Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Superbad
Superbad
2007-12-08, 7:47 PM #1
great movie or greatest movie ever made in all of history
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-12-08, 7:59 PM #2
certainly one of the best this year

very realistic. you watch the movie and you can think of 1-2 people who are exactly like each character
2007-12-08, 8:54 PM #3
realistic is definitely not the word I would use.

But yeah, I thought it was funny.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-12-08, 8:55 PM #4
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
realistic is definitely not the word I would use.

That's because you can't relate.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-12-08, 8:57 PM #5
mclovin stole the show
2007-12-08, 9:04 PM #6
Originally posted by petmc20:
That's because you can't relate.

sure I can. a lot of the things in the movie i've thought before in day to day life. but i haven't acted them out. and how many cops do you know that would take a teenager on a evening joyride? how many teenage kids do you know who would be stupid enough to get the name "McLovin" (or equivalent) on their fake ids?

It's funny because it's based on things we've all thought about. It's relevant, but it's not realistic.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-12-08, 9:26 PM #7
Merely great.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-12-08, 11:36 PM #8
I can't relate, it was merely amusing.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-12-08, 11:46 PM #9
It was alright, not a pinnacle of filmmaking in any meaning of the word - made me laugh and I got a free t-shirt at the premiere, although it was four sizes too big.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-12-09, 1:16 AM #10
I loved the movie, and was pissed that I didn't get the chance to see it twice in theaters.

A MUST rent, and you should probably buy.
D E A T H
2007-12-09, 1:19 AM #11
I liked it, but it was depressing for me.
2007-12-09, 1:57 AM #12
the credits made me laugh
i wonder who got tasked with drawing all those lol
2007-12-09, 4:42 AM #13
McLovin!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-12-09, 6:28 AM #14
Originally posted by Detty:
I can't relate, it was merely amusing.

Ditto. It was good but not amazing.
nope.
2007-12-09, 6:56 AM #15
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
sure I can. a lot of the things in the movie i've thought before in day to day life. but i haven't acted them out. and how many cops do you know that would take a teenager on a evening joyride? how many teenage kids do you know who would be stupid enough to get the name "McLovin" (or equivalent) on their fake ids?

It's funny because it's based on things we've all thought about. It's relevant, but it's not realistic.

with the cops in this town... it's possible

and i know some people who got some odd names on their fake ids... nothing totally off like mclovin

though one scene i totally relate to... passing out while drunk and on the way to the ground headbutting the girl i was intending on banging
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-12-09, 1:09 PM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Ditto. It was good but not amazing.

I think it's an American thing. This kind of...situation? permeates American society.
D E A T H
2007-12-09, 2:18 PM #17
I think that was Dettys point in how we can't relate. Everything is different here.
nope.
2007-12-09, 3:04 PM #18
It seemed to drag a bit in places, but I enjoyed it.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-12-09, 3:12 PM #19
The fat one (no not me) was really annoying for the majority of th emovie. What a meanie
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-12-09, 3:34 PM #20
Originally posted by mb:
The fat one (no not me) was really annoying for the majority of th emovie. What a meanie

I agree. Most of the other movies I've seen that guy in his character is really funny and like-able, so I was kind of expecting that here and was disappointed.

As far as dragging, yeah, near the middle, around the time they leave the psycho older people party I started getting a "wrap it up already" feeling. But once they made it to the girl's party they had been trying to get to it was enjoyable again.
2007-12-09, 5:21 PM #21
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/movies/686932,CST-FTR-super08.article
2007-12-09, 5:52 PM #22
Wow, way to kill fun.
2007-12-10, 5:37 AM #23
My friend and I are currently in a debate on whether or not it should bump out current reigning champ "Grandma's Boy" from its throne....

Views:
Grandmas Boy: 31
Superbad: 1

(The more you watch one and its still funny, the better you know the movie is... only time will tell)
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!