Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Articles of Impeachment being read now in the House
Articles of Impeachment being read now in the House
2007-11-06, 1:22 PM #1
It's on CSPAN

Could a mod add a public poll?
"Should Dick be impeached?"
A. Impeach and convict
B. Impeach, but not convict
C. No

EDIT: For those who are confused, a lot of effort by Congressman Kucinich is being put forth to try to get Dick Cheney impeached of the Vice Presidency. His next step, if he succeeds (which he most likely won't), is to start the process for impeaching President Bush

UPDATE: It's dead.
2007-11-06, 1:36 PM #2
But Dick resigned decades ago!
nope.
2007-11-06, 2:01 PM #3
Wait what?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-06, 2:04 PM #4
Originally posted by Spook:
Wait what?

What he said...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-11-06, 2:04 PM #5
Impeach, convict, jail. Whatever he's been up to, it's bad enough that he was willing to look like a complete idiot claiming that his office is part of the legislative branch rather than have it come out.

Edit: Unfortunately, the Democratic leadership is trying to kill this resolution and the Republicans are keeping it alive just to screw with Pelosi.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-11-06, 2:55 PM #6
Originally posted by Spook:
Wait what?

I concur. What's going on? I really should pay more attention to Politics, but I find it so drab I only start paying real attention and devoting brain power to it come election time.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-06, 3:20 PM #7
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:

Edit: Unfortunately, the Democratic leadership is trying to kill this resolution and the Republicans are keeping it alive just to screw with Pelosi.

:psyduck:

They should just censure him, but most of the government needs to be censured, so I duno.
2007-11-06, 4:07 PM #8
Wait, wouldn't the democrats be the ones in favor of this?

What exactly are these "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" of which the article speaks?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-11-06, 4:13 PM #9
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Impeach, convict, jail. Whatever he's been up to, it's bad enough that he was willing to look like a complete idiot claiming that his office is part of the legislative branch rather than have it come out.

I actually don't have any idea what this is about other than just assume left wing democrats are pandering to left wing voters that expected some form of impeachment. Since this seems to be refering to Cheney couldn't he make legitimate claims to being in the legislative branch, depending on the situation, since he is the President of the Senate?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-06, 7:55 PM #10
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I actually don't have any idea what this is about other than just assume left wing democrats are pandering to left wing voters that expected some form of impeachment.
Although it was introduced by a Democrat (Kucinich), other Democrats tried to table it. Pelosi has even gone so far as to say that "impeachment is off the table." Republicans are actually the ones voting for it, in order to embarrass the Democrats, I suppose. link

To me, it seems like a tricky position that could backfire on either party, depending on how it plays out.

Quote:
Since this seems to be refering to Cheney couldn't he make legitimate claims to being in the legislative branch, depending on the situation, since he is the President of the Senate?

The situation in which he asserts this is when the oversight office of the National Archives tries to oversee his office's handling of classified materials. Other White House offices comply, but he claims that he doesn't have to. Of course, his office has had some problems with leaking secret information, so that's probably why he doesn't want to be investigated. link
2007-11-06, 9:16 PM #11
Wuss has it.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-11-06, 9:51 PM #12
Originally posted by Wuss:
so that's probably why he doesn't want to be investigated.

And, incidentally, getting kicked out of office for refusing an investigation is probably something Cheney would prefer over allowing the investigation and being executed for high treason.
2007-11-07, 7:30 AM #13
Originally posted by Wuss:
Although it was introduced by a Democrat (Kucinich), other Democrats tried to table it. Pelosi has even gone so far as to say that "impeachment is off the table." Republicans are actually the ones voting for it, in order to embarrass the Democrats, I suppose. link

Ahh, Congress. Only slightly more mature than the internet.
2007-11-07, 10:32 AM #14
I would not have given them that much credit Obi.
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!