat buddy list and don't plan to remove it.
2007-07-10, 1:45 AM #14
Just looking at that thread gives me the same feeling I had when I first read it.
:(

Seeing that reminds me of how Massassi used to be, before there was all the fighting and bickering between a lot of people...
2007-07-10, 2:13 AM #15
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
Seeing that reminds me of how Massassi used to be, before there was all the fighting and bickering between a lot of people...

What? There was fighting and bickering back then too.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-07-10, 2:16 AM #16
Originally posted by Krokodile:
What? There was fighting and bickering back then too.

Yeah, but not in most of the posts like there has been recently.
That thread showed that most massassians can be civil to each other and were at at least one point in time.
2007-07-10, 3:30 AM #17
Yeah like, now is nothing compared to the days of the religion forum, or the days BEFORE the religion forum.
2007-07-10, 3:15 PM #18
There was bickering back then too, whether it was as much as now is irrelevant. What that thread showed was the way everyone was able to come together in a time of tragedy. What exists here is so much more than I have seen in any other online community, and for that massassi will always hold a special place in my heart.

Re-reading that thread has brought back so much emotion, I cried from start to finish. I hope that his family and friends have found some peace, and that he is remembered as fondly by all those who knew him in real life as he is by us.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2007-07-10, 3:36 PM #19
Wow. It really has been 4 years. I can remember right after the surgery talking to Adam every day and it really doesn't feel like he's been gone that long.

I still have the 27 Lives On in my sig... Way to go Pom for bringing it up again. :P You were banned from being an admin anyways and yours was the easiest to break. ;) At this point I'm pretty sure I don't recall what I used to get into that script anyways.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-10, 3:53 PM #20
i wasn't around when that thread was started. the last thing i remember hearing from Adam was when he posted about having his first surgery and how he seemed to be doing better. then i stopped coming here for quite a while. then i came back and Adam wasn't around any more :(

im glad i finally got to see that thread.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-07-10, 7:25 PM #21
I just realized that I joined 1.5 months before he went. :(

We should do something on the 4 year mark. Maybe a JK tourney using his levels?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-07-10, 7:31 PM #22
Originally posted by Pommy:
This is horribly off-topic so feel free to ignore it (Apologies in advance for sticking it into a thread like this)

I just found this at the end of that thread:

What the ****? Seriously Yect, why didn't you ever tell me about this? >=[
Ah well -- at least it was for a good cause :)

[I hope you don't still have my login info]

Spoiler tags don't seem to work will with quotes within them. I can still see it quite easily as green texts. Might wanna change that.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-07-10, 11:16 PM #23
Wasn't there a map-pack with his textures being made by the community?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-07-11, 12:30 AM #24
I thought that pack never got anywhere.

Anyhow, that thread reminds me of the few things... that sometimes Massassians can be sympathetic... the bickering has always been there since Massassi never changes (gee, I wonder if I've told that before)... and that just a few months or later people were like "yeah I didn't actually feel anything back then" and "you know, why do people miss him, he was a horrible texturer". Hm.

Tough to say, he hasn't really missed anything.

(May he still RIP, though. :()
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-07-11, 12:38 AM #25
I still maintain that his original saber pack was pretty horrendous.

But this was something I joked with him about pretty often.
2007-07-11, 12:41 AM #26
Hm, fixed my original line. Ah well.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-07-11, 12:45 AM #27
The point I was trying to make was that the dude took it in stride, and you could joke with him.

Alot of people here are pretty uptight, but he was rather chill.
2007-07-11, 12:59 AM #28
Originally posted by Rob:
The point I was trying to make was that the dude took it in stride, and you could joke with him.

Alot of people here are pretty uptight,

Ooh! Like me!

Quote:
but he was rather chill.

...yeah... :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!