Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I am destined for doom 3...
I am destined for doom 3...
2004-08-02, 7:47 PM #1
Fate is bringing me closer to doom 3...as you can see by my experiences today destiny seems to be bringing us closer together...

/sarcasm.

______

So I pre-order Doom 3 at best buy. Inside the box are 2 coupons for 10 bucks off a Nvidia card, 10 bucks off a wolfenstein game, a cardboard paper thing, and a ripped (literally) poster for Doom 3. Unfortunately there was no official Doom 3 figurine.

So...not terribly mad about this, I'm glad that I have a reserved copy just in case everyone there before me...though not garunteed, I feel better.

So, I come back about 6 hours later to buy a Nvidia card and to ask for a new figurine. I get the figurine, luckily they don't give me some "check the manufacturer" bs, and I bring up a nvidia 5700LE FX (geforce), it's pre-used, 160 bucks instead of 180. I ask to use my $10 card because it doesn't have this particular model, I follow guy to guy to guy and finally determine that despite it's the wrong model and the coupon expired 3 months ago, they will allow me to buy it. So I do, I bring it home, and it doesn't work. Figures, right? The card brings up no video whatsoever to the monitor.

I return it, explain that "this doom 3 case had a coupon that gave me 10 bucks off" and the lady's like "you shouldn't have gotten Doom3 with this video card purchase" and I slowly explain that I got the coupon FROM the purchase of the Doom 3 preorder and I want the coupon back from the video card purchase. After 10-15ish minutes, It's returned, but they don't have another card I can buy...at least not a Nvidia, they're all gone by this time. She wants me to buy something form this store and I tell her "theres nothing here I want" so she says we can mail order your check to you. Eventually they just hand me my check back that I wrote for the video card earlier in the day.

I go to the next city over's location, I find the exact same card as before, in a new box. As I look at the box, I realize "I don't have proof of the coupon...I won't get my 10 bucks off." So I go to the counter with my doom3 preorder, my receipt for doom3, and a receit showing 10 dollars back...but it doesn't say what for. I explain the situation to the lady at the counter, from A to C, and she says she needs the receipt of the purchase of the other nvidia card, the used card that I returned at the previous store, which showed that I used a coupon for $10 off, in order to use a $10 discount for THIS NEW card. SO...I ask her to call the other store because they didn't give me my receipt back or my $10. She tries, no one picks up. She tells me "you can go back to the other store, but they probably threw the receipt away, they usually do by now"

So...I buy the new Nvidia card, in the new box, for full price, at the alternate store.

I then go back to the first store...for about the 4th time today, and ask for my receipt. They tell me "we don't have it." I ask for the coupon, they then dig through and find it in a register, and say "oh, but this coupon expired...you can't use it." I say," well, you let me use it here, shouldn't I be able to use it there?" They say "that's only because we let it slide, we allowed it, the other store has to let it slide." I say "well, I can try can't I?"

It's now about 8:00 PM...I bought the first used card around 3:00PM. I drove back to the alternate store, where I purchased the new (as in not used) video card. I find the lady who sent me back to the first store, the one who needed the receipt with proof of a coupon use. Instead I have my coupon. Another girl takes a look at it, sees a signiture of a guy at the other store saying "certified by James" and puts 10 bucks back on my credit/visa/account.

I spent about 5 hours today trying to get 10 bucks, and i did it. Damn I felt proud when I walked out of that store...

And I have to wait about 2 extra days till I actually get Doom 3, but I get to enjoy the videocard and my free copy of Battlefield 1942 in the meantime [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2004-08-03, 4:31 AM #2
Newegg > *

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-03, 5:43 AM #3
I think the admins are gonna have to make a rule banning Doom 3 threads pretty soon. Either that are just make one huge, general purpose Doom 3 thread.
2004-08-03, 5:55 AM #4
You know, you probably spent more than 10$ in gas from travelling stores.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-03, 8:20 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
You know, you probably spent more than 10$ in gas from travelling stores.

</font>

I was thinking the same thing...

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-03, 2:01 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Newegg > *

</font>

Quoted for truth.

------------------
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/

↑ Up to the top!