Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → AVPR: Torn Open (In more ways than one)
AVPR: Torn Open (In more ways than one)
2007-12-28, 9:13 PM #1
Well, I just saw AVPR. It was alright. A lot more action than the first one. Actually felt like an AVP movie. Somethings could have been done better and in my opinion, somethings could have been left unseen. Anybody else see it and have my reaction?

Edit

yes, I know its not much, but I gotta digest some of the things I've seen. Its only the 2nd movie where I had to avert my eyes.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2007-12-29, 4:02 AM #2
I like the AvP franchise a LOT, and have waited for this movie since the first one (which sadly I didn't enjoy as much as I had hoped.) As you said, I really appreciate the much needed action boost, and the fact of it being "alright." In my opinion the setting just wasn't right. If these creatures are to be fighting on earth, it should be in the future, and involve a much larger area than a small Colorado town with a 81230 zip code (slaps forhead.)

As for things that could have been left unseen. I could have done without the parts involving the pregnant women: unnecessary, not cool, and a fair degree disgusting.

One thing though I wish I could have seen more of was the Predalien, arguably the point of the movie's creation.

Plus the pacing/editing was strange.

At least the creatures acted as they should. Though some alien fans may say they acted a little too much like mindless insects.
2007-12-29, 6:27 AM #3
They should have set them in the future like the AvP games, would have been way cooler.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-12-29, 2:19 PM #4
Originally posted by Emon:
They should have set them in the future like the AvP games, would have been way cooler.

THIS
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2007-12-29, 4:22 PM #5
I went with hardly any expectations. Which helped me enjoy it more than I would have if I'd been reading up on it and such.

But I agree with the folks who said a futuristic setting would have been much more appropriate.

And the baby eating, I didn't even think you could get away with that in movies these days. :psyduck:
My blawgh.

↑ Up to the top!