Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wait what? I don't get it...
Wait what? I don't get it...
2007-12-30, 2:48 PM #1
I don't get this. Viral marketing or another myspace fad? .. .. .. Or both?

http://alexandervill.myminicity.com/
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2007-12-30, 3:34 PM #2
It's just like any other "vampire" game, this one's just a little more complex in that there's a graphical representation of your ability to get people to click on your spam link.

I've banned it on Kongregate.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-30, 4:53 PM #3
So thats all it is? Just something to get people to click on it?

Whats Kongregate?
2007-12-30, 4:58 PM #4
Click on it and find out. :ninja:
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-12-30, 5:03 PM #5
Buy Com?
2007-12-30, 8:14 PM #6
Kongregate is a gaming website that I am a moderator on. People tried to start up groups for this game, and I banned it because it's just a marketing click scheme.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-30, 8:42 PM #7
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Buy Com?

Corn. Khhooooorrrrnnn.

[EDIT: Visit my humble little shack and help turn it into a fantastically marvelous city! :neckbeard:]
DO NOT WANT.
2007-12-31, 1:36 AM #8
Thanks Zell.
2007-12-31, 4:57 AM #9
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Kongregate is a gaming website that I am a moderator on. People tried to start up groups for this game, and I banned it because it's just a marketing click scheme.

Even a cursory examination of the page would reveal that the only ads it serves are links to other free online games by the same author. On the same note, a cursory examination of Kongregate reveals 300x250 flash ads with sound so I think you might be a little confused about exactly which site is a "click scheme." In fact I would argue at length and to great detail about how terrible you are at moderating except I'm running late for work and will not be able to continue pointing out your obvious incompetence until the beginning of next year.
2007-12-31, 5:45 AM #10
i love joncy. also someone should ban pectabyte for misleading us and making a **** thread
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-12-31, 7:43 AM #11
You have no idea how well I moderate, Jon. You've gone from insightful commentary to major assumptions lately. You've based the last 3 threads' opinion of me things I've done and said a year or more ago. Please stop bothering me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-12-31, 10:14 AM #12
Originally posted by pectabyte:
Thanks Zell.

You're welcome? :tinfoil:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-12-31, 10:22 AM #13
Originally posted by NoESC:
i love joncy. also someone should ban pectabyte for misleading us and making a **** thread

Yeah, I think he is trying to get more people on his page so he could make his stupid little e-city bigger and better. Stop trying to act so innocent.
Back again
2007-12-31, 10:23 AM #14
Originally posted by Zell:
Khhooooorrrrnnn.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/Cmd598/khorne.jpg

Yes?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-01-01, 2:04 AM #15
Actually honestly someone linked me to it and I got excited thinking it was like a flash version of Sim City. When I then realized I had no idea what it was the person who linked me said to post it on a forum somewhere and ask. Forgive me while I go set him on fire.

↑ Up to the top!