Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Fortress of Solitude
My Fortress of Solitude
2007-11-21, 5:22 PM #1
Damn, second freakin' time I have to retype the freakin' post. This time I threw my kid in the chair by the computer for a picture and a random swipe at the keyboard triggered an instant restart. I have no idea how.

Anyway, I just took some pics of "my" room. I intentionally left it disheveled. Despite the fact that I moved in about six months ago numerous things have kept me from getting properly settled in. I recently got it to at least this level.

I tried to take pictures that include some of the random objects and books that I currently have displayed to inspire some discussion. Please, discuss and feel free to post your "Fortress of Solitude"!

ps - If the pictures don't display well I will eventually get around to editing the post to better facilitate viewing them. Just not tonite.

pps - Yeah, preview shows they are horrendously wide. I will fix later. Probably tomorrow. Unless a bored admin chooses to do so for me (hint, hint). edit - damn, now they show fine that I posted it. Just go to the url if you want full size to better examine anything. I need another drink.

[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0934.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0935.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0936.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0937.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0939.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0940.jpg]
Full Size
[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/100_0942.jpg]
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-21, 5:26 PM #2
Those pictures are ginormous.
Pissed Off?
2007-11-21, 5:31 PM #3
Originally posted by Avenger:
Those pictures are ginormous.

Are they displaying superwide on your screen? They are large and showed wide when I preview but now that I posted they display well within the window on my screen. My resolution is not crazy big either.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-21, 5:43 PM #4
Dude they're over 1000 pixels wide.

Also, Fox News? D:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-21, 5:43 PM #5
Huge pix

The only thing I see...questionable is your taste in television shows. Fox News? And that Ann Coulter book. Other than that, looks cool. I have the same Darth Vader action figure.
2007-11-21, 5:44 PM #6
Holy *** on a stick.
BIIIG
2007-11-21, 5:52 PM #7
Originally posted by Anovis:
And that Ann Coulter book.

Two of them! :gonk:
2007-11-21, 5:56 PM #8
Originally posted by Emon:
Dude they're over 1000 pixels wide.

Also, Fox News? D:

I know they are huge pics. I wanted the detail. I will eventually display smaller pics with links to the large ones. I just don't understand why they display quite normal in my browser and not in others. Somebody smart here should be able to explain that.

Also, Fox News was intentionally displayed. Of course it is the news network I prefer but those who think they know me here will probably realize that I intentionally did that.

Originally posted by Anovis:
Huge pix

The only thing I see...questionable is your taste in television shows. Fox News? And that Ann Coulter book. Other than that, looks cool. I have the same Darth Vader action figure.

I actually haven't read one of her books yet but I like her so I purchased some. I'll read them one of these days. The same with many of the other books.

2007-11-21, 5:58 PM #9
Oh, and I readilly acknowledge that she is in no way an influential conservative. She is more of a female, conservative Maher. More of a comedic, preaching to the choir than anything else.

2007-11-21, 5:59 PM #10
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Of course it is the news network I prefer

Not to derail but...how can you honestly think that? Fox News is horribly biased and everything a news source should not be. It is an astounding example of terrible journalism.
2007-11-21, 6:00 PM #11
I actually haven't read one of her books yet but I like her

I don't know how I missed this the first time I read it.

You are a terrible human being.
2007-11-21, 6:01 PM #12
Maybe you have auto image resizing checked.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-11-21, 6:09 PM #13
I dig the dark trooper action figure. :neckbeard:
My blawgh.
2007-11-21, 6:14 PM #14
Not to derail but...how can you honestly think that? Fox News is horribly biased and everything a news source should not be. It is an astounding example of terrible journalism.

Unfortunately in the US all of our major news networks are biased. Fox just happens to be the one that is right biased but when something is presented with bias on Fox it isn't camouflaged.

That's fine if you think so. I just like here in the same way some people like Maher or Frankin or Gerafalo or etc.... You know they're asses but you find them humorous.

2007-11-21, 6:22 PM #15
Is that.. A dark trooper...?
2007-11-21, 6:29 PM #16
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Is that.. A dark trooper...?

Yeah, posted a picture of it a couple months back. I found it loose it great condition for $5. This isn't mine but identical:

[http://members.cox.net/wookie06/images/misc/darktrooper_bg.jpg]

2007-11-21, 6:32 PM #17
Oh, and I readilly acknowledge that she is in no way an influential conservative. She is more of a female, conservative Maher. More of a comedic, preaching to the choir than anything else.

what what?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-21, 6:34 PM #18
Originally posted by JediKirby:
what what?

If you will be more specific, I will be.

2007-11-21, 10:06 PM #19
Dude, your son is dangerously close to having a mullet.
2007-11-21, 10:42 PM #20
Are you saying that the words of your Neo Nazi are only the words of some jester entertaining the King? "Oh, it's only the local racist clown, laughing at the blacks and having us whites a good time, doing the socially unacceptable so we don't have to!"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-21, 10:58 PM #21
Seriously, it is not that hard to make a thumbnail that links to the full size picture.

And no im not making thumbnails for you.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-21, 11:08 PM #22
[url]www.imageshack.us[/url] does it automatically.
picasa.google.com also does it automatically and quite well.

o.0
2007-11-21, 11:23 PM #23
Firefox resizes automatically...I didn't notice the size until I clicked on one. They're huge, and I'm running 1680x1050. :P
woot!
2007-11-21, 11:28 PM #24
Yeah, posted a picture of it a couple months back. I found it loose it great condition for $5.

sorry to tell you, but they've re-issued them
like less then $10 in package in a regular* store

also, if you ever want to be rid of all those hardcover star wars (namely the thrawn stuff)

>.>
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-11-22, 1:45 AM #25
Isnt Romulan Ale illegal?
2007-11-22, 2:55 AM #26

I like her too

She sonned John Edwards
2007-11-22, 7:59 AM #27
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Are you saying that the words of your Neo Nazi are only the words of some jester entertaining the King? "Oh, it's only the local racist clown, laughing at the blacks and having us whites a good time, doing the socially unacceptable so we don't have to!"

I'm not sure where you draw the connection to racism but whatever. Yes, she is in no way an influential conservative. Her schtick is to say the most inflamatory things to rile up liberals thereby entertaining conservatives. Not much different from Bill Maher or the Air America crowd in that respect. Just wildly more popular and successful. I also find it humorous that she is good friends with Maher.

Originally posted by mb:
Seriously, it is not that hard to make a thumbnail that links to the full size picture.

And no im not making thumbnails for you.

I know. I routinely do so when I post pictures. I was just to lazy to do so last night. It seemed for some odd reason I ended up retyping every thread I started last night so I was too frustrated to do so.

Originally posted by JLee:
Firefox resizes automatically...I didn't notice the size until I clicked on one. They're huge, and I'm running 1680x1050. :P

I left them at their original resolution so people can pick out those "Ann Coulter/Dark Trooper" details.

Originally posted by genk:
sorry to tell you, but they've re-issued them
like less then $10 in package in a regular* store

also, if you ever want to be rid of all those hardcover star wars (namely the thrawn stuff)

>.>

It was a sort of accidental find. $5 for a loose figure seems like a bargain compared to a sealed original for double that.

I haven't read most of the books on the shelf. I have read most of the older star wars stuff. I have another shelf packed with many of the straight to paperbacks. I used to buy them all until they started releasing a nearly endless amount. Same with the toys. I have a rubbermaid tub in storage filled with sealed Star Wars figures. When the supply got so large that it was financially impractical to continue buying everything I stopped. I figure about three or four years from now I'll have a large supply of toys I can start metering out to my son.

Originally posted by The_Reafis:
Isnt Romulan Ale illegal?

Not in Vegas! Picked up a six pack at the Hilton (Star Trek Experience) years ago. Drank all but one. I used to have an empty bottle so you could see the glass is actually clear and the beer blue. Seems like a really lite, Corona-type, beer with tons of food coloring.

Originally posted by Rob:
Dude, your son is dangerously close to having a mullet.

He hasn't had his first haircut yet. My wife did try to cut his bangs so they wouldn't be in his eyes but that didn't turn out to well due to his squirming. I like his long hair!

2007-11-22, 10:49 AM #28
Two of them! :gonk:

No, wait, three of them!!! D:

↑ Up to the top!