Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Got an iPhone?
Got an iPhone?
2007-12-25, 5:25 PM #1
Well then,

How would you like to join the holiday spirit and help a fellow Massassian take his Led Zeppelin music from his computer and convert them to ringtones? (using OSX)
2007-12-25, 5:30 PM #2
All you need is something to split the mp3s into short segments.
Pissed Off?
2007-12-25, 5:33 PM #3
'Immigrant Song' makes an excellent ringtone.

Edit: For what its worth
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-12-25, 6:07 PM #4
If you have GarageBand, it's painfully simple. Kinda annoying that Apple hasn't released an official way to do it for free in Windows.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307108
2007-12-25, 7:54 PM #5
Actually, you need a specific file extension (.m4r) and simply renaming it does not do the trick. Also, the Garage Band needed is version 4, I have 3.0.5.
2007-12-25, 7:58 PM #6
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

This is what you need.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-12-25, 8:06 PM #7
Originally posted by ZoSo729:
Actually, you need a specific file extension (.m4r) and simply renaming it does not do the trick. Also, the Garage Band needed is version 4, I have 3.0.5.

Has to be an AAC (.m4a extension) file for it to work. Once you've encoded the file as an AAC, renaming .m4a to .m4r will work. Also needs to be short enough, because ringtones longer than like 30 seconds (not sure the exact limit, but it's somewhere around there) don't sync properly it seems. Then you just add it to itunes, it should show up in the ringtones section, make sure you have ringtones set to sync, and then sync, and it should work.

Here's a nice Mac-oriented walkthrough detailing it all. This process should work. (At least I know it works with iTunes 7.5 and iPhone firmware 1.1.2.)

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=414
2007-12-25, 8:21 PM #8
I don't see why one has to have an iPhone to help. :P

I like that Apple finally allowed people to make their own. Mine is the Office theme right now. >_>
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-12-26, 12:48 AM #9

Thats it. There were about 50 of those descriptions floating around the internet, but they omitted the step of actually deleting the original ringtone clip, otherwise the system detects it and knows you are trying to sidestep their $.99. I honestly don't understand Apple's new vigilante missions against their consumers in trying to maximize on partnership deals wherever they can find them.
2007-12-26, 4:36 AM #10
...I honestly don't understand Apple's new vigilante missions against their consumers in trying to maximize on partnership deals wherever they can find them.

And a one, and a two...
Quote:
Money, get away.
Get a good job with good pay and youre okay.
Money, its a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think Ill buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
Im all right jack keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, its a hit.
Dont give me that do goody good bull****.
Im in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a lear jet.

Money, its a crime.
Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that theyre
Giving none away.
2007-12-27, 9:09 PM #11
....Kill Yourself.

Has anybody who has done this figured out the best Equalizer setting to use?
2007-12-27, 9:45 PM #12
....Kill Yourself.

Ok. :suicide:
2007-12-27, 9:46 PM #13
Originally posted by gbk:
And a one, and a two...

*looks at post*
*looks at signature*
You sure do like Pink Floyd, huh? :awesome:
Not it is a problem at all. :P
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-12-27, 10:00 PM #14
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
You sure do like Pink Floyd, huh? :awesome:

Guilty as charged.

↑ Up to the top!