Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Skilled Photoshoppers Desired
Skilled Photoshoppers Desired
2008-02-25, 10:36 PM #1
Wow, so I would really appreciate it if someone with decent Photoshop skills could make a simple edit to my headshot picture (see below):

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v52/RossD/rossheadshot_lowqual.jpg]

I want the picture to have the wrinkles in the shirt smoothed out as much as possible. If anyone could exercise some good judgment and take a stab at it, I would be incredibly grateful. I've got acting auditions coming up and I want to send this off for reproductions in the best possible shape.

Email me for the high quality, 26 MB .tiff file at...

w
o
n
d
e
r
m
o
g
@
g
m
a
i
l
c
o
m

Thanks!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2008-02-25, 10:55 PM #2
Okay done

[http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/kyle901/wtf2.jpg]
Stuff
2008-02-25, 11:01 PM #3
You should have asked that they make you not look like Quasimodo.
2008-02-25, 11:06 PM #4
kyle90 made you fat.

o.0
2008-02-26, 6:51 AM #5
Very cute, Kyle. Seriously though, could someone help me out?
2008-02-26, 6:59 AM #6
I could do it, but I don't really see any problem with the shirt that would prevent you from getting a job. :P
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-02-26, 7:19 AM #7
Every little detail, TimeWolf, every little detail. ;)
2008-02-26, 9:13 AM #8
Did that image I sent work out?
2008-02-26, 9:25 AM #9
did real quick
Attachment: 18653/rossheadshot_ps.jpg (117,868 bytes)
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-02-26, 9:44 AM #10
haha man i was hoping for more spoof pics than what we have.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-02-26, 9:57 AM #11
low quality mock up. my interpretation was "get rid of laundry wrinkles not all the things that make me look three dimensional."
Attachment: 18654/rossheadshot_lowqual.jpg (132,642 bytes)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-02-26, 10:12 AM #12
NoESC: Perfect, that's exactly what I want, thanks, but you'd need to do it to the .tiff file, not a low quality Jpeg. Could you email me?

TimeWolfOfThePast: Thanks, I really appreciate it, but it still has that long fold down the right side. That really needs to go. If you could do it like what NoESC did, it would be perfect.

Thanks guys!
2008-02-26, 10:14 AM #13
oh and Ford: thanks, but I personally want that big crease to go, although I like what you did with the rest of it. :)
2008-02-26, 10:32 AM #14
Maybe you should iron your shirt next time.

;)
2008-02-26, 11:25 AM #15
If the big fold is removed it makes the fold on the collar really awkward.
2008-02-26, 11:27 AM #16
this is what i thought as well.

you need a better photographer who notices this kind of ****. if you shoot it right the first time theres no need for photoshop.
2008-02-26, 11:54 AM #17
This is going to sound a bit rude, but that photo makes you look pretty lop-sided. It's a mixture of the stance which has you leaning over and the kinda smirk you're pulling there. I'm guessing your face isn't really that asymmetric but that's what the audition people are going to see on first glance.
2008-02-26, 12:01 PM #18
This might sound really strange, but this portrait is really mind-boggling. I feel like you took two photographs of yourself and merged them together. The right half of your face (our left) looks like you're giving a really serious pose, while the left half of your face (our right) shows you smiling and looking light hearted. If you take your hand and cover up each side of your face right down your nose it really looks like it could be two different pictures!

Sorry, I probably put a lot more thought into that than was necessary.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2008-02-26, 12:19 PM #19
Much better.
Attachment: 18656/rossheadshot_lowqual.jpg (34,738 bytes)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-02-26, 1:53 PM #20
Attachment: 18657/rossheadshot_lowqual.jpg (78,652 bytes)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-02-26, 1:57 PM #21
emailed
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-02-26, 5:05 PM #22
I did a low quality one too and interpreted it like Ford did...doh well. The tiff file was too big for my inbox anyway, although I still might poke at it if it ever goes through. I have to agree that the picture is sort of perplexing, especially if you try to edit it to get rid of that crease..the crease is supposed to be there, it goes with the natural flow of the cloth..and if you take it out then the side where you have your head tilted looks really odd, like you have a kink in your neck or something..

I also noticed that while the most of the background is nice, the white part just behind your head looks really out of place, and just kind of like it splits the picture in two... it doesn't flow or make for good composition.. I have to agree, I don't think its really the best you could present to someone, but hey, its not my picture, I'm just someone photoshoping it. (although...you did ask that we use our own judgment in determining what needed to be done with it)
2008-02-26, 5:05 PM #23
I knew I recognised you from somewhere.

[http://www.incognitoflag.com/imgs/in_iraq.jpg]

Turns out you were that guy I photoshopped today
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-02-26, 5:15 PM #24
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Maybe you should iron your shirt next time.

;)

Point taken.

Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
If the big fold is removed it makes the fold on the collar really awkward.

I agree, sort of. If you didn't have the two pictures to compare, I bet it would look a lot less obvious. Still, I'm hoping NoESC can edit that as well.

Originally posted by Ford:
this is what i thought as well.

you need a better photographer who notices this kind of ****. if you shoot it right the first time theres no need for photoshop.

I agree. He was a nice guy though, and his fees are really VERY good for what he does. It was also the first time I'd had headshots, so I clearly have a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Recusant:
This is going to sound a bit rude, but that photo makes you look pretty lop-sided. It's a mixture of the stance which has you leaning over and the kinda smirk you're pulling there. I'm guessing your face isn't really that asymmetric but that's what the audition people are going to see on first glance.

No, I appreciate your honesty, I need that as an actor, and what better place for brutal honesty than on an anonymous internet forum?

Of course, I don't suppose you're an expert on headshots, auditions, or big summer stock acting organizations like SETC or NETC. I can see what you mean, but I'm not necessarily sure I agree. I'm hoping the picture shows a bit of character. :)

Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
This might sound really strange, but this portrait is really mind-boggling. I feel like you took two photographs of yourself and merged them together. The right half of your face (our left) looks like you're giving a really serious pose, while the left half of your face (our right) shows you smiling and looking light hearted. If you take your hand and cover up each side of your face right down your nose it really looks like it could be two different pictures!

Sorry, I probably put a lot more thought into that than was necessary.

Haha, yes, it does sound a little strange, but I think I see what you mean. A little Jekyll and Hyde-ish, perhaps? Well, I hope the look isn't completely contrived. :p

Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Much better.

When I'm auditioning for a remake of the "Devil's Advocate," I'll show this and suggest I be cast as Al Pacino's character.

Originally posted by Chewbubba:

Am I Rocky Balboa after a failed attempt at Rocky Balboa 2: Rumble in the Retirement Home? And I've got a tat. Nice.

Originally posted by NoESC:
emailed

Thanks.
2008-02-26, 5:23 PM #25
Originally posted by Phoenix301:
I did a low quality one too and interpreted it like Ford did...doh well. The tiff file was too big for my inbox anyway, although I still might poke at it if it ever goes through. I have to agree that the picture is sort of perplexing, especially if you try to edit it to get rid of that crease..the crease is supposed to be there, it goes with the natural flow of the cloth..and if you take it out then the side where you have your head tilted looks really odd, like you have a kink in your neck or something..

I also noticed that while the most of the background is nice, the white part just behind your head looks really out of place, and just kind of like it splits the picture in two... it doesn't flow or make for good composition.. I have to agree, I don't think its really the best you could present to someone, but hey, its not my picture, I'm just someone photoshoping it. (although...you did ask that we use our own judgment in determining what needed to be done with it)

Point well taken. These were my first headshots and obviously not the best taken. I have a lot of things in mind for how to take them better next time. Also, I think the photographer made some bad choices on occasion, such as what you mention.

And Oxyonagon ... I'm glad I was a source of your daily photoshop amusement involving American soldiers in Iraq?
2008-02-26, 5:33 PM #26
I thought you might dig the tat. :) I was going to give you two, but I was tired and ready to go home.

You came really close to wearing a rainbow-colored skullcap as well.
2008-02-26, 5:50 PM #27
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

You came really close to wearing a rainbow-colored skullcap as well.

Judging form the Obama pic, I rather burn my out my eyeballs than see what you have done. What do you think about that? :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-02-26, 5:56 PM #28
Originally posted by Echoman:
Judging form the Obama pic, I rather burn my out my eyeballs than see what you have done. What do you think about that? :v:

Got a match?
2008-02-26, 6:27 PM #29
Yeah, seriously guys, don't let me down on the skullcap. I'm all about Photoshop Wars: Headshot Edition.

And a very special thanks to NoESC for his work. Thanks to everyone else as well, just letting you know now though, I've got what I want. :)
2008-02-26, 6:37 PM #30
Do NOT submit the photograph without the big fold. The big fold NOT being there is going to look REALLY stupid and noob. Honestly, I totally agree about photoshopping out the wrinkles, but the normal fold in your clothing is *fine.* I'd be worried about hiring an actor who's frame disallowed clothing folds from appearing. That'd be an odd superpower.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-02-26, 6:51 PM #31
Not as odd as this headpiece.

The disclaimer is that I have a headache and didn't get it exactly the way I wanted, and I have other stuff to do, and I'm tired of you staring at me.
Attachment: 18662/daft_vader.jpg (83,155 bytes)
2008-02-26, 6:51 PM #32
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Do NOT submit the photograph without the big fold. The big fold NOT being there is going to look REALLY stupid and noob. Honestly, I totally agree about photoshopping out the wrinkles, but the normal fold in your clothing is *fine.* I'd be worried about hiring an actor who's frame disallowed clothing folds from appearing. That'd be an odd superpower.

He's so hot his shirt irons itself.
2008-02-26, 8:09 PM #33
Chewbubba: thanks for making my day.

Kirby: Does this edit look THAT unnatural? I seriously doubt people are going to even think about it unless they spend several hours analyzing my shirt (which would be a bit creepy). I'm going for a good, general impression with someone who is going to spend (a generous maybe) 15 seconds looking at my headshot. The edits on the shirt are just meant to take away from any possible distraction or detraction to the picture. If you really think otherwise, please argue your point, I may be persuaded.
Attachment: 18665/RA8U9606_edit.jpg (103,096 bytes)
2008-02-26, 8:13 PM #34
The fist impressing make you look like your face is contorted. It's a bit difficult to see the perspective properly.
2008-02-26, 8:19 PM #35
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The fist impressing make you look like your face is contorted. It's a bit difficult to see the perspective properly.

Uhm...what? I don't understand what you're saying.
2008-02-26, 8:20 PM #36
Smile and nod. Smile and nod.
2008-02-26, 8:25 PM #37
I think the lack of a fold is MORE distracting. Right now your collar looks cut off in some odd way for no reason. I'm telling you, the fold shows you have a normal body under your shirt. Right now I wonder if you aren't hunchbacked, and that isn't even a joke.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-02-26, 8:34 PM #38
I agree with kirbs, the fold should be there it looks unnatural without it.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-02-26, 8:40 PM #39
I think if I hadn't seen the original, I wouldn't have noticed.
2008-02-26, 9:06 PM #40
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I think the lack of a fold is MORE distracting. Right now your collar looks cut off in some odd way for no reason. I'm telling you, the fold shows you have a normal body under your shirt.

this.

↑ Up to the top!