Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A Music Software Program
A Music Software Program
2007-12-24, 8:53 AM #1
I am look for a good music software program for my brother. He has the Reason program but want something else better and a more professionalism for his job. I hear that a Fruity Loopy studio is an excellent program by friend I have. Is it a good choice for professional work he did?
2007-12-24, 9:37 AM #2
"music software program" is pretty vague. What do you want it to do?

Oh and.. Who are you?!
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-12-24, 10:06 AM #3
If you want to do professional work it doesn't really matter, the quality of work you put IN to the program is the determining factor in the result.

That said, Reason is considered very professional, FruityLoops somewhat less so. But 9th Wonder uses FruityLoops and makes many dollars. I do also.
2007-12-24, 11:03 AM #4
I never really cared for Reason...

But if he uses it and is good with it, then there's not much of a reason to get FL.
2007-12-24, 1:08 PM #5
Ableton Live.

IMO, until reason has VST support it is a cool toy. Unless they put it in and I haven't heard.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-12-24, 3:14 PM #6
What thrawn said. Reason is very definitely a professional-grade program, and if he has it already maybe you could look into a useful program to go with Reason, like Recycle 2.1. Or a nice MIDI controller, like the Korg padKONTROL.
2007-12-24, 6:42 PM #7
Try Protools or Logic
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2007-12-25, 1:47 AM #8
Yeah, definitely Pro Tools.. for well, professionalism at it's best. Quite expensive though.
Mmmm.
2007-12-25, 2:23 PM #9
Reason doesn't have VST support? *snort*
2007-12-25, 10:45 PM #10
Adobe Audition is pretty good. I havent got a mac so i cant use all those other better programs.
Take that there and put it in here

↑ Up to the top!