Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Broken laptop screen
Broken laptop screen
2007-12-29, 1:58 PM #1
Well my 14.1" cracked after tripping on it and I don't know what to do.

I was thinking of buying another one but I don't really know if it is worth it.

I know how to disconnect it and the remaining body of my laptop still works perfectly.

Maybe I should get a nice LCD monitor and connect it to that?

Suggestions please.
Back again
2007-12-29, 2:00 PM #2
Get a big 23.5" wide screen. I can't believe how small of a monitor I used to use. I went over to my friends and played on his 14, and I almost cried. Impossible to enjoy anything.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-29, 2:30 PM #3
I had to replace the screen of my last laptop. I just bought one from Dell and replaced it myself.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-12-30, 12:42 PM #4
If it's not covered by warranty, you can probably just buy a replacement screen for around $150 and switch it out yourself. This recently happened to me.
2007-12-30, 12:43 PM #5
unless you never use the thing portably, you could get a nice monitor... but if you take it anywhere you may as well just take the dive and replace it.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-12-30, 12:48 PM #6
I suggest taking better care of your belongings.
2007-12-31, 3:02 PM #7
Originally posted by Warlord:
If it's not covered by warranty, you can probably just buy a replacement screen for around $150 and switch it out yourself. This recently happened to me.

Mine was $700 through Dell :(
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-12-31, 3:04 PM #8
Yeah, ebay is probably the way to go.
2007-12-31, 8:29 PM #9
I had to replace mine about 6 months ago. Bought mine off eBay for about $130 and replaced it myself. The only problem with mine is that it's from a newer model Inspiron 6000 and doesn't respond to the darkening/brightening buttons on my laptop, but since I don;t use them it's not really that much of a problem.

You should be able to find how to disassemble the laptop to get to the screen. Either from the Vendor or Youtube usually has some videos on it.
2007-12-31, 8:55 PM #10
Should have bought a toughbook.

Or taken ballet.

Or both and not leave your **** on the floor. You are not a cool messy hacker.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!