Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → National Smoking Day
National Smoking Day
2008-01-03, 7:45 PM #81
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Yeah, and alcohol has more of a chance of inducing psychosis anyways.

It does? :confused: I've never heard of that.

So what if you go through a few hours of an episode? Stop smoking, take a day off, something, it's not like it's addictive anyways (well not physically).

Well I don't know the details but I imagine if you have a psychotic episode from smoking marijuana it may not be a good idea to try it again.

Anyways it's hardly a big deal, especially considering all the positive effects it has. Not many drugs, of any type, can really claim to do some much but only, in some rare cases, cause one symptom, which we aren't even really sure about anyway.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-01-03, 8:04 PM #82
Originally posted by Emon:
It does? :confused: I've never heard of that.

I've heard it quite a few places--I may be incorrect in that but I'll have to check. Some other time.

Well I don't know the details but I imagine if you have a psychotic episode from smoking marijuana it may not be a good idea to try it again.

Depends. Do you have a history of mental illness? Does your family? Did you smoke a LOT? Did you barely smoke? Lots of factors to consider, including: stress and anxiety levels, drugs you may be on along with it (benzodiazapines do weird ****, antidepressants, other drugs that can **** with your brain chemistry) both legal and illegal...lots of things to consider.

Anyways it's hardly a big deal, especially considering all the positive effects it has. Not many drugs, of any type, can really claim to do some much but only, in some rare cases, cause one symptom, which we aren't even really sure about anyway.

Agreed. Helps cancer, helps reverse the effects of alzheimers...**** there's a lot of things it does for the human body that people don't realize. "But it has tar blah blah"--okay then, bake it or vaporize it. Put it in milk, beer, hell there are a lot of ways to ingest marijuana without smoking it. Smoking is just the second-most effective and first-most convenient, quickest way. Vaporizing should be a consideration to anyone who doesn't wanna mess with carcinogens, tar, etc.
D E A T H
2008-01-03, 8:11 PM #83
Depends. Do you have a history of mental illness? Does your family? Did you smoke a LOT? Did you barely smoke? Lots of factors to consider, including: stress and anxiety levels, drugs you may be on along with it (benzodiazapines do weird ****, antidepressants, other drugs that can **** with your brain chemistry) both legal and illegal...lots of things to consider.

Well right, of course, I'm just saying, I think a psychotic episode would be a pretty scary thing and if I had one once I would be very weary about smoking again any time soon.

Edit: Oh for the alcohol psychosis thing, you maybe thinking of certain drug interactions.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!