Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Should I get a kitten?
Should I get a kitten?
2007-11-24, 3:44 PM #1
I work over 40 hours a week - as such, my poor cat is usually alone. When I come home, she can be annoyingly affectionate at times; I think she's lonely. .(

Soo...yea or nay?
woot!
2007-11-24, 3:46 PM #2
yay.

kittens are fun.

I know what you mean, too. I have a kitten and he won't leave me alone when I'm at home. I feel bad for leaving him for 9 + hours a day.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-11-24, 3:52 PM #3
No :colbert:

2007-11-24, 4:00 PM #4
Surely you need to care even more for a kitten until it's older?
nope.
2007-11-24, 4:06 PM #5
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Surely you need to care even more for a kitten until it's older?

Litterbox, food & water..
woot!
2007-11-24, 4:07 PM #6
Instead of a kitten, why not get a mouse? I can send you one for free if you pay shipping.
Stuff
2007-11-24, 4:23 PM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:
Instead of a kitten, why not get a mouse? I can send you one for free if you pay shipping.

Haha :D
2007-11-24, 4:35 PM #8
Kitten!
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-11-24, 8:47 PM #9
I wouldn't.

You might come home to a wrecked *** house, because your dominant cat was all MRAWR and killed your kitten.
2007-11-25, 12:29 AM #10
No, i dont like animals, but i HATE cats, i mostly hate all the furr, eww, my gf has like 10 cats, and all my shirts are black too, i wouldent bother with any more problems, get a gigga pet ( anyone rememeber that )
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-25, 1:21 AM #11
Get it before a weekend or something so that you can monitor how the old (and new) cat behaves. Otherwise you just might witness what Rob said. Although in all honesty I can't remember a single case of anybody ever telling me about anything like that happening in reality.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-11-25, 1:57 AM #12
Originally posted by lassev:
Although in all honesty I can't remember a single case of anybody ever telling me about anything like that happening in reality.

Usually the new cat hides under a bed or in a closet until the dominant cat accepts it, if it's a kitten it probably won't attack it to the point of damage in the house, just assert it's dominance by batting the kitten around a bit. That's what happened with my mother's cats when I brought my cat home the first time. It takes awhile too. Even if they don't get along, they'll learn to coexist.
2007-11-25, 10:11 AM #13
Coexist... IN THE GRAVE.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-11-25, 10:26 AM #14
Good cats are rare. We have had three. One found us many years ago. He was very cool looking and probably a bit wild. We had him for years. He got out of the house once in the middle of winter in Alaska for about a week. I was so surprised and impressed when he made it home alive. He could be quite messy and destructive at times. He must have gotten into some antifreeze or something a few years later. He came home and died.

Another cat adopted us a few years later. I came home from work and heard meowing from the bushes. I called to the cat and instead of running he came to me. He was very large, not extremely tall but stout with a big head. He wasn't even scared at all of our large all white shepard. He was very dog like, would come when you call him. My parents lived with us for about three years and had two cats. The most they ever did was drag wildlife into the house. This cat found four mice in our house in twentyfour hours. Never had a problem after that. Unfortunately we found him dead in the road one night. That was a real shame.

My daughter just had to adopt a kitten once. I was against it but as a benevolent dictator I bowed to the wishes of my wife and daughter. We already had the fore mentioned cat and dog. Well, this one survived for the most part. He came home with a broken leg once that required a metal rod to repair. My daughter just refused to properly care for the cat and he was beginning to be destructive and urinating around the house. I was in Iraq and my wife refused to deal with it any longer so she took him to the shelter. He was a very pretty cat and could be very affectionate. I know full grown cats don't have good chances at shelters but you never know.

Kittens are very fun and cute but there is always a good chance they can grow into problems you don't want to deal with later. Get a fish.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-25, 11:00 AM #15
I say yes because they are cute and also not mine. Everyone else should have kittens, just not me.
2007-11-25, 12:56 PM #16
Yeah it's possible that your cat just will not accept anyother cats even a kitten, but I think a kitten might actually give your cat some company when your away.
2007-11-25, 1:12 PM #17
My cat has successfully coexisted with other cats in the past - it's not going to be a problem.

A fish or gigapet isn't exactly going to keep her company when I'm out.

We've had good luck with getting awesome cats...the trick is picking the most friendly kitten you can, rather than the indifferent ones...that way, you have a much better chance of getting one that likes people.
woot!
2007-11-25, 2:01 PM #18
Speaking of cats...looks like Cazor is living with one

You should check his other videos out. :P
Back again

↑ Up to the top!