Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving
2007-11-21, 9:28 PM #1
So it's time to prepare the turkey.

I'm just going to have a Thanksgiving lunch with my family and that's pretty much it. Then I'll probably go back and do homework/extra studying later.

Then it's Black Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving Massassi.

What are you doing?
Back again
2007-11-21, 9:31 PM #2
I'm spending my first Thanskgiving without any of my family, staying with a friend from college.
2007-11-21, 10:03 PM #3
Thanksgiving was last month, you crazy people.
2007-11-21, 10:04 PM #4
Originally posted by Axis:
I'm spending my first Thanskgiving without any of my family, staying with a friend from college.

Same here, but I'll be spending it with a coworker & his family.
woot!
2007-11-21, 10:09 PM #5
Thursday I am having Thanksgiving with my mother's side of the family.

Friday I am cutting down a Christmas tree and having Thanksgiving with my father's side of the family.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-11-21, 10:47 PM #6
I wish I were an american right about now. I missed a thanksgiving with my family due to stupid work:saddowns:
2007-11-22, 3:17 AM #7
Well, I get to meet our General Staff today.

And I just had an amazing meal of Turkey, Ham, Steak, Crab Legs, Fried Shrimp, Greens, Mashed Potatoes and Dressing prepared by our wonderful White Falcon cooks. :awesome:

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-11-22, 4:14 AM #8
Regular Thursday!

:P
nope.
2007-11-22, 4:44 AM #9
Dinner at 2, work 4-10 :awesome:
2007-11-22, 5:00 AM #10
last month.
2007-11-22, 5:11 AM #11
American Thanksgiving sounds like such a disgusting holiday to me. Get together with the stupid relatives you'll be stuck seeing next month for christmas anyways. Eat loads of fat crap until you're too bloated and can't move so you sit and watch the football game.

I like Canadian Thanksgiving. No one gives a **** and just have a day off. Woot.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-11-22, 5:16 AM #12
Go to wife's grandparents for lunch, bring kids home so the youngest can take a nap, then go to my mom's for pie.

Tomorrow, my wife goes to work and I stay home with the kiddos.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-11-22, 5:38 AM #13
work, 9-1:30. dinner with my immediate fam + girlfriend's fam around 4. w00t for mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-11-22, 7:17 AM #14
Mom's working, she'll get home about 3. Dinner around 4. Until then I'm cleaning the house up because tomorrow I'm having some friends out to play Halo 3 for extended periods of time for my birthday.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-11-22, 7:21 AM #15
HAPPY TURKEY SLAUGHTER DAY!!
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2007-11-22, 1:17 PM #16
A few of my siblings are coming over with their kids. And that's about it really. Yay for chocolate pie!
My blawgh.
2007-11-22, 1:21 PM #17
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :) Hope you're all having a lazy, relaxing, football filled, overstuffed day.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-11-22, 1:23 PM #18
Worst holiday of the year. I can't stand the food. Or the mass quantities of people in my house. The only redeeming factor is pie.

o.0
2007-11-22, 1:26 PM #19
I'm not even american and I know you suck. :P
nope.
2007-11-22, 1:33 PM #20
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Worst holiday of the year. I can't stand the food. Or the mass quantities of people in my house. The only redeeming factor is pie.

Yep, but I think Christmas is even worse.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-11-22, 2:54 PM #21
You would, Freelancer. You would.

In other news, the affect turkey has is undeniable. Anyone going out tomorrow morning for deals? There really isn't anything besides DVDs and a hard drive that I want. I'm just going to give my mom some cash to get the stuff I want.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-22, 2:57 PM #22
I'm going out tomorrow--picking up a 22" Widescreen LCD for 150 bucks, a new harddrive, and a dvd burner for my computer. Should be fun.
D E A T H
2007-11-22, 3:31 PM #23
To you crazy people going out on Black Friday, I wish you luck.

Also thanksgiving kicks ***, food is awesome.
2007-11-22, 3:33 PM #24
I <3 christmas. A decent block of time away from school, and free stuff.
On black friday I'm going to a local park with a bunch of friends to hang out.

o.0
2007-11-22, 3:48 PM #25
Originally posted by Jep:
American Thanksgiving sounds like such a disgusting holiday to me. Get together with the stupid relatives you'll be stuck seeing next month for christmas anyways. Eat loads of fat crap until you're too bloated and can't move so you sit and watch the football game.

I like Canadian Thanksgiving. No one gives a **** and just have a day off. Woot.

But nothing says American like celebrating getting fat! And I like my family... :v:
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-11-22, 4:23 PM #26
Who doesn't ****ing love good food? If you don't love good food, I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of thanksgiving, but if you like food at all...what the hell's wrong with you? A day off to eat a ****load of good food with your family. Wam, bam, have a ham--holiday.
D E A T H
2007-11-22, 4:37 PM #27
I haven't had thanksgiving in forever. :/
2007-11-22, 5:09 PM #28
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Who doesn't ****ing love good food?

Hippies with crappy beards apparently.
nope.
2007-11-22, 5:24 PM #29
:master:
2007-11-22, 6:47 PM #30
Me and the Mrs were going to head up to her parents, but somehow between her *****y sister in VA and past experiances, we figured it would wind up there instead. So we decided to do our first thanksgiving on our own and invite my dad.

So her parents went up to VA (I R TEH CYKICK! :tinfoil: ) and we prepped all the food for our thanksgiving in tranquility. She's so awesome, just totally handling that poor poor but succulent raw turkey like she's done it a million times before.

4 hours and much cooking later, my dad came over, we ate, and it was good.

Now that my dads gone and it's just me and her, we're going to snuggle up by the warm glow of our towers and grind some more in WoW. :neckbeard:
-Hell Raiser
2007-11-22, 7:18 PM #31
Wam, bam, have a ham--holiday.

I think this will go down as the only post by Yoshi that made me lol.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-11-22, 7:20 PM #32
... Sad story.

(The part where I'm sitting alone drinking.)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-22, 7:55 PM #33
We're all alone.
About a third of us are drinking
About a third of that third is drinking booze
2007-11-22, 8:28 PM #34
i had a hammy thanksgiving, with potatos and gravy and green beans too

and to celebrate the spirit of American this season, I went with my girlfriend to see Fred Claus.... yay, its ****ing Christmas time
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-11-22, 8:32 PM #35
Who doesn't ****ing love good food? If you don't love good food, I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of thanksgiving, but if you like food at all...what the hell's wrong with you? A day off to eat a ****load of good food with your family. Wam, bam, have a ham--holiday.

I'm vegetarian. The available foods were mashed potatoes and ranch dressing, buttered rolls, and corn. Not amazing dinner. I was being harrassed by little kids the whole time. Its just an annoying holiday.

o.0
2007-11-22, 8:45 PM #36
We had a deep fried turkey. Deep fried turkeys are actually very healthy since they are not breaded. The outside gets flash fried and seals in the juices while keeping the oil out.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-22, 9:11 PM #37
Originally posted by Jep:

It's an entire holiday dedicated solely to food! What's not to like?!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-11-22, 9:15 PM #38
I had 2 dinners and im having a third on saturday. :D

<3 extended family and friends
DO NOT WANT.
2007-11-22, 9:47 PM #39
Originally posted by Emon:
We had a deep fried turkey. Deep fried turkeys are actually very healthy since they are not breaded. The outside gets flash fried and seals in the juices while keeping the oil out.

Ever tried smoked turkey? Mmm good stuff. Tastes just like ham yet it isn't, which makes it great :)
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-11-22, 10:08 PM #40
Ham is wonderful too.
Back again

↑ Up to the top!