Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Mist
The Mist
2007-12-05, 4:52 PM #1
I don't think I have ever seen a horror film that scared me until this movie. I'm still physically shaking. Nothing has ever come closer to reality while simultaneously bending it. Whatever you thought about this movie is dead wrong. See it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-05, 4:58 PM #2
I thought it was a great horror flick. The movies special effects were god awful, the dialog and acting was more than campy, and the ending was possibly the most depressing thing I've ever seen in my life. Awesome flick. The way horror movies should be. A large part of the films charm was it's low budget appeal and campy EVERYTHING. I'd reccomend it.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-12-05, 5:18 PM #3
I didn't think the people were campy. I didn't get that at all. I thought it was more realistic than most movies. I must be wrong, because everyone seems to think that.

And I think a criticism about a movie being "too depressing" is really really dumb. If a movie can be too depressing, Requiem For A Dream must've been the worst movie ever, which it wasn't.

And I don't know why people thought the special effects sucked. Again, something lots of people said, but I don't know what they were talking about.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-05, 5:25 PM #4
I was thinking of seeing it. It looked sort of neat, like an actual horror movie. Over the top gore horror movies seem kind of stupid, really scary movies rely more on what you don't see than what you do see to be scary.
2007-12-05, 5:28 PM #5
Have you guys actually read the short story? I read The Mist and absolutely loved it, but I'm kind of scared that they've probably gone and ruined it with the movie.
2007-12-05, 5:31 PM #6
I tried to convince Anovis to see it; he wouldn't even believe me that "Half-Life" was inspired by the original short story.

And yeah, the ending... holy crap. It... wow.
Stuff
2007-12-05, 5:31 PM #7
I think they improved. No love story, and the ending is even better, depending on what you call "Better." If you want more action or whatever, it's far worse. If you want brutal and depressing irony, you'll love it. Stephan King agrees about the ending.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-05, 5:33 PM #8
Reminds me too much of Storm of the Century.
2007-12-05, 5:54 PM #9
I read The Mist a long time ago and loved it. Still haven't seen the movie yet, but everything I've seen suggests they didn't **** it up.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!