Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A file from Massassi's other website, "Serious Editing"..
A file from Massassi's other website, "Serious Editing"..
2007-11-05, 9:18 AM #1
Hey guys, I used to frequent this board a looong long time ago. I'm posting here again because I'm looking for a file from Massassi's partner website, Serious Editing (for Serious Sam). This is the file: http://www.massassi.net/serious/files/pages/58.shtml

I know that website isn't supported anymore, and all the file links are broken (from what I could tell), but I really really need this file. I downloaded it many years ago but I can't find it anymore, so I'm wondering if anyone has it, maybe the owner of the website?

I believe the name of the file was d2map01b1.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated :(
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2007-11-05, 9:44 AM #2
Serious Editing: Because the Internet is Serious Business. :)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-11-05, 9:55 AM #3
Holy ****....

I had forgotten about this... And Mada repliedé ^_^
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-11-05, 10:02 AM #4
http://massassi.net/files/serious/d2map01b1.zip
2007-11-05, 10:58 AM #5
Huh... it was working on my server, looks like a permissions/path issue again. :(
2007-11-05, 1:50 PM #6
Originally posted by Viper45:
Hey guys, I used to frequent this board a looong long time ago. I'm posting here again because I'm looking for a file from Massassi's partner website, Serious Editing (for Serious Sam). This is the file: http://www.massassi.net/serious/files/pages/58.shtml

I know that website isn't supported anymore, and all the file links are broken (from what I could tell), but I really really need this file. I downloaded it many years ago but I can't find it anymore, so I'm wondering if anyone has it, maybe the owner of the website?

I believe the name of the file was d2map01b1.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Hey hey hey, this is Shuriken from Seriously! How you been?

I guess I could just visit the other forums and say hi too...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-05, 3:28 PM #7
I never knew the site existed.
FIX IT!
2007-11-05, 4:25 PM #8
Originally posted by Spook:

So that's how you know I've posted topics there in the past! :master:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-11-05, 4:43 PM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:

ahhh, thank you so much! I'm so glad the file's still intact somewhere. Oh yeah, and congratulations on becoming the new owner here. This is a wonderful place.

Originally posted by Spook:

Dude, I had no idea! I still lurk here sometimes and I recognized your name as a regular here, but I didn't know you were Shuriken. You better come back! I'd blackmail you but... I don't know any secret information. :argh:

BTW, just a related tidbit: this is the forum where I learned about Serious Sam. I believe it was Brian who posted a thread linking to Croteam's website, way back when I think the first public test was released. I was hooked ever since :)
2007-11-05, 5:42 PM #10
I love Serious Sam 1 and Serious Sam TSE. I recently replayed Serious Sam 1 and am in the middle of replaying Serious Sam TSE. I played the demo of Serious Sam 2 but I wasn't impressed, did you guys like it?
2007-11-05, 5:43 PM #11
Originally posted by Viper45:
ahhh, thank you so much! I'm so glad the file's still intact somewhere. Oh yeah, and congratulations on becoming the new owner here. This is a wonderful place.

Dude, I had no idea! I still lurk here sometimes and I recognized your name as a regular here, but I didn't know you were Shuriken. You better come back! I'd blackmail you but... I don't know any secret information. :argh:

BTW, just a related tidbit: this is the forum where I learned about Serious Sam. I believe it was Brian who posted a thread linking to Croteam's website, way back when I think the first public test was released. I was hooked ever since :)

Yeah I found out about SS here too.

Crazy world. Maybe I will stop by. Not like it is a lot of effort or anything.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-05, 7:06 PM #12
Brian, SS2 was a complete disaster. The game took on a super corny kids game tone. Instead of being ultra badass, it was ultra cartoony. I know SS1 was corny, but in my opinion, they changed the tone of the game to the point of ruining it in SS2. I never even bought it.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2007-11-05, 8:19 PM #13
I don't think SS2 was a disaster, it was just different. The biggest difference between it and the past SS games is the art style. They did take on a more cartoony style and are more straight forward with their humor, but the game is still a fun shooter just like FE and SE. It's pretty far from being a kids game.

I do hope that for the next Serious Sam, they go back to their FE/SE style. The subtle humor and overall serious (but at the same time not) tone was really great and unique. And plus, I want them to go back to Egypt :D or at least to some other ancient civilization.
2007-11-05, 8:31 PM #14
I enjoyed SS2 every bit as much as the original. It's a really good game in my opinion. The humor is on par with the original and the drivable vehicles are very fun! (Velociraptors and giant balls of death, anyone? :awesome:) The new weapons are very fun too. The level design is a little more enclosed than the original and there's slightly less enemies, but not by much.

Oh, and for those basing their opinion of SS2 from the demo, the demo is from the absolute worst part of the game. I didn't like the demo much either but I am very glad I bought the game anyway.

My absolute favorite area from any of the three games is the arena at the end of SS:SE though. That was freakishly amazing.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!