Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mass Effect
Mass Effect
2007-11-26, 10:43 AM #1
Caution! This thread will contain spoilers. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I beat Mass Effect yesterday. I have a few questions for any of you who may have beaten it (or are very close).

First, before I ask, here is the order I visisted the planets:

Eden Prime
Citadel
Feros
Artemus Tau (To find Dr. T`Soni)
Noveria
Virmire
Citadel
Ilos
Citadel

I played the game as a female vanguard the first time, I am now replaying as a male soldier. Also, you can replay the whole game again with your same levelled-up character after you beat it by going to Start New Career, and choosing your current character.

So, here are my questions:
Who did you save on Virmire? Who did you let die? Ashley didn't make it. :(

Did you save the council, or let them perish? Are the humans the new strong, evil force in the galaxy?

Did you complete any of the romance plots? I had some hot lesbian-alien loving with my female Shepard and Liara. Then I reloaded and had some fast, mediocre, hetero love with Kaiden.
2007-11-26, 10:45 AM #2
How were the female animations? I asked because a friend of mine worked on Mass Effect as animator and female animations were his task.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-11-26, 10:47 AM #3
The game is very nice, in all visual aspects. The animations were good. Nothing spectacular, but not once did I see any poor animations. There is nothing particularly amazing about any part of the game, but it does everything right. A very solid title.
2007-11-26, 11:14 AM #4
Originally posted by Hombre:
So, here are my questions:
Who did you save on Virmire? Who did you let die? Ashley didn't make it. :(

Kaiden got what I've always considered to be the best possible death: instantaneous vaporization at ground zero of a nuclear explosion.

Quote:
Did you save the council, or let them perish? Are the humans the new strong, evil force in the galaxy?

I let the council die, but I don't think that makes humanity evil. At that point nothing mattered except killing the Sovereign, and I'd have been mad not to focus all available force on it.

Quote:
Did you complete any of the romance plots? I had some hot lesbian-alien loving with my female Shepard and Liara. Then I reloaded and had some fast, mediocre, hetero love with Kaiden.

Tried to complete the Ashley romance plot but ended up with the Liara one instead. This is consistently a problem for me in BioWare games. Attempting to resolve it in my NewGame+ playthrough.

Anyway, great game, the best I've played this year. Played through it with a male Infiltrator, next character will either be a Vanguard or an Adept.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-11-26, 11:21 AM #5
I just went to the planet where Wrex dies, and I got kind of distraught that the only way to save him is to have your charm / intimidate high enough. Ashley is a good 20 yards behind you when you have the conversation, and then appears behind Wrex to shoot him? That moment really took me out of the game completely. I like Wrex, I like him alot. I consider him the most tragic of all the characters you interact with in the entire game. And he HAS to die because Ashley is a f***ing xenophobic b****?

And I lose an integral member of my team because I did that event early on when my stats weren't high enough, and Bioware just gave me one course of action, where there is a possible billion? That's pretty asinine.

I'm gonna load my autosave tonight and see if I can level up enough to get my stats high enough.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-26, 11:24 AM #6
I was able to convince Wrex to not do anything stupid. I got Paragon points because my charm was pretty high. I went to Vimire last, though.

I was a shining example of a Paragon, now I am playing as a Renegade.

Also, so far on my second playthrough, I talk to then pre-maturely disconnect from the council after every mission. Their response after each subsequent conversation gets funnier. "I DID NOT FIND YOUR LITTLE "CONNECTION TROULE" STUNT TO BE VERY AMUSING, COMMANDER."
2007-11-26, 11:26 AM #7
UGH I CAN'T READ THIS THREAD
2007-11-26, 11:37 AM #8
been waiting to get paid so I can pick this up.. can you fly freely through the galaxy in a spaceship?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-26, 11:39 AM #9
You cannot fly in the flight simulator sense, but you are free to choose which systems and planets you visit, in any order, at pretty much any time you choose.

It's made by BioWare, so if you've ever played Knights of the Old Republic, you'll understand the flight system.
2007-11-26, 12:43 PM #10
[http://sponsz.egraphic.se/froggay.png]
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-11-26, 12:51 PM #11
I love Wrex. I don't get the icons at the bottom though...
2007-11-26, 12:54 PM #12
It's the dialouge screen from The Witcher.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-11-26, 12:57 PM #13
Ohh.
2007-11-26, 12:59 PM #14
I want that game, but idk if its good ro not, i think id rather get assans creed. Was this game 3rd or 1st person? How much is it like an RPG?
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-26, 1:00 PM #15
It's like KotOR + Gears of War.
2007-11-26, 1:02 PM #16
Well i never got into Knights, so idk if ill like it. Hows the actual fighting?
2007-11-26, 1:06 PM #17
It's like... KotOR + Gears of War.

Honestly the combat is pretty weak and occasionally frustrating.
2007-11-26, 1:09 PM #18
the only thing is, i dont like leveling up and all that crap. I want to be able to shoot *****es...
2007-11-26, 1:10 PM #19
Probably not the game for you.
2007-11-26, 1:12 PM #20
Is the story good, cuz thaths another BIG thing w/ me and games, if the story isint good, how can i stay involved, thaths why i play MGS and stuff..
2007-11-26, 3:28 PM #21
Originally posted by fishstickz:
And I lose an integral member of my team because I did that event early on when my stats weren't high enough, and Bioware just gave me one course of action, where there is a possible billion? That's pretty asinine.

I'm gonna load my autosave tonight and see if I can level up enough to get my stats high enough.

I don't think this is right. I played through this event several different ways, and I'm pretty sure that if you respond to "I need to know we're doing this for the right reasons" with "We are," it cuts straight to the dialogue you'd give if you were using the Charm option later in the conversation and he agrees to play ball. Unfortunately, I don't think I have a save I could use to check this.
2007-11-26, 4:48 PM #22
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I don't think this is right. I played through this event several different ways, and I'm pretty sure that if you respond to "I need to know we're doing this for the right reasons" with "We are," it cuts straight to the dialogue you'd give if you were using the Charm option later in the conversation and he agrees to play ball. Unfortunately, I don't think I have a save I could use to check this.

Nah, I tried every option, it always ended in me shooting Wrex or Ashley shooting Wrex

I went back to an old save (when you land on the planet), and got my charm skill up enough to save him. I still think this is really dumb
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-26, 5:23 PM #23
Originally posted by Simbachu:
[http://sponsz.egraphic.se/froggay.png]

I NEED this game...
And a 360
Im gonna cut my wrists now.
2007-11-26, 7:39 PM #24

Nah, I tried every option, it always ended in me shooting Wrex or Ashley shooting Wrex

I went back to an old save (when you land on the planet), and got my charm skill up enough to save him. I still think this is really dumb

This is weird, because I just got back to this event using my nearest save, and I was able to save Wrex with several different dialogue paths, without using Charm or Intimidate. One such path:

Easy, Wrex -> You can't be serious -> I wouldn't be doing this otherwise

Unless it's checking Charm/Intimidate for the normal conversation options, I'm not sure what's going on here.
2007-11-26, 7:44 PM #25
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
UGH I CAN'T READ THIS THREAD

Same here. I HATE YOU AND YOUR THREAD! .(

Time to go play some more....
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-26, 7:57 PM #26
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
This is weird, because I just got back to this event using my nearest save, and I was able to save Wrex with several different dialogue paths, without using Charm or Intimidate. One such path:

Easy, Wrex -> You can't be serious -> I wouldn't be doing this otherwise

Unless it's checking Charm/Intimidate for the normal conversation options, I'm not sure what's going on here.

It's possible you've interacted with Ashley in such a way where she won't shoot Wrex
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-26, 10:28 PM #27
It's possible you've interacted with Ashley in such a way where she won't shoot Wrex

No, I checked that too. I can signal her to kill Wrex, or if I go through the conversation in such a way that I don't manage to convince him, she'll cap him without my permission. Apparently Liara will also kill Wrex under certain circumstances, but I'm not sure what those are yet.

↑ Up to the top!