Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rollercoaster Tycoon 3!
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3!
2004-07-26, 8:32 AM #1
OMG, this game is going to be the greatest.... I can't wait to make a coaster crash, and be riding it at the same time...

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-26, 10:01 AM #2
Saw this in a PC Gamer a bit back. If I have anything left over after getting Doom3, Halo2 and whatever else is out at the time, I'll pick it up.
2004-07-26, 10:09 AM #3
Big Fan of the first and second (though it was more like a glorified expansion pack, it did give me a few things I really wanted- like double wide paths :P), so I am really looking forward to this one. I'm so glad they decided to make a day and night mode, and you can make your own fireworks display!
2004-07-26, 10:48 AM #4
It's in 3D [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-26, 10:52 AM #5
But part of the charm in the first 2 was the 2dness

------------------
www.oxyonagon.com
nope.
2004-07-26, 12:19 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boco:
But part of the charm in the first 2 was the 2dness

</font>

It was also part of the problem.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-26, 1:05 PM #7
This is going to be like that Theme Park game, except not crap.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-26, 2:18 PM #8
Yeah, I bought Theme Park World (The crap 3D one) and uninstalled it after a couple of hours. Luckily it came in a bundle with NFS-something and Theme Hospital (I think), which kept me much more entertained [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I've got Rollercoaster Tycoon, but the over excitable piracy protection does no longer like my CD code - should get round to cracking it one day really...

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-26, 9:34 PM #9
I think that they should have a feature on RCT3 where u can import saved track designs from 1 and 2... Cause I made some pretty sweet coasters on RCT1 and I'd like to ride them... also, u can play any mp3 file from ur computer while riding the coasters... This is going to be fun, I'll never leave my room

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-26, 9:40 PM #10
I enjoyed RCT1 + expansions very much so, and whilst I have RCT2, I didn't play it nearly as much. Did anyone else think RCT2 was much harder?

This looks great, though.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-26, 9:45 PM #11
2 was much more complicated. I enjoyed the simplicity of 1, you could spend hours perfecting a single coaster, and then spend 5 minutes working on everything else to keep your park running. 2 I found myself having to spend longer working on the more boring aspects of the park... I wanna design coasters, not sweep up puke, dammit!

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-27, 3:33 AM #12
There's going to be a program to design coasters without being in game included Spork (It's only natural what with the coaster cam now.).

And Spiral, I'm pretty sure they ARE going to let you import your coasters from 1 and 2 into the game, I read it on the site's message board. I was sceptical, but it would certainly be nice.
2004-07-27, 3:47 AM #13
I found in RCT 2 it was really hard to make a huge profit. I'd make a profit of about £1000 or so a week (or whatever the timebase was) but it was never enough to keep churning out rollercoasters. I'd usually take out a max loan just so I could build the most expensive rides, as there'd be no way I could otherwise.
Most of my time was spent increasing or decreasing prices to maximize profits, or starting advertising campagins.
I suppose that appeals to some people.
The kind of people that actually play those Football Management games.
Scary people.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-27, 3:50 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

I suppose that appeals to some people.
The kind of people that actually play those Football Management games.
Scary people.
</font>

I've got a mate who buys every release of Championship manager...

*Shudder*

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-27, 6:04 AM #15
Indeed. RCT2 focused more on the tycoon and less on the roller-coaster.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-29, 10:07 PM #16
i just read at IGN that they are going to let u import coasters from 1&2... thisis the best news ever

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-30, 1:03 PM #17
yay!

i have some cool modified versions of the prebuilt coasters... i never got around to building anything complex from scratch... i did build a few partial coasters which i opened before finishing... nothing like killing customers for fun

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-30, 9:49 PM #18
I ALWAYS killed guest for fun... this one time I actually built a coaster that dead ends, and the last track segment was an on-ride photo, so it takes their pictures right before it sends them off the end of the track... I would LOVE to review those pictures.... HAHAHAHA

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-30, 9:55 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spiral:
I ALWAYS killed guest for fun... this one time I actually built a coaster that dead ends, and the last track segment was an on-ride photo, so it takes their pictures right before it sends them off the end of the track... I would LOVE to review those pictures.... HAHAHAHA

</font>

i always made the last segment of track a photo section... i even made a really long complex one that ended not far from where it began... had the track been 2 segments longer and not up as high... they would have not went flying

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-31, 1:14 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
This is going to be like that Theme Park game, except not crap.</font>

Ive got that game. And yes it is crap.

------------------
Its peanut butter jelly time!
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-31, 4:23 PM #21
This thread inspired me to reinstall the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. Gaddamn, I'm addicted. Yesterday I trashed all of the coasters I had in my enormous park, and then built an uber coaster too frightening for anyone to ride.

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-08-01, 9:19 AM #22
This is the mosr addictive game in the history of human exsistence... and now another, better one is coming out...

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-01, 9:33 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
It's in 3D [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

</font>

w00p!

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets

↑ Up to the top!