Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MassassiTech: Restricting Users
MassassiTech: Restricting Users
2007-11-25, 10:59 PM #41
I failed to see how you people would bring the Iraq war and Michael Moore into this. I mean, wow.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-11-26, 2:14 AM #42
Yeah, congrats Yoshi and Wookie, mostly the dino, that was the greatest derail ever.

Crazies.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-26, 12:00 PM #43
I'm pretty sure if you denied access (at least write/modify) to the C drive, even programs run under the restricted username will not be able to save info to the c drive.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-26, 4:27 PM #44
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Oh, so you suggested that he should Ghost his setup in your first post. Oh, no, that's right. You suggested his five year old should jack up the computer. Moron.

[quote=Dj Yoshi]If it's really CRITICAL it should be backed up. This I also learned at a very young age. Harddrives can die any time.[/quote]

lolwut?

But I'm done, since you're obviously one of those "I AM A GOD AMONG COMPUTERMEN BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT" type of people.
D E A T H
2007-11-26, 7:11 PM #45
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Oh, so you suggested that he should Ghost his setup in your first post. Oh, no, that's right. You suggested his five year old should jack up the computer. Moron.

Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
You know, if you don't let your kids **** around on your computer and **** it all up, they'll never really learn how to use it. Half of finding out how to use a computer is searching in how to fix it--and trust me, if you break a 500+ dollar machine you'll try to fix it as fast as possible before your parents got home.

How I learned most of what I know in using windows *shrug*.

lolwut?

But I'm done, since somehow I am trying to convince people that I know everything about computers.

I know I should have been the bigger man and not have responded. I apologize to everyone in this thread for helping derail it by stating my opinion with regards to allowing a five year old to mess up a computer so they can learn how to fix it by themselves.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!