Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Electronics Question
Electronics Question
2007-11-15, 10:49 AM #1
I've run into a little problem with my senior design project, and have a couple of electronics questions I need to run by you guys. I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical, so while my understanding of the basics of EE is fine, my knowledge of the finer points of analog electronics is a little lacking.

Basically, I have a vacuum switch that outputs a square wave, when I thought it was going to be a step output. I was hoping that, rather than completely rethinking my vacuum sensing solution, I could take the absolute value of the square wave, and essentially get a slightly noisy step.
Do you guys know of any circuit that could perform this function (op-amp or otherwise)?

I understand this sounds stupid, and that I should just go back to square one, but I'll just throw this out there.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2007-11-15, 11:01 AM #2
Will a simple rectifier work? I don't know if I entirely get what you need but if all you need is the absolute value of a wave then a rectifier should give it to you.
Stuff
2007-11-15, 11:07 AM #3
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

↑ Up to the top!