Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Completely freaking out and have to share my pain
Completely freaking out and have to share my pain
2007-12-09, 12:27 AM #41
She could have chosen not to take the test.
2007-12-09, 2:04 AM #42
hahaha I could have actually read it before I signed it so I would have just known to turn them in.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-12-09, 6:31 AM #43
Originally posted by Detty:
In Britland 70% is the highest grade boundary. Average 70% for your whole degree and you get a first.

Indeed, but our unis aren't more of a pick and mix of courses. :P
nope.
2007-12-09, 9:22 AM #44
Page, I don't think you know what "duress" means. Usually it's used in a situation like "My boyfriend got into the car, pointed a gun at my head and told me to drive. I didn't WANT to be the getaway driver, but I had no choice" moreso than "The professor MADE me sign an honesty pledge."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-12-09, 12:22 PM #45
In the CS program at my Uni you need a C- or better for major courses. A C- is 60%. As far as I know though, we're the only department that has this kind of requirement. I have a friend in engineering that only needs 50% or better to pass (wouldn't you think it's more important for someone who builds things to know their ****?)
2007-12-09, 1:07 PM #46
It depends on the difficulty.

An exam that is well written will have the bell curve centred at 50%. An exam should have a few basic questions to prove that you at least know the course, a few questions that you have to do some proper thinking to find the answer and a few questions that really test you and only people who really know their stuff should be able ot answer.

If it's possible to just study hard and get 100% then the exam isn't hard enough, a lot of people are really good at studying but can't solve problems to save their lives.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!