Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oldie but Goodie
Oldie but Goodie
2007-12-08, 2:59 PM #1
Wow. I havent been on Massassi in years. Its good to see its still around. This site has been the sole source for everything JK. Everyone else has abandoned or forgotten it. Its great to see that the levels I know and love by some of my favorite authors are still hosted.

On another note...

I was wondering just how many of you actively or occasionally still play JK? (or even know what it is.. you'd be suprised..)

I want to get a general idea because a friend of mine and I have been regularly playing TCP/IP (and zone when they had it.. how I miss the good ol' days) at least once a month since JK came out. As you can imagine after 8 years we've gotten pretty bored with one another and would like to play with other players from the old JK community. Possibly once or twice a month at a set date and time.

I'm hoping this might catch on, so that Massassi will host and/or advertise these once a month meetings to keep the old community alive and kickin'.

The plan is to post it out there 2 weeks or more in advance (enough to plan on what to tell your girlfriend when she cant come over that friday night) and include the level and mod we might play. Obviously some of the populars, and the classic levels (yes yes.. oasis too), then mix it up with some custom levels from right here on Massassi either by request, demand, or host preference (this would also include original JK of course.).

I figure if theres more then 32 people at once who are playing, another host can be chosen. This will probably require some kind of RSVP system. Most likely via the forums here if the GM's will allow it. Otherwise a IRC channel or E-mail bulliten is the next viable choice. I figure in the day and age of SATA harddrives, dual and quad processors, DX10 video cards, and cable connections offered at the price of AOL back in 97', a large game shouldnt be a problem to host or play in. (heck I remember playing on MSN with a 14.4)

As always hacking/cogging would not be tolerated, and the legendary hacker-kicker would be a must.

Let me know what you think of this idea, and if it sounds like something you'd participate in.

Happy holidays all!
2007-12-08, 3:10 PM #2
There's something like this about every 2 weeks. You should get a good turnout for a game or two, but nothing like 32. Join our steam community, too.

Have you heard of the new adjoin limit patcher, and other updates? There's a total graphical overhaul called JKE on the JKHub site. You might not even know what JKHub is. http://www.JKHub.net
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-08, 3:19 PM #3
JKHub is nothing new to my my friend. :) JKE is pretty fun to play. A little buggy at times, but hell, it beats box fists. Doesnt work too well with JK co-op haha. Causes rather amusing bugs when paired with that.

I figured this has already been done, but I wanted to make an "official" one or something along those lines. Do you have any information on who runs those games? It would probably be easier to talk to them and see if they'd want to help me out, since they are further ahead with this then I am haha.

I'll def check out the steam section, thanks for the heads up.
2007-12-09, 10:27 AM #4
I'd be interested in playing once in awhile. My girlfriend is going to be out of the country for four months, so I'll have plenty of time to play JK (in between hugging myself to ward off the loneliness). Maybe by that time I'll even have gotten multiplayer working through WINE.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-12-09, 1:08 PM #5
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
I'd be interested in playing once in awhile. My girlfriend is going to be out of the country for four months, so I'll have plenty of time to play JK (in between hugging myself to ward off the loneliness). Maybe by that time I'll even have gotten multiplayer working through WINE.

I guess her parents realized she ran away from home and went to america.

Silly pre-teens.
D E A T H
2007-12-09, 1:35 PM #6
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I guess her parents realized she ran away from home and went to america.

Silly pre-teens.

lmao
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!