Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Navy Seal breaks some bones (all of them)
Navy Seal breaks some bones (all of them)
2008-01-01, 5:26 PM #1
Yeah... he fell 3000 feet to the ground in free fall mode after his HALO buddy drafted into his wake and took out his chute.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/news-article.aspx?storyid=96641

Now he runs triathalons... inspiration for kirby ;)
2008-01-01, 5:29 PM #2
But he didn't get paralyzed did he?

Plus he isn't a midget :P (not saying midgets can't run triathlons)
Back again
2008-01-01, 5:30 PM #3
well when he awoke he couldn't even swallow... so i don't know the details but I imagine they figured he was paralyzed.
2008-01-01, 5:59 PM #4
That's incredible.
Pissed Off?
2008-01-01, 6:12 PM #5
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
But he didn't get paralyzed did he?

Plus he isn't a midget :P (not saying midgets can't run triathlons)

I don't think their feet can touch the pedals.
nope.
2008-01-01, 6:16 PM #6
I really can't 'fathom' the kind of come back he went through. But being in a coma for 6 months is not a joke, atrophy, tubes, the 6 months of your life gone.... amazing that this stuff is possible. I would attribute a success story like this to will alone. The guy obviously had some serious willpower just making it as a SEAL alone, and then to be back at it and a physical trainer running triathalons (i tried the army equiv called the 'iron eagle challenge' lol i totally about hacked a lung and I am in the best shape of my life... I can do endurance, I can't do ultra-endurance.) It really makes you wonder what we are capable of given the variables that factor into our own lives.
2008-01-01, 6:20 PM #7
haha, speaking of midgets...

in my basic training we had 2 guys both 4' 10". Both 18 years old. Both could do easily 100 push-ups in 2 minutes. The one kid, he was also a runner, could do 2 miles in 11:00 minutes. We all called him mighty mouse. He got an M4 to as his weapon while we all had m16a4's. The other kid couldn't run. They were both the same build though, it was quite amazing to see such tiny dudes be such PT studs.
2008-01-01, 6:26 PM #8
Nobody expects to get there *** handed to them by a midget.
2008-01-01, 6:32 PM #9
I remember when I first saw them I was like... are you kidding me (I was a stoner-type and thought it was the craziest thing to ever see.) Then we did our initial PT test and both kids could do insane amount of push-ups because they were shorter but still had about same shoulder build as me. So it would be like me doing push ups on my knees. When running though, I would be going balls out (my fastest 2 mile is a 12:20) and his little feet would go wheelin on past me and I would cuss under my breath. You usually know the skinny long legged guys have an advantage for strides over distance but this kid could just turn it on and not stop.
2008-01-01, 6:44 PM #10
Originally posted by SoldierSnoop:
...it was quite amazing to see such tiny dudes be such PT studs.

Yeah, there's a "golden ratio" (if you will) of physical builds and APFT scores approaching 300. Medium/small-built, lean bodies excel at body-weight-resistance strength endurance tests. It's why most Ranger candidates have very similar builds, right around 5'6"-5'9" and 145lbs-170lbs, they tend to naturally be the guys that can pull themselves through the Darby Queen and then head off for another 6 weeks chock full of wick-fun Hooah(TM)*

* - See also: Masochists' fantasy.

[Edit - That story is pretty ****ing amazing though. The sheer will to wake up after 6 months, your entire body aching as bones are still trying to realign themselves, and to decide to not only begin walking again, but to try to regain a physical condition comparable to your former SOCOM level, that's the definition of resilient.]
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-01-02, 8:32 AM #11
Now that's a MCLMM, He's Superfly TNT, he's the Guns of the Navarone....

I can't do pushups for ****. I mean I can do a lot but I really have to do a lot of work to keep my numbers up. But hey, there is a price with being 6'2" and pretty like me.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-01-02, 8:33 AM #12
SoldierSnoop posts a crap thread (all of them) - The Massassi Temple: Forums
2008-01-02, 2:17 PM #13
o rly?

↑ Up to the top!