Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Terrorism - Are you expecting it before election day?
Terrorism - Are you expecting it before election day?
2004-08-02, 4:03 AM #1
Are you expecting Terrorism before election day? It seems that for many of my neighbors, each day that goes by is considered a blessing that Terrorism did not occur. I don't know how I feel, but reading an article on CNN has made me sort of skeptical.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/08/02/terror.threat/index.html

I have yet to see an article which has detailed "terrorist plans" so vividly, even if it is somewhat vague. Living so close to New York recently has not been as beneficial as it used to be...

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder

[This message has been edited by Eversor (edited August 02, 2004).]
former entrepreneur
2004-08-02, 4:08 AM #2
Haha.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-02, 4:11 AM #3
Well, the info came from a captured Al-Qaeda computer engineer that transferred a lot of coded Al-Qaeda plans or something to that effect. Coming up with hardcore details with regards to an attack can be rather hard.

Detailing specific places of attack is the most I expect. I think any details on how the attacks will be carried out will just cause panic.

Edit: Kirby, please tell us what you find funny here because I sure as hell don't see anything.

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited August 02, 2004).]
2004-08-02, 4:24 AM #4
We Americans are so freaking paranoid. If they want to attack us, they will. Worrying about it isn't going to stop it, and our government can't do a damn thing about it. There are too many possible things that could be done to attack America. That's what's so beautiful about America: Freedom. One day, that's going to catch up with us. You just can't stop a man from getting in his car with a bomb and blowing himself and it up in front of a building. He's going to find a way to get into America (if he already isn't), get that bomb (if he already doesn't have it), and blow us the **** up. Stop worrying about it, if it happens, it WILL happen.

Besides, we're a little obsessed with ourselves. We assume everyone's out there to get us. About the only way we'll see a terrorist attack is if it's good for the Republican Party's campaign promises.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-02, 4:47 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We Americans are so freaking paranoid. If they want to attack us, they will. Worrying about it isn't going to stop it, and our government can't do a damn thing about it.</font>
I'm more of that state of mind. Instead of putting so much extra energy and resources in doing little asinine("heightened security" and what not) things that aren't helpful, realistic, or just waste peoples time, we just need to make an example out of whoever attacks us(and I mean actually blows our people up or something). Some terrorist cell wants to attack us? Fine, but you better make it damn good because we are going to hunt you down and kill you. Then we are going to hunt down all those that helped you and kill them too. Basically it boils down to this: You wanna **** with us and kill our people? Fine. But we'll **** you up twice as much.

But that's just me.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 02, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-02, 4:56 AM #6
Kerian speaks some truth, but I don't think blind revenge is a good idea. I also don't think blowing entire cities to oblivian is also a good idea. I think we should go back to the fun days of public flogging. I could go for a good flogging right now. Where's imsoshort when you actually want to endure him?

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-02, 4:59 AM #7
I'm not talking about cruise missles and tanks(unless it was a government backing a terroist cell or that did the attack). I'm talking snipers, green berets, and CIA operatives with piano wire. Occasionally it might be nice to shove a rocket into the car some terrorist guy is driving though.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-02, 4:59 AM #8
Erotic.

------------------
Friends is over. Kill yourself.
Friends is over. Kill yourself.
2004-08-02, 5:02 AM #9
Personally, I try not live in a perpetual state of paranoia.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-02, 7:02 AM #10
Al-Qaeda has computers?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-02, 8:21 AM #11
Kieran is right, but I want to take it a step further. We should turn each terrorist we find into a fine powdery organic residue and then sell it as animal feed.

Pigs will eat anything, after all.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 02, 2004).]
2004-08-02, 8:31 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Quote:
Basically it boils down to this: You wanna **** with us and kill our people? Fine. But we'll **** you up twice as much.

But that's just me.
</font>
That's just me too. This country may be vulnerable to terrorists, but it isn't defensless. We can't stop them,
but if they try anthing, we can give 'em hell.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-08-02, 8:48 AM #13
You are more likely to be killed in a car accident than any terrorist action. You don't lose any sleep about the fear of getting run over, do you?

If something were to happen before elections, I'm certain that both parties would do their utmost to fish for the voting public's sentiment, putting the pressure off of other issues such as taxation, health-care, education, or what have you. Trying to stir up an emotional, spur of the moment vote, rather than a rational well though out one.

------------------
Worth a million in prizes, baby.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-08-02, 1:07 PM #14
I think America also needs to think outside its own borders - belive it or not her Allies (like us in Britain) are nice juicy targets as well, and let us not forget Madrid and so on - America isn't the only nation that's unsafe, but I agree with jEDIkIRBY - if something's going to happen, there probably isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

[This message has been edited by Gee_4ce (edited August 02, 2004).]
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-02, 1:30 PM #15
I think Winston Churchill said something like..

"America is like a boiler: if you put a fire under it, there's no extent to the amount of heat it can generate."

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited August 02, 2004).]
2004-08-02, 3:31 PM #16
I guess I kind of hijacked my own thread from the begining.

Do you expect Terrorism to occur? Regardless on how you should feel about it, do you think it'll happen?

------------------

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-08-02, 5:33 PM #17
Nope, they're already effecting us enough with making people so paranoid.

The sad thing is though if we start to get lax on it then we'll get lazy. However if we try to stop it we're overactive, theres no middle ground and it's annoying!

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-02, 5:47 PM #18
I'm certain they would like to, and are probably looking at ways to. They were able to affect Spains elections, and have affected other countries in pulling troops out of Iraq, so thats given them the idea that they can shape politics the way they want with these sort of tactics.

------------------
Wisdom is the correct application of knowledge.
Life is beautiful.
2004-08-02, 9:42 PM #19
Of course terrorism will occur. It always has.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-08-02, 10:58 PM #20
Yeah man I'm expecting it RIGHT before election day so that Bush and Cheney and Halliburton will have an excuse to cancel the elections and make themselves rulers of fashist Amerikkka(lol like the kkk). This has all happened before man remember like in Naci Germany with Hitler?
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-03, 6:40 AM #21
Rogue is right. With spain pulling out, and their elections being effected, the 'terrorists' are getting exactly what they want: Control.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-03, 6:43 AM #22
And the fat, pink one will come to save us all!
2004-08-03, 6:46 AM #23
Sines rite Bush has secret weapins in the white hoouse i read it on geocities.com/assassinatebush lol

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-03, 6:48 AM #24
I wanna see a superlaser.
2004-08-03, 6:52 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
And the fat, pink one will come to save us all!</font>

at least it wont be a tall, big jawed one.

who knows? i'm gonna say no, because terrorist do have to scramble to get into this country now.

it would be better for a terrorist to hit small cities. Have many symatanolus car boms go off across country at say, post offices, and elementry schools, or random polling locations. Forget about the big cities. if you want controll, you have to send the message that "were here, were everywhere, and we know how to hert you".

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-03, 8:48 AM #26
Please, terrorists, hert china instead.

Why do anything in small towns? Attacking the cattle industry with poison or disease would be a much better option.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-03, 9:15 AM #27
since when was "hurt" changed to "hert"? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-08-03, 9:37 AM #28
Since 9:52 this morning...

------------------
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-03, 11:21 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
And the fat, pink one will come to save us all!</font>

<3 But you forgot my lightsaber.

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-03, 11:53 AM #30
I'm not really expecting "anything." Being on a state of alert when the government says so isn't going to make terrorists have a harder time to hert me more. Sure I look at people more and watch for dropped and discarded packages, but that's what I have been doing since 9/11.

Personally, I think there will be an attack sometime in the next years. But I don't go by at what event or when it might happen. 9/11 attack came out of the blue to regular Americans. Even today, we are "alerted," an attack probably come out of nowhere (if not caught before).

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 03, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-03, 5:29 PM #31
Well it's pretty obvious that some people are death-bent on attacking us (not just the US), so yes I'm expecting it sometime, but who knows when. Expect the unexpected, I guess. It bugs me when certain people accuse the government of trying to achieve some sort of political advantage by raising the terror alert system. WTF? They'd be even more mad if they never did!

------------------
nil nip nada zip zero naught lip zil
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-08-03, 7:01 PM #32
I predict that we'll see the capture of Bin Laden about a week before election day. I think we already have him, but Bush is just sitting on him waiting on the election. That way it'll seem like all of the stupid things he did prior to that don't count, cause we got the bad guy. It's smart politics, but I hope he burns anyway.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-03, 8:06 PM #33
I've thought of something....

Bin ladin supposedly has s*** kidneys and needs dialysis a lot to keep going. Well, how many dialasis machines are there in Afghanistan or pakistan, or wherever he is?

Since those machines are not exactly portable and probably can't be operated out of a cave or anything like that, then bin ladin has to show up to one of the machines for treatment.

If the US guarded every machine in Afghanistan, we would catch him in a week if he's still there. He would have to show up sooner or later and be captured or else die. Either way, we win.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 03, 2004).]
2004-08-03, 8:15 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
Yeah man I'm expecting it RIGHT before election day so that Bush and Cheney and Halliburton will have an excuse to cancel the elections and make themselves rulers of fashist Amerikkka(lol like the kkk). This has all happened before man remember like in Naci Germany with Hitler?</font>

Are you discussing the plans for the Capitolstag bombing which would nicely be tied to John Kerry?

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-03, 8:32 PM #35
Wow page, you must be somekind of strategic genius. The US military's generals could never have thought of a plan like that! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-03, 9:23 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Wow page, you must be somekind of strategic genius. The US military's generals could never have thought of a plan like that! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

With Bush in charge, don't assume anything.

------------------
2004-08-03, 10:15 PM #37
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a terror alert before election day, but I would be slightly surprised if there was an actual attack, as that would expose how efficient the government actually is with dealing with an incident.

Additionally I would be very surprised if the election was fair.

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2004-08-03, 10:20 PM #38
I just kinda thought we could go in with guns and kill him, but kidney failure is alot more unexpected.

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2004-08-03, 10:22 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I've thought of something....

Bin ladin supposedly has s*** kidneys and needs dialysis a lot to keep going. Well, how many dialasis machines are there in Afghanistan or pakistan, or wherever he is?

Since those machines are not exactly portable and probably can't be operated out of a cave or anything like that, then bin ladin has to show up to one of the machines for treatment.

If the US guarded every machine in Afghanistan, we would catch him in a week if he's still there. He would have to show up sooner or later and be captured or else die. Either way, we win.
</font>

Yeah, I guess people with that much money can't afford to buy a machine of their own. And if they could, something the size of a small refrigerator, could never fit into a hideout. And since it's so complicated (you know, running blood over a porous membrane to filter certain salts and urea into a sugar water solution and pumping the remaining blood back into the body) he'd need an entire team of experts to operate it, not just a lone ex-soviet doctor who's starving and jobless (naturally those are few and far between).

------------------
0 of 14.

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited August 04, 2004).]
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-03, 10:29 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
I predict that we'll see the capture of Bin Laden about a week before election day. I think we already have him, but Bush is just sitting on him waiting on the election. That way it'll seem like all of the stupid things he did prior to that don't count, cause we got the bad guy. It's smart politics, but I hope he burns anyway.

</font>

This is a plausible and original theory that has not already been offered by many pundits wearing tinfoil hats. I salute your keen mind, sir!
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art

↑ Up to the top!