Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Workout Music
Workout Music
2007-11-15, 5:06 PM #1
What do you like listening to while you workout?

The Eye of the Tiger is a fun choice.
Back again
2007-11-15, 5:15 PM #2
80s east-coast hip-hop.

:colbert:
nope.
2007-11-15, 5:33 PM #3
when i go climbing they play things like Sublime, Deftones, drum n bass, hip hop.

Just as long as theres music really.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-15, 5:48 PM #4
I hit "Shuffle Songs" on my ipod.
Pissed Off?
2007-11-15, 7:11 PM #5
As always, any metal music gets my energy going, and sometimes so do bouncy things like The Chemical Brothers.
2007-11-15, 7:28 PM #6
"Music is My Hot Hot Sex," is my powersong on my Nike+iPod thing. Other than that, mostly the Fratellis and Rocky soundtracks.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-11-15, 7:46 PM #7
Originally posted by Baconfish:
80s east-coast hip-hop.

:colbert:

You totally stole my answer. "Buster".

Originally posted by mb:
when i go climbing they play things like Sublime, Deftones, drum n bass, hip hop.

Just as long as theres music really.

Sounds like an awesome mix from my view (love all 4 of those :awesome:)

But seriously, Devildriver - Swing the Dead.

Check it out, it'll get your heart goin. Also try Bomfunk MC's Freestyler. Dirty South Wake-Up Show for the ****ing win.
D E A T H
2007-11-15, 10:54 PM #8
Destiny's Child. >.>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-11-15, 11:25 PM #9
Best of College A cappella

>.>

Kidding I don't actually work out. (though if I did, that would definitely be on my workout playlist) Climbing up and down the big hill that is my campus is enough of a work out for me. I even run, because I'm always late for class.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-11-16, 7:09 AM #10
Every time I go to the gym, I bring a boombox to blast Rick Astley while I flail around on the exercise bike in neon-colored spandex and a woolen headband.
:master::master::master:
2007-11-16, 7:44 AM #11
Some selections from Megadeth, Sevendust, Metallica, Disturbed. I also find that WWE entrance themes make some pretty good work-out music.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2007-11-16, 7:56 AM #12
Whatever it is I listen to, it HAS to move and fast.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-11-16, 7:57 AM #13
I don't listen to music when I work out, but because I don't work out in gyms I tend to try to be more aware of my surroundings. I usually play music in my head though, and it's usually Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-11-16, 9:12 AM #14
MEAT LOAF.

Changes of pace are awesome!

(oh hang on that's the other exercise... <.< >.> )
2007-11-16, 11:34 AM #15
Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
Some selections from Megadeth, Sevendust, Metallica, Disturbed. I also find that WWE entrance themes make some pretty good work-out music.

Agreed, especially Kane's theme.
2007-11-16, 12:29 PM #16
System of a Down was the last thing I listened to during a workout. It's usually heavy stuff for me, though.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-11-16, 2:28 PM #17
It's funny how everyone here is claiming to workout, yet the camhoes thread suggests otherwise... O_o

Best song ever for pre-workout hypeup is Die Mother****er Die by Dope.

During regular lifting: System of a Down, Korn, Papa Roach, Rob Zomie.

During Cardio: Whatever, even country sometimes.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-11-16, 2:35 PM #18
I work out, but im not super steroid jacked. I dont lift weights to make my muscles bigger.
I rock climb because its fun and technical.
I dont go to the gym because I get bored lifting weights, it really doesnt feel fulfilling. climbing upside down up a wall using small holds may be frustrating, but when you get the climb its awesome.

Theres a difference between working out for exercise and working out to fit hte meathead stereotype.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-16, 2:41 PM #19
I was talking about the fatties who claim to work out.
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-11-16, 5:20 PM #20
Hip Hop.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-16, 7:20 PM #21
highway star by deep purple usually gets my endorphins rushing. its a good choice.
Take that there and put it in here
2007-11-16, 7:25 PM #22
Unreal Tournament music. And various tracks by Amon Tobin. Mostly fast moving things with some soul to them.
My blawgh.
2007-11-16, 7:32 PM #23
It's the only time I really like mainstream music. I can listen to almost anything when I'm working out, which I just started doing more regularly. It seems good music is lost on me because I'm so preoccupied, but bad music actually draws my attention away from being weak and ready to pass out.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-16, 8:17 PM #24
Methinks this belongs in the music discussion forum.

I usually listen to music before working out to pump me up, but I dont listen to music while actually working out.

2007-11-16, 9:05 PM #25
Originally posted by 82nd_Fister:
I was talking about the fatties who claim to work out.

Note: mine says "last time I worked out." Given only that, you have a highly unknown range. So, I'll leave estimations up to you. :P
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-11-16, 9:08 PM #26
I listen to the sounds of your mother when I work out.
2007-11-17, 9:47 AM #27
When we stretch for Gymnastics, we're near all the weight machines, and they're playing all the loud angry music to "pump people up."

I just want to take over the sound system, pop in some Beach Boys, and watch the confusion. Yet I'd rather lift to the "She's so fine my foooour oh nine!" to "WWRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHhhhhh."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-11-17, 12:03 PM #28
The Rocky soundtrack. I know it's cliché, but damn it's inspiring. However, my one ear bud keeps falling out, so I rarely listen to anything anymore.

I have a friend who listens to classical tunes.
2007-11-17, 3:00 PM #29
Gonna fly now!
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |

↑ Up to the top!