Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Farscape is back!
Farscape is back!
2004-07-27, 10:39 AM #1
http://www.farscape.com/

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-07-27, 10:45 AM #2
Yay!

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-27, 11:15 AM #3
happy. days.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-27, 11:35 AM #4
Why are ppl so happy? farscape was good to begin with, after a season or 2 it went kinda crappy

------------------
www.oxyonagon.com
nope.
2004-07-27, 11:36 AM #5
I've known of this for awhile, but, still... WOOHOO!!

/me dances

If they can just end this properly, give it the awesome ending it deserves, i will be able to forgive them for cancelling it in the first place.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-27, 12:26 PM #6
Its just a 4-hour miniseries. Problably 2 2-hour episodes. Dont get too excited.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-27, 2:31 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boco:
Why are ppl so happy? farscape was good to begin with, after a season or 2 it went kinda crappy

</font>

You shut your filthy, stinking, dirty, lying, scumming, idiotic, ignorant, stupid mouth. You shut it now.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-27, 2:33 PM #8
I hate Farscapr, always have. It's just another cheesey sci-fi show with people in crappy make-up and stuff..

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-27, 2:39 PM #9
*sighs* Good god, does the man's <insert intelligence slur here> know no end?

Another 'cheesy sci-fi' show? Have you even seen more than one episode? And the make-up was superb.

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited July 27, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-07-27, 3:18 PM #10
SAJN, i'm sorry, but you have just been demoted to me #251st favorite massassian, right below Em Playa.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-27, 3:22 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boco:

</font>

I agree completly. It just got silly...

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
-----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-07-27, 4:08 PM #12
I was saddened by Crais' and Tayln's suicide. I was really beginning to like Crais. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-07-27, 4:38 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I was saddened by Crais' and Tayln's suicide. I was really beginning to like Crais. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

Ditto. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-27, 7:48 PM #14
http://www.scifi.com/farscape/

I heard many rumors about this since last year, and they finally made the official announcement on April 5. Since then, sites have been updating with this new news.

Also go to www.savefarscape and www.watchfarscape.com
Those sites were the main reason farscape came back for the mini. With the help of fans, we may be able to get it back for a 5th season

[edit] stupid .com stuff [/edit]
------------------
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

[This message has been edited by SG-fan (edited July 27, 2004).]
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2004-07-27, 8:06 PM #15
I've only very recently started watching Farscape, and although I like Lexx more, it does seem like a very good show.

Bah, Sci Fi cancels all of its best shows to make room for its crappy movies. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-27, 8:09 PM #16
Damn, I got spoiled by this thread. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

However, Farscape is a good series in my opinion, and I'm just waiting to see this and that and so on.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-28, 3:15 AM #17
Well it's about time, if only for a short mini-series... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

-Jackpot

------------------
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." - gothicX
"jackpot is an evil evil man... so evil, in fact, that he's awesome." - Seb

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
("Ye Wearie Wayfarer" - by Adam Lindsay Gordon)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2004-07-28, 3:19 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
*sighs* Good god, does the man's <insert intelligence slur here> know no end?

Another 'cheesy sci-fi' show? Have you even seen more than one episode? And the make-up was superb.
</font>

Clicky.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-28, 3:24 AM #19
Clicky

Why did I just link to the definition of tomatoes? God knows.

But what matters is,

I MADE YOU CLICK!

HA!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-28, 5:28 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaD CoW:
Clicky.

</font>

I know but most people's opinions are wrong or misplaced for lack of knowledge.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-28, 6:15 AM #21
Or maybe they just don't like it? I watched a few episodes and just couldn't get into it. I don't think it was that great. But it was definitely better than 100% of the crappy "Sci-Fi Original" movies.
2004-07-28, 6:45 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mister_Sinister:
Or maybe they just don't like it? I watched a few episodes and just couldn't get into it. I don't think it was that great. But it was definitely better than 100% of the crappy "Sci-Fi Original" movies.</font>

Not liking it isn't the same as calling it 'another cheesy sci-fi series' which it most definitely wasn't.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-28, 6:53 AM #23
That's what HE thinks of the series. It doesn't mean that's what it is. And just because YOU think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that doesn't mean it is.

[This message has been edited by Mister_Sinister (edited July 28, 2004).]
2004-07-28, 6:54 AM #24
... Right. He also thinks Doom 3 looks like crap. And that Blue Sub #6 sucks. Therefore his opinion is invalid.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-28, 6:57 AM #25
...or maybe realize that, whether or not you disagree with SAJN, this matter is so trivial that continuing such a discussion is fruitless and pointless?

------------------
2004-07-28, 6:58 AM #26
It is. But I have nothing better to do.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-28, 10:38 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mister_Sinister:
That's what HE thinks of the series. It doesn't mean that's what it is. And just because YOU think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that doesn't mean it is.</font>

This man is wise Yoshi, learn from him and apply this newfound knowledge when posting in the future. Please.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited July 28, 2004).]
2004-07-28, 10:47 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Clicky

Why did I just link to the definition of tomatoes? God knows.

But what matters is,

I MADE YOU CLICK!

HA!

</font>

DARN YOU!!!!!!

Now my finger is worn out from that agressive click. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-07-28, 4:33 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaD CoW:
This man is wise Yoshi, learn from him and apply this newfound knowledge when posting in the future. Please.

</font>

Go post your "STFU" picture some more, honky.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-28, 7:30 PM #30
Why would I tell you to STFU? I find it rather amusing to see you tell everyone off when you don't agree with their opinions. I mean, if SAJN finds it cheesy, then he finds it chessy. It not's up to you to decide whether his opinion. is misinformed or not, because it's his opinion, and only an opinion.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited July 28, 2004).]
2004-07-28, 11:03 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
You shut your filthy, stinking, dirty, lying, scumming, idiotic, ignorant, stupid mouth. You shut it now.

</font>

If that's your idea of what's appropriate on these forums, take your own advice.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-07-29, 8:50 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
If that's your idea of what's appropriate on these forums, take your own advice.</font>

Can you say "kidding"?

And Mad, I just hate SAJN, so I pick on him more than I do others. I'm not going to lie. You do it to me because you hate me (as much as you won't admit it) and so do other massassians. It's the way of life, or whatever you call it, here.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-29, 9:05 AM #33
Who said I wouldn't admit it? I hate you. You piss me off.

And as for the GBK STFU pic, here's a new one for you:

[http://www.doigtsagiles.com/images/djyoshistfu.jpg]

Whenever you ***** at someone for not having the same opinion as you, I'll remind you of it.

------------------
2004-07-29, 11:15 AM #34
You really have no life, do you?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-29, 12:01 PM #35
Is it me, or have the manners on these forums gone down a very slippery slope in recent months?

PS. I'm not just being nostalgic, I can't recall a specific time when so many forum regulars have taken it upon themselves to be so insulting.

PPS. When BBC2 aired Farscape I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes and came to the conclusion that it was another cheesy sci-fi. I caught the occasional episode after that, some were ok, some were downright dull.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-07-29, 12:31 PM #36
I don't think anyone here is saying that every episode is golden. But the majority of the episodes past the first season were greatly entertaining.

------------------
2004-07-29, 1:38 PM #37
I recently started watching farscape 4 weeks ago The special effecs with the aliens can use some work. Over all SAJN How can you not like farscape I swear with Cryton's witty attitude mixed in with action it's pretty funny. I rerember this line "Oh great! Now we are going to have another set of bad guys to chase us around the universe?" from the episode were Moiya got stuck in that worm hole. Good stuff.

------------------
All your my forums, belong to me.
Duel Roadkill
Who wants to play BOOM 3?
BOOM 3
SHOLVAS KREE!
2004-07-29, 1:43 PM #38
Actually, I think it's been like this one way or another for as long as I've been here Det.

Yay, farscape.
2004-07-29, 3:49 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
PPS. When BBC2 aired Farscape I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes and came to the conclusion that it was another cheesy sci-fi. I caught the occasional episode after that, some were ok, some were downright dull.</font>

I have discovered, and this has been confirmed by many people who i know watch it, Yoshi included, that the big problem with farscape was that the plot was very complex. way too complex, in fact, when looked at from a point of view. the thing is, the plot was so bloddy complex by the third season that they couldn't get any more viewers. I stopped watching for a few months into the thrid season. I came back about 3/4 through it, and it took me about four or five episodes to get the plot straight, and i didn't know the whole story of what happened until i saw the reruns. and that s a guy who watched it religiously for the first two seasons. newcomers had almsot no hope of getting into it unless yhey watched for about half a season without knowing what was going on, and that's not what many people would want to do. was it worth it? in my opinion, frelling yes, but people didn't see it like that. If they didn't see it as good the first few episodes, what would make them want to stay?

because of this, farscape couldn't get any new viewers, and so it was doomed to cult slassic status (TV guide recently rated it about the #5 top cult classic, i believe), and, unfortunatly, the production values were so incredibly high that it couldn't work with only a cult following, and so they had to canel it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

My point in all this is, please, if you've only tried it for a few episodes, don't trash it as bad. It may be you're just not getting half of the episodes. If they were to show it again from the beginning, i think almost all of you would love the series, as you could follow the plot from the beginning. However, until they run it on friday prime again, i have a feeling that's not going to work. so, [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-29, 6:37 PM #40
See? I'm just basically a more blunt Noble. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!