Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I would just like to point out...
I would just like to point out...
2007-12-20, 10:57 PM #1
That FarCry is an incredibly fun game.
2007-12-20, 11:15 PM #2
It's not so fun when those freaking monkey things kill you all the time. :argh:

I never beat it, because they were a pain in the ***.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-12-20, 11:20 PM #3
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
It's not so fun when those freaking monkey things kill you all the time. :argh:

I never beat it, because they were a pain in the ***.

I hate it when stupid crap like that keeps you from finishing a game, just by making it not fun anymore.

Like the Flood.
2007-12-20, 11:23 PM #4
I loath the flood. :mad:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-12-21, 5:29 AM #5
Pft... monkey things, not big deal... blast'em with the rifle in the head.. They aren't the least bit smart all you have to do is get somewhere high up.

Flood, seriously? They run stright at you and attack... it's like fighting a dog. The only flood that are cheap is the rocket launching ones... unlimited ammo + rockets + no will to live = deadly enemy.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-12-21, 5:31 AM #6
Only flood I ever had a problem with where the ones in Halo 3 that stick to the ceilings and shoot you.
2007-12-21, 6:23 AM #7
Farcry on the PC was incredibly fun.

Farcry on the Xbox 360 was complete ****.

This may not have anything to do with this thread, but...

Assassin's Creed :colbert:
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-12-21, 6:41 AM #8
Vengence on the Wii is my favorite

|:
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-12-21, 6:43 AM #9
The trick to beating the trigens, I found, is this:

1. Keep your weapons fully loaded at all times
2. Hope that when you see a trigen, they're at least 30 rounds away from you
3. Blast the crap out of them as they're running straight for you.
4. If there's 2 of them, a well-timed grenade throw will make your life a lot easier. You'll still probably run out of ammo on one gun and have to quickly switch to another to finish them both off though.
5. If there's 3 of them, the rocket launcher is a handy thing to have. Otherwise, try to find higher ground where you can pick them off one by one.

For the big mean rocket launcher trigens, just stay out of range of their melee attacks and dodge the rockets (their splash damage is pretty pitiful so this is easy), while hitting them with the heaviest weapons you have. Often near these guys you'll find a mounted machine gun or a vehicle with a mounted weapon that makes taking them out even easier.

For the last level in the volcano caldera where it's basically impossible to even carry enough ammo to kill everything, an office chair pushed under the bunker door will stop it from closing and allow you to go back in and resupply whenever you need to
Stuff
2007-12-21, 7:20 AM #10
Yknow whats probably a better game? Hitman:Blood Money.

SO EFFING FUN.
nope.
2007-12-21, 7:30 AM #11
I quite hated FarCry.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-21, 9:37 AM #12
I made it just past where you fight the doctor who's turned mutant and can take over ten fifty caliber rounds to the head and is protected by all those elite troops. I beat him once and then the game bugged right after that part forcing me to do it all over again. I could never kill him again, but I think that was right near the end.

Wicked hard game. I remember not even being able to see the head of a very much still alive rocket trigen because there were some many bullet hit sprites on his head.
2007-12-21, 9:45 AM #13
I just played the demo. It's kind of cool, you get to stalk through the jungle and get all Vietnam on mercenaries and stuff but some parts fall short:

You seem to be completely invisible when prone in bushes. The mercs will scream "let's flush him out!" and then run right in front of you.

The coastal areas look good, but the inner jungle doesn't have enough foliage to be convincing.

No quick save. Thanks, developers.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-12-21, 10:03 AM #14
Dammit do I hate the ones with a rocket launcher. Especially on the volcano level where you face nearly a dozen of them who all have pinpoint accuracy and are almost capable of hitting you simultaneously. Vehicle? VEHICLE?! That two bit buggy won't last five seconds against them! And did I mention that they soak up as much damage as an armored vehicle? That's really the only actual nitpick I have against Far Cry. I liked everything else...

Quote:
The coastal areas look good, but the inner jungle doesn't have enough foliage to be convincing.

That's why they invented Crysis.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-12-21, 11:10 AM #15
Originally posted by Tracer:
No quick save. Thanks, developers.

It's been a while since I've played it but I'm pretty sure they fixed that in the patch(es).
2007-12-21, 11:16 AM #16
Nope. They did it like that on purpose, probably so it'd be harder. I like not having quicksaves.
2007-12-21, 11:23 AM #17
I think Crytek biggest problem is that they think harder enemies means enemies that can soak up as much damage as a main battle tank. That really doesn't play well with the gameplay style they've created. More and smarter enemies would have made both Far Cry and Crysis much better games at higher settings.
2007-12-21, 12:57 PM #18
That reminds me of my frustration with Medal of Honour:Allied Assault. The soldiers weren't smarter, better armed or more numerous particularly, they could simply take more punishment.
The number of times I'd shoot a guy in the face only to watch him get up, shake his head and pick up his gun again was ridiculous
2007-12-21, 1:14 PM #19
Yeah, I am not really enjoying the grueling playthrough of Crysis because of how many bullets to the head that the enemy can soak.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-21, 1:27 PM #20
It's not that the flood are challenging, it's just so tedious.
2007-12-21, 1:38 PM #21
Originally posted by Recusant:
That reminds me of my frustration with Medal of Honour:Allied Assault. The soldiers weren't smarter, better armed or more numerous particularly, they could simply take more punishment.
The number of times I'd shoot a guy in the face only to watch him get up, shake his head and pick up his gun again was ridiculous

Crytek games would be better if they even did that. The just grunt and keep shooting at you.
2007-12-22, 6:44 AM #22
I liked Far Cry, but I never got to finish it because at a certain point in the game (fairly near the end) it would keep crashing going through the loading point for the next level.

My favourite memory of that game was running through the night time level right after the trigens had been released. That little meter that shows when you've been spotted shot straight up, so I dived into a nearby bush and went prone. Scanning around for what had seen me, I turned 180 degrees and thought to myself, "I don't remember a tree being there". I looked up and there was one of the big guys with a rocket launcher standing over me trying to see where I'd gone. Scared the crap out of me!
2007-12-22, 7:46 AM #23
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I think Crytek biggest problem is that they think harder enemies means enemies that can soak up as much damage as a main battle tank. That really doesn't play well with the gameplay style they've created. More and smarter enemies would have made both Far Cry and Crysis much better games at higher settings.

My thoughts exactly. Playing the Crysis demo I thought the normal setting wasn't especially challenging with a tricked out nano suit, so I tried it on delta. A regular soldier takes something like seven hits close range from an AK and shrugs it off but I drop in three even with my fancy bullet-stopping nano suit. What the hell?

↑ Up to the top!