Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Physics cards/chips for computers...
Physics cards/chips for computers...
2007-11-09, 3:14 PM #1
I've been considering whether or not to include this in my next pc/laptop but I haven't really seen any breath taking examples of why they are needed.... can anyone show me an example of such? or give some insight i may not be aware of.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-11-09, 3:28 PM #2
No one can show you an example for why you need a physics card because you don't need one. They're nigh totally useless, and a stupid stupid waste of money.
2007-11-09, 3:31 PM #3
Thats what I assumed, but i have been proven wrong before so. Anyone else?
2007-11-09, 3:36 PM #4
They're worthless pretty much. Im fairly certain only a efw games use them anyway.

Also, why the hell are you pushing so much crap into a laptop? it really sounds like youre at the point where its not even going to be usable as a laptop.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-09, 3:46 PM #5
Useless.
2007-11-09, 4:09 PM #6
Absolutely useless. Get a GeForce 8 series card instead - newer versions of Havok will support GPU-based physics via CUDA.
2007-11-09, 4:10 PM #7
I'm cramming a lot into a laptop because the plan is to eliminate my desktop as my primary machine. I don't spend enough time at home to do anything on it really. I dunno though, I think I'm going to end up just building another box, and getting a cheap laptop for travels.
2007-11-09, 7:29 PM #8
second option is much better imo

↑ Up to the top!