Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero 3
2007-10-21, 5:07 PM #1
Guitar Hero 3 comes out next week!

But I don't know what system to get it for. I have a 360, a Wii, and a PS2. I'm thinking 360 because I doubt the other two will get downloadable content... but I'm not sure.
2007-10-21, 5:13 PM #2
I've very excited, the demo was leaked for the 360 (See here), and it's crazy fun. The game seems more forgiving than GH2, which means in the more frantic sessions it's possible to be a little slow or fast and still keep the chains going, which ultimately makes it more fun.

How they manage downloadable content would be the deciding feature for me. The extra wii features (rumble, sounds from the wiimote, etc), seem nice, but it won't have DLC. Since the DLC for GH2 was so frakking expensive, though, I don't see any reason not to get the wii version.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-10-21, 5:26 PM #3
I've heard that it was coming for the PC, so I might pick it up; I don't own a console. If it does come out on PC, I might still wait to see what kind of a mod community it has. If people are making a lot of custom songs for it, I'll almost definitely get it. If not, I'm not so sure.
2007-10-21, 5:50 PM #4
Considering all I have is a Wii, then probably that. Hopefully, it will be a little cheaper for the Wii than other systems because the guitar accessory just takes advantage of the Wiimotes expansion port, and doesn't have to have any wireless technology built in.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-10-21, 7:30 PM #5
360, for sure

The Wii version, btw, is 10 dollars cheaper, for Ric_Olie who was asking.

I've played the demo probably about 50 times now, seems like a lot of fun. The songs are lot better than Gh2 already. On youtube there is a user who has posted about 30 videos of songs, and they look a lot harder, which is a good thing (for me anyways).
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-10-21, 8:15 PM #6
Wii version for sure. Already pre-ordered. The PC version looks interesting too. You can use an XBox guitar on PC no problem. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-10-21, 8:20 PM #7
Man. We have a PS2 upstairs... but PC? They're just tempting me too much now
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-10-21, 8:44 PM #8
i'll get it once i have the moneys for the wii version...
.(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-10-21, 9:40 PM #9
nah,
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-10-21, 10:33 PM #10
PC version? DO WANT.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-10-22, 8:23 AM #11
Originally posted by fishstickz:
How they manage downloadable content would be the deciding feature for me. The extra wii features (rumble, sounds from the wiimote, etc), seem nice, but it won't have DLC. Since the DLC for GH2 was so frakking expensive, though, I don't see any reason not to get the wii version.

the Wii's is TBA at the moment on when it'll get it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-10-22, 10:56 AM #12
No.
nope.
2007-10-22, 11:13 AM #13
I don't get the appeal of these games. :/
2007-10-22, 11:18 AM #14
Originally posted by Rob:
I don't get the appeal of these games. :/

I actually felt that way until my brother's girlfriend gave my GH2 for his birthday. Then I got to try it and was surprised at how fun it was. Of course, its way too expensive for my interest.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-10-22, 11:22 AM #15
It's $30 more than a normal game. :/
2007-10-22, 12:00 PM #16
110$ is just too much for one game. I already own a real guitar, thanks.
2007-10-22, 12:02 PM #17
I very rarely buy games (no I don't pirate them, I just don't play a lot), and I find 50-60$ (canadian) is already too expensive for me. I realize that its part of production cost and they ARE decently fair prices, but I can't afford it. 100$ (thats how much new GH games cost when released here) is just wayyyyy too much for the amount of fun it'll bring me.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-10-22, 12:47 PM #18
Why do people want PC so badly? These types of games are better as party fun in a living space, not coped up in a bedroom/office. Well, that's what I think.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-10-22, 12:50 PM #19
Originally posted by Yecti:
Wii version for sure. Already pre-ordered. The PC version looks interesting too. You can use an XBox guitar on PC no problem. :)

There will be a PC version?!

Definitely be getting it then... I don't own any consoles but played GH2 round my mates. Great stuff!

Also, i heard DragonForce - Through the fire and the flames will be on it.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-10-22, 12:53 PM #20
Originally posted by Echoman:
Why do people want PC so badly? These types of games are better as party fun in a living space, not coped up in a bedroom/office. Well, that's what I think.

For one thing, it will probably be very easy to make custom songs and songcharts for the PC version. So the PC version will include theoretically any song you want, as long as the mod community provides a stepchart.
2007-10-22, 1:08 PM #21
Guitar Hero is fun, but not fun or deep enough to own or play for more than like 20 minutes at a time.
2007-10-22, 1:26 PM #22
PS2, if anything.

Like I have the money for that.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-10-22, 2:24 PM #23

Because they don't have or want a $200-$300 console?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-10-22, 2:26 PM #24
These types of games are better as party fun in a living space, not coped up in a bedroom/office. Well, that's what I think.

Agreed

2007-10-22, 3:06 PM #25

If you have a media center PC, or a cable to hook your video card up to your TV, this point is moot.
D E A T H
2007-10-23, 10:07 AM #26
I would rather get Rock Band since it has Boston - Foreplay/Long Time.
>>untie shoes
2007-10-23, 9:58 PM #27
Well, just played for 8 hours. Songs are absolutely awesome.

"One" took me 2 hours to beat, and I still haven't beaten the battle against the Devil. It's damn near impossible! (I'm playin on expert, btw)

2007-10-23, 11:02 PM #28
PC if it runs on a 742mhz system.
PS2 if i get one.
Xbox 360 if i find that red McDonald's monopoly game piece that's not indiana or illinois (first one to mail me one gets a money order for $3-5 grand when I get my winnings, no joke)
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-10-24, 12:24 AM #29
how did they manage to make "One" hard? It's a relatively easy song even on the real guitars.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-10-24, 12:33 AM #30
Originally posted by Antony:
I would rather get Rock Band since it has Boston - Foreplay/Long Time.

:o
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-10-24, 6:15 AM #31
Originally posted by Detty:
how did they manage to make "One" hard? It's a relatively easy song even on the real guitars.

That pick tapping part (on a guitar 19p15p12h19p12h15 or whatever) is insanely fast in the game. They shrink that part down to just a hella lot of triplets. The rest of the solo is pretty tough too. Part of it's hardness though is taht I think I was playing on a TV with some lag. Even with it calibrated, I could just not keep up even though I swear I was. I'll have to try it again on the TV up here.

*Edit*. Just beat The Devil. He's tough, but you just gotta memorize some certain parts when he uses his power-ups so you can still nail your own. Got him with a double-note power-up, followed with a broken whammy bar. You play Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce as the credits roll (you can't fail it the first time you play), and I thought I did pretty well. Now onto bonus songs!

2007-10-24, 4:10 PM #32
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Well, just played for 8 hours. Songs are absolutely awesome.

"One" took me 2 hours to beat, and I still haven't beaten the battle against the Devil. It's damn near impossible! (I'm playin on expert, btw)

Is this on the demo or are you some lucky early game getting :master:?
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-10-24, 4:38 PM #33
I never really had the chance to play any of the games. Then again I'm not really into rock and roll, more into the orchestration and classical music.
2007-10-24, 4:51 PM #34
Guitar Hero is no match for the Punk-O-Matic.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-10-24, 5:37 PM #35
Originally posted by Yecti:
Is this on the demo or are you some lucky early game getting :master:?

Umm....yes....early game getting

I have it pre-ordered for Xbox360, but it "came out" for PS2 early and I couldn't resist....

2007-10-26, 2:10 PM #36
I just beat GH2 on Hard for the first time, felt pretty good. 4*'d Freebird my first time, and almost 4*d hangar 18 first try. Now I just need money for GH3.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-10-26, 2:12 PM #37
GH2 is easy on hard, I imagine you won't be ready for GH3 until you find expert relatively easy (ie aiming for high scores rather than just aiming to pass the songs).
Flickr Twitter
2007-10-26, 2:15 PM #38
Yeah, I noticed that Hard wasn't as hard as people make it out to be when I saw a friend play YYZ on Expert.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-10-26, 2:17 PM #39
YYZ is one of the easy songs on expert :p
Flickr Twitter
2007-10-26, 3:05 PM #40
screw you and your guitar hero not-suck-ness. leave me alone.

:suicide:
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!