Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm moving...
I'm moving...
2004-07-31, 5:20 PM #1
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

we're selling our house, we have a buyer and stuff.

and we're going to north dakota.

one on hand, I'm happy. they have DSL, I have a nice computer. We'll have money again, no more debt.

but I'm also afraid, and upset.

My best friend, although I know her online primarily. I was hoping to be a real life friend too. Which shes only 200 miles away and I've gotten to see her a few times. We've had a great time and I've really enjoyed it. Now everyone, including my distant friends are going to be far far away from me.

Even my canadian friends aren't that close.

Its like 500 miles from a general area we might move into where one of my best canadian friends is.

I'm really quite upset and not sure if this is good, or if I'm just going to be trapped somewhere and not be able to see my friends. Just be stuck online like I always have been. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

meh, maybe I'm overreacting. What are your thoughts on it?

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin

[This message has been edited by Oberfeldwebell (edited July 31, 2004).]
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-07-31, 5:24 PM #2
Moving isnt all that bad. I had to once, and even though it was under a mile away, it still was pretty hard for me.
All that I can tell you is look for the positive. Seriously, you're going to make more friends where you are moving too.
And you can still stay in touch with the people you know already, so don't worry about it.
I hope that helps.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-31, 5:24 PM #3
where are you moving from/to?

that sucks man, i hait moving.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-31, 5:33 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Oberfeldwebell:
I'm just going to be trapped somewhere and not be able to see my friends ever. Just be stuck online like I always have been. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]</font>

So this could be a good thing... You can still talk to your old friends online, and a new school etc. opens the opportunity for new friends.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-31, 7:23 PM #5
Florida to canada. I guess it will be good since I'll be closer to one of my really good friends.

Thanks for the support. Its really hard moving almost a thousand miles.

[This message has been edited by Oberfeldwebell (edited July 31, 2004).]
2004-07-31, 8:27 PM #6
Well, best of luck to you.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-31, 9:06 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MBeggar:
I had to once, and even though it was under a mile away, it still was pretty hard for me.
</font>

Huh? Why was moving a mile away hard for you?

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-31, 11:25 PM #8
He may have been really attached to the house? perhaps he had a lot of stuff to move?

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
2004-08-01, 3:22 AM #9
well, i've moved a TON in my life and will probably be moving one more time in the next year before i move off to college so i'll just say this:
leaving friends is the hardest thing but in a lot of ways it will make you closer to some of them.
i speak from experience there. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-08-01, 3:33 AM #10
I've moved 3 or so times in my life and am about to move again. Each move has been more positive than the last. Meeting people is easy if you do it right. Take my advice, don't pick up chicks in bars or clubs...

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)

↑ Up to the top!