Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Xbox Live marketplace not available?
Xbox Live marketplace not available?
2007-12-01, 12:41 PM #1
"Xbox Live marketplace is currently unavailable. Please check back later."

Does it say that for any one else? Its been that way for more than two weeks.

2007-12-01, 1:24 PM #2
I was gonna say it was probably getting geared up for the winter update, but if you're saying it's been like that for 2 weeks.... yeah.... that's just you. I've had no problems getting there and browsing.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-12-01, 2:08 PM #3
Can't speak for right now, but I know it's worked in the past two weeks. Maybe you were banned? I have no idea.
2007-12-01, 2:18 PM #4
I wouldn't know, my 360 Red Ringed this morning :argh:
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-01, 2:21 PM #5
Works now. I had to format my hard drive... :confused:

2007-12-01, 2:23 PM #6
Originally posted by fishstickz:

Hahahaha
2007-12-01, 2:25 PM #7

Yikes, that blows. So many good titles out now, too.
2007-12-01, 3:15 PM #8

And another 360 bites the dust.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-12-01, 3:47 PM #9
Originally posted by Aglar:
Yikes, that blows. So many good titles out now, too.

I know, I bought all of them.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-01, 3:58 PM #10
Call 'em now if you haven't already. You might just get it back before Christmas.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-12-01, 5:21 PM #11
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Call 'em now if you haven't already. You might just get it back before Christmas.

You'll get it back before 2009 if you're lucky.
2007-12-01, 5:45 PM #12
I've only heard a FEW people getting shafted like that. Mine had a 20 day turnaround from the time the call was placed to the time it came back.
Last Stand
2007-12-01, 6:03 PM #13
You get shafted by only having a 3 year warranty for a problem thats guaranteed to happen at some point during the Xbox's lifetime.
2007-12-01, 6:38 PM #14
No, it's for a problem that's pretty much guaranteed to happen within three years of the date of purchase. Not over the entire lifespan of the Xbox. The new cooler CPU and better heatsinks have been going into them for months now. I haven't seen solid statics on it, but I've heard that that failure rate is diminished substantially, and will go down even farther once they replace the GPU.

Now, I'm not saying that it won't fail after those three years are up. Or after it's been repaired (there's plenty of incidents where THAT'S happened), but the warranty is designed to cover a flaw that's going to hit a large percentage of the user base within the first three years. Not after. There's nothing wrong with the three year warranty for RRoD. It's fine, and it's doing what it's designed to do and cover. No one has been shafted by it yet, and I find it unlikely that many people are GOING to get shafted by it once 360s hit three years old, and people's warranties expire.
Last Stand
2007-12-01, 7:37 PM #15
Yeah its cool, manufacturing and shipping a defective product and saying "We'll cover it only for 3 years, after that screw you lol" is ok
2007-12-01, 9:25 PM #16
Originally posted by Duo Maxwell:
Yeah its cool, manufacturing and shipping a defective product and saying "We'll cover it only for 3 years, after that screw you lol" is ok

Launch purchasers, and everyone else who had to PAY before this went into effect got refunds for their repairs.
Everyone else has a three year warranty, free repair.
Console is going to LIKELY fail within the FIRST year and a half of purchase date.
Meanwhile, every new 360 coming off the assembly line has a cooler chipset and a new heatsink to counteract this problem. But they still get the warranty, just in case.

Exactly HOW are people still getting dicked over by this? Yeah, they ****ed up and shipped a defective product. Serves them right by rushing it out the door. But they fessed up, put into place a damn good warranty, that more than covers when this is likely to happen, and refunded everyone who paid before it went into effect. NOT TO MENTION, they're correcting the problem with every new 360 shipped.

So why, exactly, the hell should they put a lifetime warranty (which is pretty much what I guess you're getting at) on a console who's operational lifespan is only about 8 to 10 years long before it's effectively discontinued and no one gives a crap about it anymore?

The problem with the launch units which existed up until half way through this year has been fixed. But you still get coverage. Everyone else who bought one prior to this that breaks down? They're covered, and they get the new hardware.

Yeah. They're totally getting shafted.
Last Stand
2007-12-01, 9:43 PM #17
Soooo happy I have you to help me shop for a 360, Phoenix. XD
KABOOM YO!
2007-12-01, 10:14 PM #18
I think 8-10 years is a little overkill... Maybe 4/5...?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-12-01, 11:17 PM #19
Originally posted by Commander 598:
I think 8-10 years is a little overkill... Maybe 4/5...?

4/5 is the actual development period I'd say. 10ish seems to be the rough cutoff when people stop caring and buying them at all.
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!