Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This year's Guy lights his house to Transiberian Orchestra is...
This year's Guy lights his house to Transiberian Orchestra is...
2007-12-24, 10:30 AM #1

in florida?
interesting.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-12-24, 11:21 AM #2
Eh. Last year's was better, and better-timed.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-12-24, 12:51 PM #3
Wait.... does he seriously have a sign that says "Jesus: The reason for the season"?

... Jesus wasn't born in December. Christmas commemorates an event that didn't happen when the holiday says it did. And furthermore, I was under the distinct impression, in THIS country at least, that the reason for the season wasn't Jesus. It was capitalism. The Christmas shopping season starts practically the first of November for crying out loud.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-12-24, 12:51 PM #4
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
The Christmas shopping season starts practically the first of November for crying out loud.

December 26th.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-12-24, 1:12 PM #5
If I lived next door, I *would* have to kill him.

Or, better yet, not kill him -- lock in in a room filled with strobe lights that fire alternatively for the rest of his life.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-12-24, 1:21 PM #6
you people are a bunch of killjoys
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-12-24, 1:49 PM #7
Wait.... does he seriously have a sign that says "Jesus: The reason for the season"?

... Jesus wasn't born in December. Christmas commemorates an event that didn't happen when the holiday says it did. And furthermore, I was under the distinct impression, in THIS country at least, that the reason for the season wasn't Jesus. It was capitalism. The Christmas shopping season starts practically the first of November for crying out loud.

It doesn't matter when Jesus was born. It's considered a celebration of the birth of christ. Jesus IS the reason for the season. Don't be a moron.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-12-24, 2:39 PM #8
Originally posted by SAJN:
It doesn't matter when Jesus was born. It's considered a celebration of the birth of christ. Jesus IS the reason for the season. Don't be a moron.

Don't be a moron?

You realize you're celebrating a birthday on a day that ISN'T his birthday. Right? Isn't that just a little retarded?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-12-24, 2:54 PM #9
What? Do you propose moving a national holiday to march?
Good luck.
2007-12-24, 3:46 PM #10
Originally posted by SAJN:

To be fair, the celebration has been around much longer than Christianity, which no less appropriated it than modern-day capitalism/consumerism did.
I'm just a little boy.
2007-12-24, 3:49 PM #11
The Christmas shopping season starts practically the first of November for crying out loud.

officially black friday is the start of the christmas shopping season
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-12-24, 4:02 PM #12
Let's all agree to knock off Florida into the Caribbean
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-24, 4:44 PM #13
You realize you're celebrating a birthday on a day that ISN'T his birthday. Right? Isn't that just a little retarded?

If you don't know the specific date, then why not pick a day that makes it easier for non-Catholics to convert? :eng101:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-12-24, 5:27 PM #14
So... the only thing that bothers me is that its the same song. Where's the variety in that?
2007-12-24, 9:15 PM #15
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
officially black friday is the start of the christmas shopping season

Officially. But stores are decked out practically the moment Halloween is over.
Last Stand
2007-12-24, 10:33 PM #16
Dude, it's Christmas. Can we not just chill out and try to be, oh I don't know, happy? Lighten up a little.

I swear, everyone's a killjoy.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-12-24, 10:40 PM #17
joy deserves to die, just like buzz.
people are depressed around christmas, and what does misery love?
Cyclops was right
2007-12-24, 10:40 PM #18
Agreed, can't go one Christmas thread without someone ranting about the logistics of the holiday.

:psyduck:

The much better point was that this was the same song as the guy who did it the other year. That's kind of lame...
2007-12-25, 8:55 AM #19
Officially. But stores are decked out practically the moment Halloween is over.

whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!