Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Buddha is fat
Buddha is fat
2007-12-11, 10:22 PM #1
At the risk of inciting a riot of all the resident Buddhists, I thought I should point out that Buddha is a lard ***.

[http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/965/buddhaym0.jpg]

I mean, jeez, just look at the folds of blubber on that guy.
2007-12-11, 10:24 PM #2
LOBSTER DANCE
Attachment: 17995/09.gif (10,794 bytes)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-12-11, 10:26 PM #3
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Buddha1234.jpg/800px-Buddha1234.jpg]

you fail.

Btw, you posted Budai in case you were curious.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-12-11, 10:33 PM #4
Yeah, well, Budai is a lard *** then.

[http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1951/yeahpy3.gif][http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1951/yeahpy3.gif][http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1951/yeahpy3.gif][http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1951/yeahpy3.gif]
2007-12-11, 11:01 PM #5
So wat all you Buddhists got to say about that huh huh huh?

Ohhhh what's that? Oh that's right. Silence. 'Cause you know my god will kick your god's *** bigtime.
2007-12-12, 1:09 AM #6
I worship me.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-12, 1:09 AM #7
Buddha has a fat butt and a stupid...

...butt.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-12-12, 2:35 AM #8
So he actually sat under a tree for over a month because he was too fat to get up?

That makes so much more sense than mastru-b. . .meditating.
My blawgh.
2007-12-12, 4:16 AM #9
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Buddha has a fat butt and a stupid...

...butt.
That's right.

By the way, Buddhists feel free to laugh me off and demonstrate not all religions are oversensitive about their deities. So this thread actually has a point.

Though I guess making a thread to prove a point was kind of a lame thing to do.
2007-12-12, 4:31 AM #10
Wait...don't you have a Buddha statue in your tomato garden?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-12-12, 5:50 AM #11
Laughing Buddha is my favourite religious icon and about the only one I'd actually like in my own home.
Jesus? Pshh too mopey and sad all nailed up there
Mohammed? ....oh, wait
Hindu deities? Too weird and multi-limbed for my tastes

But Laughing Buddha is just some big happy fat dude. How can he not make you smile? :D
2007-12-12, 5:53 AM #12
Buddha has mantits.

Still better than kissing other dudes like some guy we all know as JESUS.
2007-12-12, 9:04 AM #13
Originally posted by Recusant:
Laughing Buddha is my favourite religious icon and about the only one I'd actually like in my own home.
Jesus? Pshh too mopey and sad all nailed up there
Mohammed? ....oh, wait
Hindu deities? Too weird and multi-limbed for my tastes

But Laughing Buddha is just some big happy fat dude. How can he not make you smile? :D

Buddha does look like a nice guy. :awesomelon:
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2007-12-12, 9:48 AM #14
money needs to be banned. seriously, he's making fun of religious figures just to bait people and cause problems.

how is that not a reason for him to be banned?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-12-12, 9:59 AM #15
No, he's trying to prove that most religions are overly touchy.

The flying spaghetti monster has BALLS. :colbert:

o.0
2007-12-12, 10:11 AM #16
I wouldn't say calling Buddha fat is making fun of religious figures... everyone thinks of that fat figurine at first when they hear Buddha... tell me you don't think of Buddha as being a fatass. If you don't, then you're probably unique, and if you do, it's no big deal because it doesn't denigrate Buddhism in any way, and even if it did, a Buddhist would be better off, and happier, ignoring it.
2007-12-12, 10:28 AM #17
Do they really consider Buddha a deity? I thought he was just a neat man.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-12-12, 10:29 AM #18
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
money needs to be banned. seriously, he's making fun of religious figures just to bait people and cause problems.

because that's not the point of his thread. The point is that there are people like you out there, but none of them are Buddhist.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-12-12, 10:55 AM #19
More like MBuddha
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-12-12, 11:04 AM #20
Hahaha

MBuddha is fat
2007-12-12, 11:07 AM #21
As demonstrated in this picture, Shiva has two pairs of hands. But the question remains: which one does he prefer for self-pleasure? You decide.
Attachment: 17997/shiva.png (99,171 bytes)
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-12-12, 11:10 AM #22
I don't know, why don't you ask Kali, she seems like a happy enough goddess.

[http://www.balagokulam.org/images/la-kali.jpg]
2007-12-12, 11:11 AM #23
he?
2007-12-12, 11:17 AM #24
Yes, Shiva is a he. Forget Final Fantasy.

And anyway, the Buddha figure we always see is actually a folkloric Chinese kitchen god that has been adopted into Buddhism. The real Buddha, Siddhattha Gotama, was actually very skinny, since he was an ascetic Buddhist.
2007-12-12, 11:39 AM #25
I've always thought of the cone-headed Buddhas from Thailand and Burma when I hear the name.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Recusant/Krishna_confronts_Bhisma.jpg]
Krishna is the original emergency mechanic
2007-12-12, 11:41 AM #26
Hahahaha.
2007-12-12, 12:06 PM #27
Buddha lost more weight then your mom did on Jenny Craig
2007-12-12, 4:23 PM #28

I paid off the moderators. You want me banned, you gotta beat my price!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

!!!

!!

!

!!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!
2007-12-12, 4:24 PM #29

Naw money needs to be worshiped.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-12, 4:39 PM #30
At the risk of being a prude, I have to agree that this thread seems to only be encouraging bad things.

Also, I happen to be in the "minority" that doesn't see Buddha as the fat kind.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-12-12, 4:49 PM #31
Worshiping me is a fantastic deal. I don't require the blood of your firstborns or your virgins, and I won't strike you down in a fit of prepubescent rage.

On the other hand, I will provide roughly the same service as the gods, that is to say, I'll sit on my ***, probably eat a little beef jerky, shop at Piggly Wiggly, you know, the usual junk.
2007-12-12, 5:01 PM #32
Originally posted by Gebohq:
At the risk of being a prude, I have to agree that this thread seems to only be encouraging bad things.
If encouraging people to lighten up is a bad thing, yeah, I guess it's pretty terrible.

ANYHOWW

I'm dun talking about this silliness.
2007-12-12, 5:09 PM #33
Actually Buddha was originally supposed to be very thin and elongated. I don't know when the crossover to the chubby little man happened, I'm just getting this from my Art History classes, which were a long time ago so I don't really remember much on the subject. But still, they used to portray his... I guess holiness isn't a word but his divine-ness? I don't know, Whatever it is, it was originally portrayed by elongating everything, particularly his earlobes.

I like fat happy Buddha
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-12-12, 7:26 PM #34
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Do they really consider Buddha a deity? I thought he was just a neat man.

No, the majority of Buddhists do not see Gautama Buddha as a god.

And yes, he was pretty thin, because he had starved himself practically to death before realizing that was not a good idea.

Also, "ascetic Buddhist" is as absurd as "Satanic Christian" or "wine-guzzling Muslim."
:master::master::master:
2007-12-12, 7:30 PM #35

Because he's funny, intelligent, and his trolling is amusing. If you wanna ban anyone, ban someone who actually should be (and has been multiple times for his stupidity...not naming anyone.)

Originally posted by money•bie:
If encouraging people to lighten up is a bad thing, yeah, I guess it's pretty terrible.

ANYHOWW

I'm dun talking about this silliness.

Hah, get it, lighten up, enlightenment, buddha mcfatfat, it's all like one huge play on words.
D E A T H
2007-12-12, 7:43 PM #36
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Because he's funny, intelligent, and his trolling is amusing. If you wanna ban anyone, ban someone who actually should be (and has been multiple times for his stupidity...not naming anyone.).

That's horrible! You're saying that a member can break the rules as long as they're witty?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-12-12, 7:51 PM #37
Originally posted by Gebohq:
That's horrible! You're saying that a member can break the rules as long as they're witty?

Amusing is the wrong word. I should say, he reminds us all that the internet, much like life, shouldn't be taken as seriously as we sometimes do take it. He brings comedy to the situation a lot of times when it's needed.

I've seen his "trolling" so called, literally bring a flame war to nothing within 2 posts.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!