Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cats and Dogs (Warning: Graphic)
Cats and Dogs (Warning: Graphic)
2007-12-10, 8:44 PM #1
Graphic Disturbing footage all involving animals, you've been warned.

The last scene of this movie made me gag to the point of almost throwing up. This is horrible. I had to pause it atleast 3 times and walk away. What the hell is wrong with people?
Think while it's still legal.
2007-12-10, 8:48 PM #2
Nothing compared to what some do to the meats you eat. I would post a video of both cows and sheep getting their throats cut but I'll get banned, I'm sure.

Mmmm dog, delicacies in Korea. And kitty fur is so warm!
2007-12-10, 8:53 PM #3
There are plenty of better things to get mad about.
2007-12-10, 8:54 PM #4
Such as skinning Stevens :psylon:
2007-12-10, 8:55 PM #5
...and people from Springfield named Jay getting airborne diseases delivered in their Christmas cards.
2007-12-10, 8:56 PM #6
I thought my location and other information will not be disclosed :argh:
2007-12-10, 9:07 PM #7
Haha, anthrax.

Also, this was disturbing, and I couldn't watch the whole thing. I'm sure I'm more grossed out because I have a Dog and a Cat as pets. Cow slaughter doesn't bug me at all.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-10, 9:19 PM #8
Cow slaughter is also really humane. I didn't watch the video but I'm guessing it wasn't, because the people that slaughter dogs are also horrible people for a plethora of reasons not necessarily relating to such.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-12-10, 9:25 PM #9
Dogs and cats are our friends! Cows and chickens are just stupid animals whose only redeeming quality is the taste of their meat.

I only watched part of this video, but...it didn't really affect me. I mean, it really sucks, but I guess I'm desensitized.

P.S. my friend's dad dropped a bunch of bricks on a sack full of kittens he didn't want.

Eh, finished up the video, guess I'm not THAT desensitized, that was pretty bad. That german shepherd looked exactly like my friend's guide dog, who is sitting right next to me wagging his tail.
Warhead[97]
2007-12-10, 9:38 PM #10
Originally posted by Emon:
Cow slaughter is also really humane. I didn't watch the video but I'm guessing it wasn't, because the people that slaughter dogs are also horrible people for a plethora of reasons not necessarily relating to such.

Eh, I don't know how anything with slaughter is really humane. But I guess our interpretations differ a bit. I'm curious if you've ever seen one, it's quit interesting.

Mmmm, cows

(anyone notice that in both the videos they play songs that tries to make one feel sad?)
2007-12-10, 9:50 PM #11
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Dogs and cats are our friends! Cows and chickens are just stupid animals whose only redeeming quality is the taste of their meat.

Sigh....

People need to eat, you know. And some of them wear fur coats. If it wasn't for fur our early ancestors would have frozen to death.

Let the pussification of America continue...

Some of you sorely need to be taken hunting or fishing or... SOMETHING... to snap you out of your sickening naivety. But I guess when all your food comes from a shelf in a store this is what happens..

Show of hands, how many of you have bashed a fish over the head with a flashlight or knife handle? How many have shot ducks and pheasants, then cleaned and ate them afterward? Rabbits? Squirrels? Deer? Elk?

Just because it's cute and fuzzy doesn't make it any more wrong. The only thing really wrong in that video I saw was the last scene.. that was not very humane. The rest of the clips were just taken way out of context, interspersed with cute 'pet' scenes. I'm assuming the dogs in the cages were food, so that was just the most economical way to do it. If you don't like it, DONT EAT MEAT. The meat you eat isn't treated any better.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-12-10, 10:18 PM #12
Admittedly, I never really enjoy watching videos such as the ones in this thread, but that's just due to the graphic nature; no different than watching a Human get torn apart on the movie screen.

Point is; no matter how much I watch these videos, it never lessens my desire to, oh I don't know, EAT MEAT! I'm really quite curious as to how some of the more militant folks who oppose the slaughter of an animal like a cow would suggest we go about doing it. I'm assuming sort sort of euthanization first would be one such notion, but to be honest I have no clue.

I've had dogs for pets, so it's not pleasant to watch dogs being killed. However, as Freelancer said up above, odds are those dogs in the video seemed to be destined to be dinner for some poor, 3rd World Family. I cannot morally or ethically find a problem with such people wanting to eat, and having to kill dogs/cats to do it. Survival of the species here fellas, that species being us.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-12-10, 10:21 PM #13
Oh, don't misunderstand me, I'm with you on this entirely, freelancer.

I just mean that our connection with dogs and cats is a bit too much like our connection with other people to not be affected by that.

Keep in mind that my friend and I have found a deer that got snagged jumping over our fence on a hill, struggled, tore its skin off and rolled down the hill into the road where it broke its legs. We got an officer over there, he plugged it between the eyes, and we dragged it back up onto my land and used it as an opportunity to learn how to field dress a deer.
The other week me and the same friend found another deer snagged on my fence, and tore down the whole fence section to free it.

Point being, animals are sort of a grey area morally speaking. I'm not going to put a splint on a deer's broken leg and get medical attention like I would for a human, and I have no qualms about capping one and digging around its insides with a dull knife...but I'm not going to kill one or let one die for no reason, either. People have a right to their own view of animal cruelty.
Warhead[97]
2007-12-10, 10:33 PM #14
...a....a dull knife?! Blasphemy!! ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-12-10, 10:48 PM #15
I don't know about you, but I'm completely disgusted. I understand that video's condemning people for wearing fur (which I don't mind), but the deliberate cruelty to animals as seen in that video makes me want to hurt somebody. I've never been able to comprehend cruelty... I truly haven't. It's a side of humankind that almost assures me God cannot care, not if humans are like that.
2007-12-10, 11:01 PM #16
Originally posted by Anovis:
I thought my location and other information will not be disclosed :argh:

Maybe you got such a promise from him... but certainly that doesn't prevent other people from releasing such information?
Stuff
2007-12-10, 11:15 PM #17
Originally posted by Reid:
I don't know about you, but I'm completely disgusted. I understand that video's condemning people for wearing fur (which I don't mind), but the deliberate cruelty to animals as seen in that video makes me want to hurt somebody. I've never been able to comprehend cruelty... I truly haven't. It's a side of humankind that almost assures me God cannot care, not if humans are like that.

Or he cares enough to let people act out their own inner desires. But maybe not.

However, if you cannot relate to cruelty and such count yourself very lucky.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-11, 12:17 AM #18
I stopped watching when that animal (what was it?) was skinned alive. Doesn't make much of a difference to me, whether it's done to a dog or a cow. Deliberately inducing pain on an animal is not ok.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-12-11, 12:31 AM #19
I wish the context of the those videos were a little clearer. To us, it looks quite horrible, but there are places in this world where those dogs were people's lives. They eat them and use every last part of the carcass for something. We have a great connection to dogs and cats because they are our pets. I've had dogs and cats since the day I was born, but I can at least understand that some cultures don't have the same view of dogs as we do.
Pissed Off?
2007-12-11, 12:44 AM #20
You know, God specifically let us do whatever we want with animals so you whiners better shut up.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-12-11, 6:26 AM #21
So I lay next to my dog last night and pet him and thank him for not being born in North Korea. I give him a big kiss and then all of the sudden he toots one of the worst smelling farts I've ever smelled, and then as he often does, leaves because he can't stand his own stench.

Dogs.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-11, 9:04 AM #22
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
You know, God specifically let us do whatever we want with animals so you whiners better shut up.

Because we all know God would want his people to be cruel..
2007-12-11, 10:04 AM #23
The graphical content didn't really matter to me, but the fact that those animals were skinned alive disgusted me. Why the hell couldn't they kill them before skinning? And that one skinned dog that was still alive.. my god. I can just imagine the pain..
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.

↑ Up to the top!