Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → looking for some old SP and MP JK maps
looking for some old SP and MP JK maps
2007-12-18, 1:25 PM #1
First of all, happy holidays! I am looking for two maps in particular that I remember playing years ago and I can't seem to locate them at Massassi or The CommandChamber. The SP map had 'Moldy Crow' in the title. Something like 'Tales From The Moldy Crow' or something like that. I believe Kyle was trying to locate the Crow was the plot of the map.

The MP map was set on a cramped spaceship. Lots of cool tight corridors and things and the play area was pretty small and well interconnected. I can't remember the name of the map at all. Both of these were really old maps made back in 1998 or so.

Anyway, Ive just come back to the fold because I relise that this is a very high quality game and has well stood the test of time and is still a ton of fun. Im enjoying all of these new addons particularly Birth and Tales of a Mercenary, Search for Leia, and Liberating Cloud City. Cloud City is especially breathtaking. Ive scoured Massassi and the Chamber pretty well grabbing the newer addons and the highly rated addons, but I would love more and I know there is more out there that's not on these two sites.

Can anyone here direct me towards a site that may have more or would be willing to upload them? I have MSN if you wouldnt mind sending any great stuff my way. Thanks
2007-12-18, 1:29 PM #2
I vaguely remember a Moldy Crow level like that... I might have it on some old CD, I'll check it out at some point.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-12-18, 1:43 PM #3
Well, here's at least one level with the theme of locating Moldy Crow.
2007-12-18, 4:08 PM #4
how about that multiplayer level with the bright flashy lights everywhere and the awesome trap rooms and the hilarious background music about star wars?
DO NOT WANT.
2007-12-19, 1:38 AM #5
MP level could be the old Deathstar level...

The gob I have dates to March '98. I don't really have any other spaceship-ish levels from 1998, but a few from 1999, so yell out if it's not the Deathstar.
Attachment: 18049/JSHOT004.jpg (80,347 bytes)
Attachment: 18050/JSHOT005.jpg (80,327 bytes)
2007-12-19, 5:33 AM #6
Originally posted by Zell:
how about that multiplayer level with the bright flashy lights everywhere and the awesome trap rooms and the hilarious background music about star wars?

Zell, I actaully started looking thru my Episode folder before I realized you were joking. :(
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2007-12-19, 5:54 AM #7
i have every sp jk/mots level downloaded (i'm a bit of a nut). the level you are probably referring too is the level linked previously. there are tonns of levels with the crow at the end of the map though, as though it's been repaired since the events in jedi knight. i'm guilty of this, as I resurrected it in the original Jedi Master - and the plot was to find the crow in that level
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2007-12-19, 11:05 AM #8
Thanks for the map Fastgamer, but it's not the one. The download was more like over 300 KB and it was pretty well received back in the day. It was a very early map pack with 'Moldy Crow' in the name I'm pretty sure. It had cutscenes and Kyle was in some Imperial installation.

Goit, the screenshot is definitely not from the level Im thinknig of. The ceilings were VERY low, it was dark, it definitely could not house tie fighters like in the screenshot, and it didn't have hallways like that. It felt like you were in some cramped, small shuttle and very small dimly lit rooms with many neat trap doors. I think it may have come out around the same time as the original Cardia. I got it when MP maps were coming out all the time and were posted nearly daily on the old JK Outpost site with the IP boards. This was before the release of MOTS.

By the way, Goit, I played some of your new map and it is very, very, nice! I'll get back to it, but I've been checking all the other great addons as well to take a look at everything. I've got a lot on my plate, but your addon is memorable and unique for sure. I'll write you up a better review on Massassi later after I finish it. Are you making any more maps?
2007-12-19, 11:07 AM #9
oh, Ive heard Dave McHale's stuff is good and would really like Zu'grin and Jack levels if possible.

Speaking of other old maps..

I seem to remember another SP map where you take control of C3P0 and was not Mechanics Of The Force, but something different.

Another MP map had a nightclub with 'Smack my ***** up' by Prodigy playing. Anyone have the name of that one?
2007-12-19, 11:26 AM #10
Originally posted by wangho:
Another MP map had a nightclub with 'Smack my ***** up' by Prodigy playing. Anyone have the name of that one?

wasn't it called nightclub? I remember playing it on the zone
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-12-19, 11:35 AM #11
Yeah, that was the Empire Night Club.

I actually remember quite a few "find the Moldy Crow" levels being released back in the day so I just picked up the first level I found. I might look more thoroughly at some point.
2007-12-19, 12:44 PM #12
Originally posted by wangho:
Goit, the screenshot is definitely not from the level Im thinknig of.

GHORG posted them screenshots :)

Cheers matey! The third level is the best by far. Oh yes another comment would be good! - no new levels planned though, I don't think I could match my last level at all.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2007-12-19, 12:48 PM #13
Also, that Death Star level was really good and enjoayble IMO. Even though it had textures ripped from MotS (probably why it isn't on Massassi).
2007-12-19, 3:39 PM #14
ok, as a matter of fact, I believe the Moldy Crow map you posted is actually the one I remembered after playing more of it. It's not as good as I remembered though and really pales in comparison to some of the later user-made stuff.

Empire Nightclub...I'll have to nab it again then. Thanks
2007-12-20, 3:38 AM #15
Sorry, I don't have it then. The original Cardia is the second oldest map I have (Jan 1998), the only one I have older is 'Big toys that go boom', which is Nov 1997 and I think was dos-edited...

There used to be a lot of older maps on Jedinights.org's file site, 3D-Downloads. but they turned into AtomicGamer.com and just threw all their JK levels into big zips, which isn't much help.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/gameFiles.php?id=2407

I haven't looked, but ENC was on the older site, so I'd imagine it'd be in the JK MP zip now, along with a lot of older JK maps that aren't on massassi. Otherwise I can email it to you if you want.
2007-12-20, 4:16 AM #16
Here's a link to Empire Nightclub:

http://binarydemons.com/jkserver/empclub.zip
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER

↑ Up to the top!