Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Simpsons - Springfield
The Simpsons - Springfield
2007-07-10, 7:09 PM #1
My town was on BBC today.

Vermont won the "The Simpsons Movie Premiere" thing. I think all my fellow Missourisassians should bomb it (Wolfy, Ric), since no one cares about Vermont.

My city did a "Simpsons Protest" video thing. The funny thing is, in most Simpsons episodes, it really does refer to Missouri. For example, we have Branson Missouri, which the Simpsons visited on one episode.

Anyways, post the inevitable "simpsons is burned out suxbad" post, or any other expectations about the movie.
2007-07-10, 7:32 PM #2
The Simpsons movie is really the last stand for the show. Matt Groening better pull something good **** out of his...groin.

2007-07-10, 8:24 PM #3
If this movie doesn't meet my expectations......:suicide:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-07-10, 8:39 PM #4
waaaay tooo muuuccch maaarrrkkeettting
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-10, 8:55 PM #5
Originally posted by NDNmojo:
The Simpsons movie is really the last stand for the show. Matt Groening better pull something good **** out of his...groin.

more like matt groining olol amirite
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-07-10, 10:56 PM #6
What I've noticed is that I still enjoy watching the Simpsons, like they are a part of my family. Family Guy, which can be a funny show, does not have the same lasting appeal in overall entertainment value that the Simpsons still continue to have.
That yellow skinned family will always have a special place in my heart, and I am eagerly awaiting the movie with high hopes.
2007-07-11, 12:08 AM #7
Originally posted by Anovis:
My city did a "Simpsons Protest" video thing. The funny thing is, in most Simpsons episodes, it really does refer to Missouri. For example, we have Branson Missouri, which the Simpsons visited on one episode.

You mean Bronson Missouri. :awesome:
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-07-11, 2:20 AM #8
Where in the hell would you host that thing in Springfield, Missouri? There are two "big" movie theaters, and they both suck. And last time I checked, being next to Branson is nothing to be proud of.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-07-11, 2:40 AM #9
Originally posted by Anovis:

Your city is retarded.
2007-07-11, 3:04 AM #10
There was a scene in the newest trailer where Flanders is hiking with Bart, and they reach the top of a hill. Flanders says, "And from here, you can see all four states that border Springfield. Ohio, Kentucky, Maine and California!"

Or something to that effect.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-11, 6:54 AM #11
Originally posted by Rob:
Your city is retarded.

I agree, funny enough :\

Quote:
Where in the hell would you host that thing in Springfield, Missouri? There are two "big" movie theaters, and they both suck. And last time I checked, being next to Branson is nothing to be proud of.

One of them sucks, the other one is alright.

I never said I was proud of being next to Branson, all I said is it just makes sense.
2007-07-11, 7:34 AM #12
Movie featuring current cartoon = death of cartoon

Just wait and see...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-07-11, 7:38 AM #13
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Movie featuring current cartoon = death of cartoon

Just wait and see...

South Park seems to still be going on. :\
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-11, 7:39 AM #14
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
2007-07-11, 7:40 AM #15
Well that sucks now but it's still coming out with spin offs and new episodes that kids watch. Hardly death.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-11, 7:42 AM #16
Pfft, theres a bunch of cities called Springfield, and I'm sure at a bunch of points Springfield has a coastline. Isn't Missouri landlocked?
nope.
2007-07-11, 7:44 AM #17
Groening is going to break the record for longest running show ever (Currently held by like, Bonanza or something), then stop the show.

It'd push it into the 20th season, which I think is a perfect place to stop.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-11, 8:06 AM #18
Personally, I think the Treehouse episodes are the best. They should make more of em.

2007-07-11, 8:32 AM #19
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Groening is going to break the record for longest running show ever (Currently held by like, Bonanza or something), then stop the show.

It'd push it into the 20th season, which I think is a perfect place to stop.

Depends on what your criteria. There soap operas that have over 50 seasons. The Price Is Right has like 35. But for a fictional prime time show, yeah, The Simpsons is probably close to a record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_running_U.S._television_series#40_seasons_or_more

[edit]This takes the speculation away:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_simpsons#Run_length_achievements
2007-07-11, 11:08 AM #20
Should've been done in Springfield, Oregon, cuz Groening went to University of Oregon, which is like 2 miles away from Springfield.

Oh well, I never had any enthusiasm for this movie anyway. And I havent seen a new Simpsons in at least 5 years.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-07-12, 7:57 AM #21
two words: spider pig
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2007-07-12, 8:00 AM #22
Spider Pig. Spider Pig. Does whatever a spider pig does.

That bit in the trailer always makes me laugh.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-12, 9:36 AM #23
I don't think I've ever seen a whole Simpsons episode. I've seen, through crazy coincidence, the same part of the same one on two separate occasion flipping through the channels, but that's it. I bet I watch less TV than the average American.
2007-07-12, 9:47 AM #24
Look! Another thing Obi doesn't know about!

:P
nope.
2007-07-12, 12:03 PM #25
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Spider Pig. Spider Pig. Does whatever a spider pig does.

That bit in the trailer always makes me laugh.

And its not even funny :(

↑ Up to the top!