Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thunderbirds
Thunderbirds
2004-07-27, 7:59 PM #1
I remember that show. I hear they're making a new movie called 'Thunderbirds'. Is that based on the show? Sounds kinda kiddy, but heck I might go see it.

------------------
Massassi - Muh-Sah-See
2004-07-27, 8:23 PM #2
real live action movie so no puppets = bad
2004-07-27, 8:41 PM #3
If you get G4TechTV (they really need a new, shorter name), they're going to have a Thunderbirds marathon from July 29 to July 31.

Do not see the movie. It might be the worst movie of the summer.

Do read this article about a new puppet movie, inspired by Thunderbirds, being made by Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park creators). It sounds like it's going to be awesome.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-27, 9:27 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CavEmaN:
real live action movie so no puppets = bad</font>

Yeah it looks dumb, but I love how they made the effects look like the old show.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-28, 12:12 AM #5
The movie looks horrid.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-28, 12:57 AM #6
Thunderbirds with people = SICK SICK AND WRONG.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-28, 4:33 AM #7
The Thunderbirds is NOT Cody Banks, Spy Kids, or any spin-off thereof. It's horrid storylines that were made interesting with puppets and really cool miniatures that blew up. The Thunderbirds is NOT 3D Animation. The Thunderbirds were all 20-25, the Thunderbirds are NOT kids. The Thunderbirds are NOT braces. The Thunderbirds are NOT sequels. The Thunderbirds movie is NOT going to be good. Why god, why?

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-28, 5:23 AM #8
There's 2 good things of the Thunderbirds movie:

1) Jonathan Frake's is directing it (Guy from Star Trek: The Next Generation)
2) Hans Zimmer is doing the music

Will I see it in theaters? No
2004-07-28, 6:27 AM #9
Will I see it ever? NO!

------------------
Massassi - Muh-Sah-See

[This message has been edited by Delphian (edited July 28, 2004).]
2004-07-28, 7:00 AM #10
I've been in a mega Thunderbirds mood for over the past two weeks. I have found many things that I am not pleased with about the movie, but I have also found that about everyone who saw the movie (Including Sylvia Anderson) liked it. Of all the stuff I'm pissed about in the new movie, I pobubly am most pissed about learning the Virgil doesn't pilot Thunderbird 2 (Gordon does). Virgil only co-pilots Thunderbird 3. Thunderbird 4 looks nothing like it did in the origenal series. But overall I'm going to wait till I accually see it before I make my final judgement.

I first saw the Thunderbirds show back when if first came out on Tech TV (Now G4Tech TV. I don't like the change). The first episode I saw was "City of Fire" (Episode 3), and from there I was hooked. I've seen all 32 episodes, but so far none of the movies ("Thunderbirds are Go!", "Thunderbird 6", and the new Thunderbirds live action movie).

I have gotten so much into Thunderbirds lately that I've been listening to my Thunderbirds CD every time I get on the computer, made all five Thunderbirds out of Legos, made a Virgil Tracy skin for Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy (Still waiting to see it here on massassi.net), watched my two sets of Thunderbirds DVDs two to three times, drew Thunderbird 2 a few times, drew a nice picture of Virgil, and started calling my Green-cheeked Conure "Thunderbird 2" (His real name is Pippin. I'm sure theres more stuff that I did that I just forgot about. If you want you can look at the the picture I drew of Pippin and Thunderbird 2. Its not my best work of course.

Favorite episode: "The Man from MI5".
Favorite Thunderbird: Thunderbird 2.
Favorite caractor: Virgil Tracy.
Favorite voice actor: Shane Rimmer.
Favorite crew member: Derek Meddings.

------------------
Bellorna-sa ecto mandaba-fa?
Bellorna-sa ecto mandaba-fa?
2004-07-28, 7:10 AM #11
Seek. Medical. Attention.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-28, 7:17 AM #12
Thunderbirds is an awesome TV series. BBC2 shows practically the entire range of Gerry Anderson animations on roughly an 8 year rotation (it takes about a year to show them all, so 7 years without any at all). This marks Thunderbird's third revival during my lifetime alone. My Dad remembers it from when he was a kid, it's hugely popular.

There's also Stingray, Fireball XL5, Captain Scarlet and a few others. I've never seen Fireball XL5 but my Dad rates it highly. I like Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet the best out of the ones i've seen/
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-07-28, 7:53 AM #13
Ironically, I first saw Thunderbirds in the UK while visiting my grandparrents (I live in Canada). I was 6 years old at the time (this was 12 years ago), and i was amazed. I spent the next 2 years on a thunderbirds collecting spree (i ended up getting all of the Thunderbirds as die cast toys, the tracy island playset and a Thunderbird 5 model of the exact scale. I even got all of the comics that were released in the early 90s (for those that are interested, sorry. They aren't for sale, and i have to find them in my basement anyway).

2 Years ago, i was walking through the Sainsbury's in Hempsted Valley in the electronic section, when i passed the toy section, and noticed that they had remade at least some of the toys as plastic playsets (though nothing will stack up against the die-cast toys. I still have Thunderbird 2 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]) (ah. blissful nostalgia. ah well. back to the present [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif])

As for the movie, i'll probably go see it just to see how good a job Frake's does on it.

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford

↑ Up to the top!