Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Youtube Republican Debate
Youtube Republican Debate
2007-12-02, 8:28 PM #81
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;877258']No, this is my point. I would want a president who does what he thinks is right, not what he thinks people want him to do...

Ron Paul is probably the closest thing you are going to get to a candidate that is doing what he thinks is right. Him or a third party candidate.

Everyone else is doing what their party tells/wants them to do.

PS. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell tangent you two went off on. It's like both of you started trying to connect dots that aren't there, from what I can tell. :psyduck:
2007-12-02, 8:52 PM #82
;877258']No, this is my point. I would want a president who does what he thinks is right, not what he thinks people want him to do...

You are an idiot. I've just gotten done telling you a million different times that what he thinks is right is not overstepping the constitutional bounds of the US government to implement policies, regardless of their merit. You're just using any excuse you can to bash Ron Paul.

To be honest, IRG, I'm sure if he's changed his mind about education or not. I wouldn't be surprised if he had. He seems to have a more realistic view of governments role in society. Some things while far from optimal are simply the best we are going to get.

Thrawn was trying to prove that Paul was a flip flopper because he changed his mind about the state education. I was just saying how we have no way of knowing from the material that was posted weather he had or not. Either way it doesn't make him a flip flopper which is the important part. He just looking for any excuse he can to bash Ron Paul.
2007-12-02, 8:57 PM #83
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You are an idiot.

D:
2007-12-02, 8:59 PM #84
That's your disembodied head. It serves you right.

You are also a stupid head.:colbert:
2007-12-02, 9:00 PM #85
I think um

Nothing more needs to be said

[http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/aei/wp-content/photos/e40.jpg]
2007-12-02, 9:48 PM #86
;877258']

I don't trust that guy

Well... I guess I don't know that we should really trust any politician/government. I mean, does anyone really trust McCain or Giuliani for instance? Obviously some people must but I think we should all be more leary about those who would influence an entire nation. I don't expect to change Thrawn's mind but I wanted to put in my additional 2 cents...

Oh, and depending on how well I am communicating, this may or may not support Paul's views on education, but I was home schooled through the 8th grade. I feel like I was more than ready for high school academically. Any problems I had transitioning from home to public came from my having to comform to the type A favoring system. (If you want we can talk about learning styles and teaching styles and how public school systems are generally unable to facilitate such needs).

Needless to say we need some kind of school system to pick up where parents will inevitably drop the ball for whatever reason. Some parents simply aren't equipped or able or willing and that won't change.

I need to do more research but I hear tell that the UK has a rather sketch public school system as well but private institutes are much more plentiful. Somebody correct me all over on this because I am ignorant on that.
2007-12-02, 11:19 PM #87
Originally posted by Nicholas:
Well... I guess I don't know that we should really trust any politician/government. I mean, does anyone really trust McCain or Giuliani for instance? Obviously some people must but I think we should all be more leary about those who would influence an entire nation. I don't expect to change Thrawn's mind but I wanted to put in my additional 2 cents...

Well, I don't even trust McCain to live through his presidency. But I fully trust Giuliani to take as many bribes as he possibly can and roll in his ill-gotten monies. Maybe sell me some faulty radios.

But I actually do think Paul is pretty trustworthy, I was just making fun of his creepy face. I just trust him to do things I don't want him to. :saddowns:
2007-12-03, 7:26 AM #88
Giulini officially has the creepiest face of any politician in recent history. Seriously, he looks like the The Penguin or something.
2007-12-03, 2:59 PM #89
Giulini officially has the creepiest face of any politician in recent history. Seriously, he looks like the The Penguin or something.

He has the creepiest background to go along with it.
2007-12-03, 4:03 PM #90
[http://zioneocon.blogspot.com/giuliani%20speech.jpg]

I WILL CRUSH YOU ALL

MAH HAH HAH HAH
2007-12-03, 5:32 PM #91

I hate how "look" is such a big component of a Presidential bid. "He doesn't look presidential."
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-12-03, 6:44 PM #92
I didn't say that was why I didn't like him. I was just saying that he looked creepy. I'd vote for him if was actually any good.
2007-12-03, 7:07 PM #93
He wants to use tax dollars to pay for abortions. I don't think that is helping his support from conservative voters.
2007-12-03, 7:10 PM #94
Originally posted by fishstickz:
A bunch of racists and bigots, standing next to a libertarian, being asked questions by rednecks online and snowmen.

I'm taping it.

I am curious, how would you describe the Democrat candidates?
MastaX
2007-12-03, 7:26 PM #95
Originally posted by MastaX:
I am curious, how would you describe the Democrat candidates?

Not a good question to ask a commie.
2007-12-03, 7:48 PM #96
Originally posted by IRG SithLord:
He wants to use tax dollars to pay for abortions. I don't think that is helping his support from conservative voters.

*tsk* Remember now, conservative now means "pro-war" and nothing else, because there are no other issues.

↑ Up to the top!