Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → timeshift
timeshift
2007-11-10, 12:45 AM #1
anyone else been playing this? its a decent game, i found it to be enjoyable although it relies a bit too heavily on your "timeshifting" abilities (kinda like FEAR was). some of the puzzles were pretty nifty with the reversing time theme. the weapons were all pretty cool and each had its own place (my favorite being the crossbow). the storyline was a little weak, you're just some anonymous guy in a suit. they try to play little flashbacks to pick up the story but it doesn't do much good.

i give it a 6/10. nothing new, but still fun to give it a shot.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-11-10, 7:14 AM #2
I'm gonna wait til it's in the bargain bin. It looks kind of decent, but I'll only play through the SP once and set it down forever
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-10, 7:35 AM #3
An ad for this was forced down my throat when I was watching a Portal speedrun (18 minutes!).

I didn't see anything that hadn't been done before by other games.

2007-11-10, 8:31 AM #4
Also, I'd like to point out how much cooler the original concept for this game was. You were going to go through different points in time, the future, the present, the past, then back to the new future you created. There were going to be all these ridiculous weapons and effects.

Then they scrapped it and now you're stuck in 1 time period with pretty average FPS guns.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-10, 9:10 AM #5
It was also going to be steampunk in theme.
2007-11-10, 9:28 AM #6
Yeah, it sounds like the old concept was way more interesting (I also love steampunk).

Bargain bin sounds like the way to go, definitely not paying full up. Same with The Darkness.
2007-11-10, 11:20 AM #7
I watched the trailer and was awe struck. I downloaded the demo and was incredibly disappointed. Played it once and deleted it. Didn't live up even REMOTELY to what I was expecting.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-10, 12:48 PM #8
I played the demo, it was mildly entertaining.
Like fishstickz said, if I got it I'd probably only play it once or twice.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-11-10, 5:41 PM #9
Would have been better if they gave you a useful time on your abilities rather than the annoyingly short time you have. I could stop time but before I could find the key to do what I wanted, I was getting killed. I could kill a whole roomful of people in FEAR and STILL have time for more.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!