Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whoa Whoa Whoa...
Whoa Whoa Whoa...
2004-07-25, 9:59 AM #1
Is it just me or have a load of people started gettin (somthing) off about the new star wars films? What's wrong with them?????

------------------
All is good....
Hammer Masta.....
2004-07-25, 10:06 AM #2
what do you mean?

hi and welcome to the massassi temple.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-25, 10:08 AM #3
a load of my friends are gettin annoyed about the new films... sayin that they ruined everything and such..... probably shouldnt use their language on here

------------------
All is good....
Hammer Masta.....
2004-07-25, 10:27 AM #4
... they did. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-25, 10:36 AM #5
Because he did.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-25, 10:38 AM #6
But how??? You're all sayin that they are ruined but u arnt givin any evidence!!!

......how foolish......

------------------
All is good....
Hammer Masta.....
2004-07-25, 10:47 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gone_Latin:
But how??? You're all sayin that they are ruined but u arnt givin any evidence!!!
</font>

Evidence:

1. Jar Jar Binks
2. Bad Acting
3. Overuse of CGI
4. Midichlorians

Case closed.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-07-25, 10:48 AM #8
i like the new films. people are stupid and nostalgic and typically choose old crap over new crap, even when its the same crap.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-07-25, 10:52 AM #9
ok, in order to get the over worked subject started one more time on these forums you must post somethig to the effect of:

"Hayden Christensen was the best actor for Gorge Lucas to cast as Anakin Skywalker in the 3rd and 4th movie. He handles a love seen like a seasoned pro. Also Lucas was NOT off his rocker in usuing Jar Jar Binks to plot forward the first movie and get younger viewers intrested. and thoes Midichlorians were off the scale, hands down"

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-25, 11:20 AM #10
The acting in the new ones is horrible. The CGI was over done, it really made the acting look worse then it was. The scripts suck, which makes it even harder to like the actors.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-25, 11:34 AM #11
[pointless to debate this]

[This message has been edited by Darth J (edited July 25, 2004).]
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-07-25, 11:42 AM #12
You know, I hate other people telling me why I dislike a movie. Thanks for the assumptions but I'm not a "nostalgia whore", I just don't like them....if that's ok with you?

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-25, 11:49 AM #13
I love you, Jaiph.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-25, 12:00 PM #14
[pointless to debate this with you people]

Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2004-07-25, 12:07 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
You know, I hate other people telling me why I dislike a movie. Thanks for the assumptions but I'm not a "nostalgia whore", I just don't like them....if that's ok with you?

</font>

Indeed. This is like people telling me I only hate JO because I'm a JK fanboy who won't let go. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

No, the original triology was a huge disapointement. Episode 1 felt like a disney movie. Heck, Jar Jar binks could've started singing and it probably would've fit in. It was horribly cheesy, and all the characters felt like cartoons.

As for episode 2, it was a lot better, but still not the same quality as the original triology. Mainly because of the poor acting and cheesy dialogue. Although the CGI did kill the mood for me a couple of times.. especially with the cloners.. ugh.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-25, 12:10 PM #16
[I was never here.]

2004-07-25, 12:10 PM #17
Hey guys. I've noticed a serious lack of use of the dictionary lately. Here you go. Enjoy.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-25, 1:16 PM #18
Am I the only person that remembers that the OT films were the equivalent of what we now call "Special effects movies" back in the 70s and 80s?

Just annoys me slightly when people forget this and blast the new ones for overuse of special effects.

Oh, and I still think they're borderline entertaining, and the old ones were fabngroovy.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-25, 1:32 PM #19
Lucas raped my childhood with these abominations.

------------------
Please send me e-mail...
2004-07-25, 1:54 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
Am I the only person that remembers that the OT films were the equivalent of what we now call "Special effects movies" back in the 70s and 80s?</font>

There's nothing wrong with special effects. What's wrong is that the CGI is obvious and irrealistic. Puppet Yoda looked better than this!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-25, 2:53 PM #21
I've decided to be the first to say: "Welcome! Don't touch the cookies, they are for rewards only, and may very well be stale, and... i know there's something else to say... what was it... oh, yah!"

[http://www.boomspeed.com/redwingjs/allyoursoul.JPG]

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-25, 3:02 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hey guys. I've noticed a serious lack of use of the dictionary lately. Here you go. Enjoy.</font>

That's funny, YOU linking us to the word opinion.

"Doom 3 rocks and ATi ROCKS, and HL2 is nowhere near as good as Doom3, and if you think so your stupid."

IMO the Original StarWars looked better then the new ones, because the special effects are models, so they look a lot more realistic then the crappy CGI.

------------------
2004-07-25, 3:08 PM #23
[http://kaos.m0f0.net/~zathan/humor/retarded.jpg]

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-25, 3:09 PM #24
Wow, you have to be the FIRST person I've ever seen post that picture. It's funny because it's so original and not overused...
Yeah, I was being sarcastic [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-07-25, 3:13 PM #25
And guess what? IT FITS HERE

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-25, 3:14 PM #26
No it doesn't you stupid moro....Oh I see what your saying.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-07-25, 4:52 PM #27
Nevermind...

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com

[This message has been edited by NoESC (edited July 25, 2004).]
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-07-25, 4:59 PM #28
hmm.
2004-07-25, 5:05 PM #29
A matter of opinion does not need evidence to back it up.
2004-07-25, 5:34 PM #30
Except for Hayden and midichlorins, I like the movies. My favorite part is the Obi-Wan Quigon vs. Darth Maul dual on the cat walks.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 25, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-25, 5:40 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
i like the new films. people are stupid and nostalgic and typically choose old crap over new crap, even when its the same crap.

</font>

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-07-25, 5:50 PM #32
Quote:

</font>

thats the way i like it...

I think the EP1 was pretty crummy, 2 was alright... im waiting to see them pull this rabbit out of a hat to connect all the lose ends from 4.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-07-25, 6:35 PM #33
The only problem I had with Episode 1 was the lack of character emotion and interaction that the original trilogy had (which, of course, will affect the actors' ability to act). That script could've been a lot better. Let's face it; it's hard to act to a script that lacks the proper character interaction, right?
Episode 2 was a big improvement compared to Episode 1. I think maybe G. Lucas was just a bit rusty on the writing.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
"Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man."

Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-25, 6:44 PM #34
Quote:

</font>

That's a great quote. Really.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-25, 8:32 PM #35
SAJN--I've never said anything of the sort, though it is fact that last gen ATi easily beat out nVidia. ATi still rocks, but it's a different ballfield now, with SM3.0 and the Doom 3 engine. And I like Doom 3, but I've never said "if you don't like it you suck", and I've certainly never said HL2 sucks because I have no reason to. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-25, 10:35 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i like the new films. people are stupid and nostalgic and typically choose old crap over new crap, even when its the same crap.</font>

someone call the prime minister or the president. or god even. i agree with oS.

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-26, 2:23 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
That's funny, YOU linking us to the word opinion.

"Doom 3 rocks and ATi ROCKS and I rock, and HL2 is nowhere near as good as Doom3, and if you don't agree with my opinion then you don't know what opinion means."
</font>

<3 SAJN.

[edit] Fixed. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited July 26, 2004).]
2004-07-26, 10:11 AM #38
wow... this worked better than i thought it would.... but i still dont see how you can say that the CGIs are crap... its better than strings at the top of the shot!!! And if the writing is bad, you are criticising the people that wrote/grew up with the original films!!!!

------------------
All is good....
Hammer Masta.....
2004-07-26, 10:16 AM #39
Just because he/they got it right 20 years ago doesn't necessarily mean it's any good this time around [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-26, 10:28 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noble Outlaw:
I've decided to be the first to say: "Welcome! Don't touch the cookies, they are for rewards only, and may very well be stale, and... i know there's something else to say... what was it... oh, yah!"

[http://www.boomspeed.com/redwingjs/allyoursoul.JPG]

</font>

Not only do you steal my line, you're a leech!!!!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!