Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → More stuff for my marketing class
More stuff for my marketing class
2007-11-03, 4:44 PM #1
Hello again,

My marketing class continues. I really appreciated when many of you helped me out by filling out a questionnaire document I had posted here. We have refined our survey for another pass and this one is easier to fill out.

If you prepare meals for yourself at home, you'd be really helping me out if you took a moment to take my team's survey:

Here

:D Thanks!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-11-03, 4:58 PM #2
one problem I've ran into already...the survey suggest that one eats only three meals a day.

I eat five smaller meals...so then how should I fill out that portion?

[Edit:] Unsure about the relevance of the question compared to the point of the survey, but okay.
2007-11-03, 6:13 PM #3
I filled it out. There were some questions that I had to answer incorrectly because there wasn't an option that applied to me. For example, it asked how much I would pay for the product, and there was no option for 0, because I would not use the product.

It's a clever idea, but we never weigh any of the food we eat. The closest I come to caring is when a recipe calls for 2.5 lbs of chicken, I write it down, and when I'm at the store shopping for the chicken, I look at the weight printed on the package and get something close.

I've never seen a recipe with exact weights required, they all say something like, a chicken quarter, a flank steak, etc., with no weight specified.

I would guess this would be useful for people working at quiznos (they always weigh their meat).
2007-11-03, 8:08 PM #4
Yeah smart idea, but my biggest problem with the product is that you'd still need a scales available to measure products like sugar or flour that wont really work on a flat surface.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-11-03, 9:31 PM #5
You use scales to measure sugar???? What about a measuring cup?
2007-11-03, 9:35 PM #6
Originally posted by Spork:
Yeah smart idea, but my biggest problem with the product is that you'd still need a scales available to measure products like sugar or flour that wont really work on a flat surface.

Either use a bowl and tare the scale or have a bowl-like surface for the scale.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-03, 9:46 PM #7
Originally posted by Brian:
You use scales to measure sugar???? What about a measuring cup?

Measuring cups don't always give you the right amounts. For flour, especially, you end up with wildly different amounts depending on how much the flour is packed. The numbers diverge wildly the larger the product is granulated or cut.

That notwithstanding, this device is useless. Basically it's half a cutting board that can't be used for anything, and the most valuable thing in a kitchen is counter space. I use multiple smaller cutting boards when I cook. If I were to be interested in this product it would need to be half as wide and entirely cutting board, and then I would need to have a stroke so I'd no longer be able to visually or tactily estimate the volume or weight of whatever it is that I'm cutting.
2007-11-03, 9:57 PM #8
I use a recipe once or twice, when first learning a meal.. From then on out its just eyeballing and messing around. And so I end up with quesadillas with cheese, black beans, salsa, and dark chocolate. >_>

o.0
2007-11-03, 10:35 PM #9
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Basically it's half a cutting board that can't be used for anything, and the most valuable thing in a kitchen is counter space.

I was under the impression that the scale part could be used as a cutting board as well?
2007-11-04, 11:30 AM #10
Originally posted by Emon:
I was under the impression that the scale part could be used as a cutting board as well?

That impression is correct.

Originally posted by Brian:
I would guess this would be useful for people working at quiznos (they always weigh their meat).

The device would have some practical applications for restaurants/delis, but they usually use their whole counter as a cutting surface, plus we are only allowed to target our product to individuals, not businesses.

Thanks for the feedback so far, though.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-11-04, 11:47 AM #11
Surveyed.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-11-04, 2:56 PM #12
I just question how the scale will stay calibrated with constant use. Pressure release pressure release pressure release repeated because of cutting on the one side... How will it differentiate between which side you're using 100% of the time? I would assume that the left side is completely solid, but the surface would still flex on the scale's side.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-11-04, 3:17 PM #13
Not with a piezeoelectric scale. :eng101:
2007-11-04, 3:43 PM #14
Originally posted by Emon:
Not with a piezeoelectric scale. :eng101:

Pies are delicious and electricity is great, but we're talking about scales.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!