Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bleh..so I was going to an airsoft game on Saturday...
Bleh..so I was going to an airsoft game on Saturday...
2007-12-02, 8:13 PM #1
...but didn't go, due to the weather (18f, 30-40mph winds) and the drive (about 2.5 hours one way). Turns out one of the guys had a 'connection'...two Blackhawk helicopters showed up & did a landing, and apparently took some of the guys up w/their (airsoft) support weapons. And I wasn't there. D:

Maybe next time. .(
woot!
2007-12-02, 8:56 PM #2
Two Blackhawks showed up to help out in an Air Soft game? That's the most awesome thing I've ever heard. I can't imagine how insane it would be to be playing air soft when suddenly blackhawks start participating.
2007-12-02, 9:36 PM #3
No no, then you'll see Fister jumping out of the blackhawks.
Back again
2007-12-02, 9:58 PM #4
bleh I wouldn't bother with airsoft and choppers. The wind from the blades would be enough to make the bb's useless.
Now simunitions on the other hand...
2007-12-02, 10:08 PM #5
it's december 2nd, and it was 60 and sunny today :D
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-12-02, 11:22 PM #6
Originally posted by Duo Maxwell:
bleh I wouldn't bother with airsoft and choppers. The wind from the blades would be enough to make the bb's useless.

Your missing the point. Some of them got to ride in a Blackhawk. That's badass. I only got to ride in a Huey this summer.
Pissed Off?
2007-12-03, 2:06 AM #7

That's kinda irrelevant...lol - I'd love a ride in a Blackhawk..
woot!
2007-12-03, 1:01 PM #8

Sims get blown about by the wind too.

But anyway you lose man.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-03, 2:49 PM #9
Originally posted by Spook:
Sims get blown about by the wind too.

But anyway you lose man.

Hey dude.

My army friend told me the best spoof of the acronym MRE I've ever heard.

Magical Reverse Enema
2007-12-03, 2:55 PM #10
Having lived on MREs (3 a day for seven days) for a week this summer, I can tell you that's the truth.
Pissed Off?
2007-12-03, 4:16 PM #11
Originally posted by Rob:
Hey dude.

My army friend told me the best spoof of the acronym MRE I've ever heard.

Magical Reverse Enema

Haha, that is a new one to me. Completely true as well.

Even though "Meals Refuse by Ethiopians" doesn't really apply, as they are fairly tasty (they do get old but still) they still are "Meals Reluctant to Exit".
2007-12-03, 4:34 PM #12
I don't see this as a waste of money at all.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-03, 4:46 PM #13
Huh?
2007-12-03, 4:49 PM #14
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I don't see this as a waste of money at all.

:confused:
woot!
2007-12-03, 5:36 PM #15
To fuel and prep two choppers. That's a lot of money. To spend that on bringing some guys with BB guns up and down might be seen as "wasting money" by some. Especially if they were military birds, being fueled and prepped on the tax payer's dollar.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-12-03, 5:38 PM #16
It may have been a waste of money but at least it was an :awesome: waste of money.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-12-03, 6:48 PM #17
Originally posted by Roach:
To fuel and prep two choppers. That's a lot of money. To spend that on bringing some guys with BB guns up and down might be seen as "wasting money" by some. Especially if they were military birds, being fueled and prepped on the tax payer's dollar.

If they're out on exercises anyway, it doesn't make any difference. It not they went out the specifically to give some kids a ride.
2007-12-03, 7:24 PM #18
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
It not they went out the specifically to give some kids a ride.

Gee, you must be right, I get military choppers landing around me all the time offering rides because "they're on drill anyway."
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-12-03, 7:49 PM #19
That's more likely than them making a special trip just to go fool around with some random kids playing air soft.
2007-12-03, 7:53 PM #20
No it isn't. I doubt their exercises generally include giving the public joyrides.

o.0
2007-12-03, 7:56 PM #21
Lee is an adult.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-12-03, 7:59 PM #22
Originally posted by Greenboy:
No it isn't. I doubt their exercises generally include giving the public joyrides.

Not exercises, but just general practice maybe. How would they even know that JLee was even doing Air Soft? Do you seriously think that they fired up two Blackhawks because they wanted to randomly give rides to some people in a field? My explanation isn't awesome, I know, but it's better than yours. I'm pretty surprised that this even happened.
2007-12-03, 8:00 PM #23
That's more likely than them making a special trip just to go fool around with some random kids playing air soft.

No, what's more likely to have happened is the buddy's "connection" got some training orders changed to allow the pilots to dick around with their airsoft friends.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-12-03, 8:14 PM #24
Not exercises, but just general practice maybe. How would they even know that JLee was even doing Air Soft? Do you seriously think that they fired up two Blackhawks because they wanted to randomly give rides to some people in a field? My explanation isn't awesome, I know, but it's better than yours. I'm pretty surprised that this even happened.

So.. your saying these two helicopters were just flying around when they decided to pick up some guys on the ground with fake guns? Yeah. Right.
Roach pretty much nailed it.

o.0

↑ Up to the top!